General OT Thread #31: Wild Wish Offense Was As Potent As Fel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Finally moved to my apartment in Lappeenranta, only to notice I forgot few stuffs. City seems quite nice but I have no idea how the public transfer works out in here, yet. A bit sad I missed the previous season due to military service but hey, at least this city has it's own SM-Liiga team so maybe I'll watch hockey more than ever so far. And hoping for as many early games as possible because going sleeping 4 or less hours sucks. Guess I'll be more active this season then.

Lappeenranta is a nice city, although the russian presence is certainly noticeable. Be sure to try vety or atomi in the harbor. Best meat pies ever.

A childhood friend of mine used to live in Lappeenranta, next to the airport, so I'm somewhat familiar with the city. Never explored it that much though.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Moving to Tampere tomorrow. Alone for a week in a new city before the better half shows up :D

Exciting.

Last edited:

Keeptdos

May 1, 2011
Finland
Lappeenranta is a nice city, although the russian presence is certainly noticeable. Be sure to try vety or atomi in the harbor. Best meat pies ever.

A childhood friend of mine used to live in Lappeenranta, next to the airport, so I'm somewhat familiar with the city. Never explored it that much though.

Thanks for the tip! I'll try to catch Blues - Saipa. Also since friend is refereeing in Liiga this season.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
And I need to see Wild in live still...

Yeah, same here. We need to organize some sort of a group trip to save on expenses. I think there was some talk about that last winter?

Thanks for the tip! I'll try to catch Blues - Saipa. Also since friend is refereeing in Liiga this season.

Oh that's nice, so your friend is ready to get booed and insulted every night for doing his job? :laugh:

Me too. Find my roots and all that stuff. Should probably learn a little Finnish first though.

IIRC your surname was Ranta or something? That's... quite a common one. Might be a difficult task.

You don't need to know Finnish though. Most of the people here speak quite good English, apart from some of the elderly folk.

Billy Mays Here*

IIRC your surname was Ranta or something? That's... quite a common one. Might be a difficult task.

You don't need to know Finnish though. Most of the people here speak quite good English, apart from some of the elderly folk.

I believe my dad once mentioned to me that it was Raanta, but changed to Ranta once they came to America because it was easier to pronounce.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
I took a few boxing classes in college. It's great for staying in shape, and you also really learn how to put weight behind your punches. I also find myself watching more of it on television as well, even though I don't have anyone I pull for.
It was my first time, it was hard and I was dead tired, but I really enjoyed it.

I think it was Jarick who gave a really detailed explanation of what defined what in terms of relationships..

Something like:
Attraction+Freindships= sex

I don't remember where it was, but it was really deep and couldn't remember it when I wanted to explain it to someone.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
:laugh:

I remember being 20 years old and having AIM convos with a friend talking about relationships and love and sex and what not. I honestly never had a real girlfriend until I was 21.

I think it was something like Attraction + Friendship = Relationship, then Relationship + Similar Goals = Long Term Relationship. It sounds smart though, hah. Most girls are just as much into one night stands as the stereotypical guy, so pretty much Attraction + Alcohol can equal sex. But to be honest, not once have I had a one night stand. Just not in my nature.

Anyways, upgraded my new-ish 42" LED to a 47". Target had them on sale for $20 more than what I paid, within the exchange policy, and now my TV is hilariously huge. And looks great. Easier to read text in games and the screen looks nicer to be honest. Still have my 3 HDMI inputs (Apple TV, cable, PS3). The only downside was losing the smart TV stuff, but I have the Apple TV so that was superfluous anyway.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Jaromir Jagr called me this morning and said that "come to the local hockey arena in 1 hour, we are only 7 atm and we need one more Dman so we can practice with even teams". I had brand new RBK 14k's in my bag but I haven't had time to get them sharpened so I was panicking that do I need to go with my ****** Grafs!?!

Then I woke up. :(

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I know some of you guys have craigslist experience. Anyone ever sold a vehicle on craigslist?

I'm finally looking to get rid of my truck, and I'm 100% set on private sale, I just don't quite know where to start. I'm also thinking about throwing it up on autotrader, but same thing, not sure where to start, what to worry about, etc.

Just make sure you dont get scammed. Go local only, and I would probably say cash only too. You will get spammed by TONS of bots too, so you may want to create a disposable email address.

Billy Mays Here*

Wish I had a decent air rifle right now so I could've popped a few squirrels today. They were making so damn much noise I was about to run out there with a baseball bat and climb up the freakin' tree myself. I'd burrow a .22 or a .12 gauge from my dad's place but those are much too loud to use in a residential setting, and dangerous too if I'm not careful where I'm aiming.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Yeah, same here. We need to organize some sort of a group trip to save on expenses. I think there was some talk about that last winter?

We must travel by sea! Just like our distant relatives did long time ago.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
I don't know what happened in my head. But.. the thread title and boats..

Imagine. Fel on a Swedish ferry. 24hours. Wow!! :eek::scared:

Can't get the image out of my head!!! :help:

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I don't know what happened in my head. But.. the thread title and boats..

Imagine. Fel on a Swedish ferry. 24hours. Wow!! :eek::scared:

Can't get the image out of my head!!! :help:

Damn! A lot of kids surprisingly interested in hockey and fluent in French born across Sweden and Finland 9 months from that...

...Actually, that would explain the sudden surge of Swedish defensemen...

...You sure you've never been to Scandinavia, Fel?

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
We must travel by sea! Just like our distant relatives did long time ago.

Yes. First to Manchester, then across the Atlantic to New York. Sadly, we can't get to Minnesota with a boat, so we'll have to ride a horse or something.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Yes. First to Manchester, then across the Atlantic to New York. Sadly, we can't get to Minnesota with a boat, so we'll have to ride a horse or something.

Or reindeers. We could thumb a ride around xmas..

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Here's a boat:

Suomen Joutsen

Owner: City of Turku

Now, all we need is Mikko's number.

E: Also. We could grab Fel's babies on board, in case they wanna see their daddy.

Last edited:

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Here's a boat:

Suomen Joutsen

Owner: City of Turku

Now, all we need is Mikko's number.

E: Also. We could grab Fel's babies on board, in case they wanna see their daddy.

Dang, boats. I always get seasick. I think we should take something a little faster than Suomen Joutsen. Maybe Mikko will let us take his boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad