OT: General OT (Some Obscene Number+2) (No Politics, see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
Walking Dead S5 EPS1 was pretty awesome on Sunday. Naturally ratings continue to crush it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/13/walking-dead-season-5-premiere-is-shows-highest-rated-episode

Also really liking this season of Homeland so far. Have to say the marathon session of 9 episodes of last season the Sunday before the season opener definitely helped.

I only clicked this thread to see if you had commented on Homeland. Must be psychic.

I totally agree... and enjoying the season so far. Who knew Carrie was such a loose woman? And what's gonna happen to Saul, stuck in a trunk on his way to the Taliban headquarters.?

But, I was surprised a few years back by my better half who bought us tickets to see Matty Patinkin sing at the Kennedy Center. Two and one half hours of falsetto... UGH... talk about your long nights. It was literally, like a punishment.

Last edited by a moderator:

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
While I'm at it, I was really disappointed by Boardwalk Empire. Season finale after a mere 8 episodes should have come quicker. Odd twist as to the redheaded woman... and not a good one, IMO.

Oh well. stuck rooting against Toad Hoffman, I guess. Nothing much else on.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
creepy2.gif

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
Not going to class tmrw for what will be possibly my last round of golf during the beautiful fall foliage. So excited!

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Star Wars Episode 7 officially has a title:

www.starwars.com

Not great but it beats the living daylights out of "The Phantom Menace".

I think this Star Wars movie makes the playoffs and gets at least to the second round :nod:

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Just preparing for lens flair/shaky cam bull malarky, hah. My expectations are so low. If they are aiming at the kids again like phantom menace just feels like another fail.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
All the Star Wars movies aimed for the kids. Phantom Menace sucked because it sucked. It also tried to spice up the plot with space politics.

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Seeing Interstellar in IMAX at AMC Tyson late show tonight. Actually first IMAX ever not counting what they called that theater in the Air & Space Museum in DC, heh.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Going to the Ryder Cup when it's the UK's turn to host seems to me like the pinnacle of golf trips (unless you are American)... if only I didn't have university to waste money on.

Attending on both US and European soil are actually on my list. The next one happens to be here, so I'll knock that one off first.

I'd like to do a Wimbledon and British open trip in the next few years.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Seeing Interstellar in IMAX at AMC Tyson late show tonight. Actually first IMAX ever not counting what they called that theater in the Air & Space Museum in DC, heh.

Hopefully you're going to their best theater. That one is a great theater. I'm seeing it in Imax tomorrow night. It's the only way I see the big movies.

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Sep 19, 2008
The hype is about BIG HERO 6

That looks good but my car is dead forcing me to ride the Metro with a borrowed car for a few days :(

Was planning to go out to Tysons to see it, Tysons is my favorite mall and movie theater, but again, car issues. Also don't feel like taking Silver line.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
I've always thought that no one, sane or otherwise, could possibly be opposed to net neutrality. But now that the president has come out in favor of it, I look forward to all manner of folk to oppose it.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
I've always thought that no one, sane or otherwise, could possibly be opposed to net neutrality. But now that the president has come out in favor of it, I look forward to all manner of folk to oppose it.
As someone who's father has been brainwashed by a certain cable faux-news channel, you'd be surprised how misinformed many are about what it actually is.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Dan Le Batard, the uber annoying ESPN radio talk show host, has a name that means "Dan the Bast*rd" in French :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad