OT: General OT (Some Obscene Number+2) (No Politics, see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1445905

(mod) Remember, this is an OT thread in comparison to Caps hockey, but HF wants to keep the general political talk confined to the politics forum:

10) Off-Topic Posting: Posts are to be on the topic of the board description where they're posted. Off Topic posts may be moved or closed at the moderators discretion. We do not allow homework threads. All political discussion is to be done on the Political Discussion Forum.

Do not post political discussion in this thread. Political overlap is possible in some cases, at HF discretion, but run of the mill election talk is expressly directed to the politics forum.

Part of the reason for this is we do not want dozens of political threads around the site where posters can dump on the thread, get threadbanned, and then just find another one. There is ONE political forum, and any other subforums that tolerate some political talk exist per the mods of that forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
For anyone who has never watched a cricket match, tomorrow at 10:30am EDT is the 2014 Champions League Twenty20 final match.

Twenty20 is the newest and most accessible form of cricket, with matches being similar in length to a playoff baseball game. The two remaining teams are the Kolkata Knight Riders and the Chennai Super Kings, who finished 1st and 3rd in last year's Indian Premier League, respectively. Chennai is captained by Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who was the captain and hero of the 2011 World Cup champion Indian team.

Basically, each team bats once until they reach either 10 outs or 120 pitches, whichever comes first. Players bat until they're out, but with such a low pitch limit compared to the two other forms of cricket, there is less emphasis on preserving outs and more placed on swinging for the fences. This makes it the shortest and most exciting form of cricket.

Anyways, it's on watchESPN for anyone who is looking to expand their sports horizons while nothing else is on tomorrow morning (the match should last 3-4 hours).

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
A patient is being evaluated for Ebola at Howard University Hospital in Washington, D.C., a hospital spokesperson confirmed Friday.

That person has been admitted to the hospital in stable condition and is isolated. The medical team is working with the CDC and other authorities to monitor the patient's condition.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...-at-Howard-University-Hospital-278025181.html

No big deal guys... No need for a travel ban. Lets just keep on giving people visas from Africa.

member 116861

Annotated bibliography for a World War 1 essay. It shouldn't be too hard but I have literally done nothing this semester.

member 116861

I'm so hungry but I'm too lazy to go downstairs and find something to eat. This sucks.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I just started as an intern at a kindergarten. Easiest thing ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 19, 2008
One hour and ****ing twenty one minute drive home on 495 today. Just because of light rain outside.

This city is ridiculously stupid and illogical sometimes.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
One hour and ****ing twenty one minute drive home on 495 today. Just because of light rain outside.

This city is ridiculously stupid and illogical sometimes.

I feel your pain...light rain is cause for people to drive 20 below the speed limit.

Burakovsky95*

It takes me 2 hours and 15 minutes sometimes to go from Catholic U to Olney. What should be a 25-30 minute drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad