OT: General OT (Some Obscene Number+2) (No Politics, see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
That Daisy Ridley chick, if she can indeed act, is going to be a superstar going forward from this.

I actually watched I, II and III yesterday in advance of this....and really...the trailer alone blows those movies away. So much CGI just ruined so much of those three.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

I'm normally a stone cold jaded internets dude but I got surprisingly misty eyed on the first watch of that trailer. I plan on actually seeing that in the theater which is rare to get me to go to these days.

That said the phantom menace was the worst most disheartening movie I had ever seen. I almost walked out which I have never done.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Any Doctor Who snobs on here?

Can't stand those f***ing tools....or that show. My wifes best friends husband is one....and of course, on queue, he poo poo'd the trailer/hype. Get over yourself and your show.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York

Can't stand those f***ing tools....or that show. My wifes best friends husband is one....and of course, on queue, he poo poo'd the trailer/hype. Get over yourself and your show.

I don't understand how anyone can be a Doctor Who snob. I enjoy the new ones and think they're a lot of fun, but they're idiotic. The production values are terrible and the Doctor always saves the day with an absurd, contrived solution to whatever problem he's dealing with. If we're going to be honest, by far the best part of the show is Billy Piper, Karen Gillan and Jenna Coleman.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I don't understand how anyone can be a Doctor Who snob. I enjoy the new ones and think they're a lot of fun, but they're idiotic. The production values are terrible and the Doctor always saves the day with an absurd, contrived solution to whatever problem he's dealing with. If we're going to be honest, by far the best part of the show is Billy Piper, Karen Gillan and Jenna Coleman.

Ridiculous show. I have one friend who is a British TV snob, including Doctor Who and it's insufferable.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Every trailer, toy, and tidbit that comes out continues to reinforce the leaked synopsis that was posted a few months ago. I'm kinda bummed that I know the plot, but I still think I'll honestly enjoy it.

Already bought my tickets for the 17th.

Same. In honest-to-goodness IMAX. Mine are at Franklin Institute in Philadelphia, but both Air & Space Museums in DC should be dedicated to Ep. VII during that time period as well. Don't waste your money on LieMAX, get the real deal.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Ok people, I'm seriously considering upgrading my TV. I'm obsessed with Samsung curved LED screens. But my flatscreen is only 6 years old.

Someone please talk me out of this.

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Ok people, I'm seriously considering upgrading my TV. I'm obsessed with Samsung curved LED screens. But my flatscreen is only 6 years old.

Someone please talk me out of this.

Hold off two years would be my honest opinion and let the OLED tech to continue to mature. The LG OLED TVs basically destroy LCD and Plasma.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Hold off two years would be my honest opinion and let the OLED tech to continue to mature. The LG OLED TVs basically destroy LCD and Plasma.

Hmmm... ok, that's helpful.

Yeah, the OLED displays are stunning.

And notwithstanding strung's proclamation, I like the curved screens; they have so much depth.

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I don't mind the curved screen but I'm just me and rarely have people over.

My parents are about to upgrade their TV. Basically locked in to 50" as a size and the Samsung 7000 series versus the Vizio M series. Samsungs do look slightly better but can't justify the 300 dollar swing.

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

Maybe I was when Tom Baker was the Doctor, hah. Just never been drawn to the show the past few years. There is just way better TV shows out there these days.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I don't mind the curved screen but I'm just me and rarely have people over.

My parents are about to upgrade their TV. Basically locked in to 50" as a size and the Samsung 7000 series versus the Vizio M series. Samsungs do look slightly better but can't justify the 300 dollar swing.

I haven't looked at the Vizios, but I will. I found an online outfit selling the Samsung 7500s with 3D for about $1000 less than Amazon. Hard to resist.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Maybe I was when Tom Baker was the Doctor, hah. Just never been drawn to the show the past few years. There is just way better TV shows out there these days.

Tom Baker GOAT

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Ridiculous show. I have one friend who is a British TV snob, including Doctor Who and it's insufferable.

I love/have loved a lot of shows on BBC (Luther, Jeykll, Sherlock, etc) but just couldn't get into the new Dr. Who series. Ridiculous is the perfect way to describe it.

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I haven't looked at the Vizios, but I will. I found an online outfit selling the Samsung 7500s with 3D for about $1000 less than Amazon. Hard to resist.

This was like 750 for the Vizio..1100 for the Samsung (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZIGRX4W/ref=psdc_6459737011_t3_B00U9U96CY).

I'm a plasma guy but off axis viewing for the 4k LCDs seemed to much improved the last few years. Still way to expensive but its going to drop. I dropped 5k on a Pioneer kuro elite 151 back when it was the best TV on the planet but can't see myself spending more than that.

Oh beast: LG OLED 4K UHDTV EG9600 - Hands On Review

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
This thread is about to get moldy and hit 1,000. I think Cali should have the honor of booting up the next rare and elusive OT thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad