OT: General OT (Some Obscene Number+2) (No Politics, see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
any idea when they will release the promotion schedule. Thinking of going tomorrow to the game.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Speaking of Caps commemorations, I was looking for a Canucks keychain and I found this instead:

A keychain commemorating the Capitals' 1000th game in the NHL.

$_12.JPG

I dunno about you but I think that'd be a sweet heirloom to have on hand.

Sep 19, 2008
I regret not buying the commemorative home opener puck. It was like ten dollars.

I liked my first trip ever to Verizon, I went to a Caps game a long, long time ago at the old Capital Centre, but remember nothing. It was nice to visit Verizon for the first time, it's really very nice.

I'd like to get a jersey sometime but the prices at Verizon are ridiculous. Even the Winter Classic shirts with the W on the front and player name on the back are 35 dollars :laugh:

Sep 19, 2008
One thing that isn't ridiculous is DC sports prices now

Redskins game...12 bucks. Caps game...14 bucks. :yo:

Easily affordable for everyone! Wish I had known about finding these ticket deals earlier.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Walking Dead S5 EPS1 was pretty awesome on Sunday. Naturally ratings continue to crush it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/13/walking-dead-season-5-premiere-is-shows-highest-rated-episode

he episode was watched by 17.3 million viewers and 11 million adults aged 18-49, increases of 7% and 6%, respectively, over the season four premiere, the previous record-holder.

The Walking Dead continues to be the #1 show on television among adults 18-49. Last night’s episode outperformed everything else on television in this key demographic, including Sunday Night Football, by over 2.5 million adults 18-49. With time-shifted playback, the season five premiere should exceed 22 million viewers.

Also really liking this season of Homeland so far. Have to say the marathon session of 9 episodes of last season the Sunday before the season opener definitely helped.

Sep 19, 2008
So after snooping around about the memoribilia thing there'll be a lot of opportunities to get 40th anniversary gear stuff this season...I've already gotten the magnet from opening day, and they plan to give away an Ovechkin bobblehead with the 40th anniversary patch on Jan 20th. That sounds neat.

Sep 19, 2008
Lost Dog Cafe has some good beer available. I'm there during lunch though so it's not like I can take them out :laugh:

The shortest traffic light in history is on Gallows / International Dr. directly across from Tysons Corner Center. The light lasts for about 5 seconds before turning yellow. There is literally no reason for the green light to be that short. If you drive by there at 5 PM...:rant:

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
Shameless/ful plug: A pal's team, The Rustico Flames, is playing the Wounded Warriors at Kettler at 9:30 am on Saturday, November 8. Free event, but a $5 donation gets you entered in a gift certificate lottery. Good cause, and it's nice to have a good morning at the rink.

Last edited:

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Man does anyone know of any Friday evening or Saturday pickup ice hockey around? Checking the usual NOVA rinks and can only find lunch time PUs during the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad