OT: General OT MEGATHREAD (No Politics) - Read OP before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Quite bullish on this overall...

Amazon unveils first batch of casting for The Wheel of Time adaptation

I consider this more traditional fantasy (ala pre GRRM) so this feels like a serious step back depending on the overall tone of the show and feel it would have the fate of the Chronicles of Shannara/Sword of Truth, etc.. It will attract standard fantasy fans but not pick up the Game of Thrones fans that were never fantasy fans. I can think of a ton of newer fantasy series or even better scifi series (Bezos likes scifi).

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Quite bullish on this overall...

Amazon unveils first batch of casting for The Wheel of Time adaptation

I consider this more traditional fantasy (ala pre GRRM) so this feels like a serious step back depending on the overall tone of the show and feel it would have the fate of the Chronicles of Shannara/Sword of Truth, etc.. It will attract standard fantasy fans but not pick up the Game of Thrones fans that were never fantasy fans. I can think of a ton of newer fantasy series or even better scifi series (Bezos likes scifi).

One of my favorite series of all time. I pray they do it justice. There so much cool magic which will be the opposite of Thrones. Just needs to be dark, violent, lots of nudity...lol to not turn into Shannara, or Sword of Truth’ish.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Perrin is the only casting I don't see. Dude is supposed to be a bear of a man. The guy they cast needs to hit the gym.

Rand has some acting chops (though his reel is all in Dutch).

Thom Merrilin and Lan will be pretty darn important casting decisions. I'd bet there's a reasonable chance they use Thom as a narrative device.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Perrin is the only casting I don't see. Dude is supposed to be a bear of a man. The guy they cast needs to hit the gym.

Rand has some acting chops (though his reel is all in Dutch).

Thom Merrilin and Lan will be pretty darn important casting decisions. I'd bet there's a reasonable chance they use Thom as a narrative device.

It is about time that the modern polygamist sects have a fantasy hero to root for in Rand, lulz.

I'm really curious who lands the Lan role as he was my favorite character. My recollection in the later books he would literally not be in a couple of books in a row but I always found his backstory way more interesting.

My rough fantasy magic level is low (GoT), medium (WoT), high (Steven Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen series).

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I tried a couple of the Malazan, didn’t stick with me.

Currently reading Chronicles of the Black Company. Solid.

And yeah Lan was awesome. So mysterious seemed to disappear for long stretches only to appear for a cool part.

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I tried a couple of the Malazan, didn’t stick with me.

Currently reading Chronicles of the Black Company. Solid.

And yeah Lan was awesome. So mysterious seemed to disappear for long stretches only to appear for a cool part.

I hear you on Malazan it is rough wrapping ones head around the world building and magic system. And I due wonder that it is not actually like but just impressed at the world building that makes me fonder for it. I did read on the internets that the book series was at least partially based on actually RPG gaming group he ran (believe it was Gurps fantasy rpg).

I think that one the male channellers started showing up and Rand coming into powers it sort of like the non-superpowered marvel heroes running around with actually super powered super heroes.

I've seen Black Company stuff it is sort of on the list to check out at some point but that list seems endless though I'm currently on a reading binge though admittedly some stuff lately is not real good I just get OCD in finishing out a series even when it qualities are sincerely limited, heh.

Re: WoT I think the main reason I'm so dubious as it falls within the clear LotR good vs evil which is pretty simplistic. Don't get me wrong me being a fantasy fan that doesn't turn me off at this point but it does need to be quality. GoT is basically a dark political drama with some fantasy elements thrown in.

Before I forget Rise of the Phoenix series on Netflix is pretty awesome political fantasy series for those inclined to those. Was impressed with it.

Lobodomy

Feb 25, 2019
Finland
My step-bro died on tuesday, and his father was denied to go to the grave, and his funerals. I'm feeling furious, his f***ing ex is saying you cant f***ing come ! I know you hate each others, but cmon, let the man see the grave.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
My step-bro died on tuesday, and his father was denied to go to the grave, and his funerals. I'm feeling furious, his ****ing ex is saying you cant ****ing come ! I know you hate each others, but cmon, let the man see the grave.

That’s sad. Sorry.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
My step-bro died on tuesday, and his father was denied to go to the grave, and his funerals. I'm feeling furious, his ****ing ex is saying you cant ****ing come ! I know you hate each others, but cmon, let the man see the grave.

First: so sorry to hear. Time never fully heals you when you lose someone, but it will get better over time. I lost my father in law and dog last year within 3 days of each other and we were a wreck for a couple of months, but it has been better recently.

Second: as hard as it is right now everyone is probably grieving and it can be expressed in ways you won’t necessarily agree with, such as his ex denying his father entry to the funeral. You can be angry as shit at her and that’s fine, but don’t say or do anything you might regret. She’s probably hurting a lot too.

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

Very sorry to hear.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania

Veteran that is also employed by Barstool who doesn't agree with what's going on so there's two sides to this. Seems like those who made this "hit piece" up are going to be fired according to Ben Allbright. Barstool recently fired an employee for an article discussing the sugar daddy woman who was murdered out west. I wouldn't be surprised to see these idiots fired as well

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
Sad news for the gearheads of the bored, those of you like me who enjoy watching tv shows surrounding people playing with cars...

Jessi Combs was killed while attempting the LSR for women in some jet car on Tuesday I believe.

In an era where car shows run rampant, some better than others, and some personalities better than others, she was one of the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce