OT: General OT MEGATHREAD (No Politics) Pt. 3 - Read OP before posting

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Yes, that was pretty horrifying. Altho I believe that was a cantilever style bridge, all those beams and whatnot are under tension/compression…and while I’m sure it could handle one or so failing, if enough go it simply turns into a house of cards.

I hate driving over bridges, the older I get, the more I hate. That event has increased the pucker factor 10X. I would plan my trips over the bay bridge to night time, so I wouldn’t have to see how far above the drink I was.

I rode my motorcycle over the Bay Bridge once, the summer I graduated high school. In the rain. It was windy. I was convinced I was going to die then and there. The last hour home to Bethesda was in a pile of my own poo.

Sep 19, 2008
1711542965089.png

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Who y'all got in this is rap beef?
that shit erupted out of nowhere and all the sudden I was like "what playoffs?"

Kendrick took it by a mile, walked him out a little and then danced on the corpse. the fact that he put out 4 tracks and Drake' 3rd (which comes after all four) is still hitting on the predictability that Kendrick called in euphoria (his first) is stupid, it's like Drake unknowingly played into an EP of Kendrick just eating someone alive.

Reactions: bacchist

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013

Kendrick took it by a mile, walked him out a little and then danced on the corpse. the fact that he put out 4 tracks and Drake' 3rd (which comes after all four) is still hitting on the predictability that Kendrick called in euphoria (his first) is stupid, it's like Drake unknowingly played into an EP of Kendrick just eating someone alive.
Couldn't put it better myself.

Love the fact the Kendrick's last track, where he beats Drake at his own game, is a legit hit now, too. Seeing it used on sports broadcasts already.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia

Family matters is the best track out of this beef, I have no allegiance to Drake or Kendrick

Reactions: Neil Racki

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
lol wtf is even going on

It's a celebrity thing. So in this particular case, you have Lamar (that ugly NBA guy that used to bonk a Kardashian), Drake (a famous duck), and Kendrick (that tiny actress from those flicks where people sing aggressively at each other, which is a stupid concept that is not real).

They are all famous for different things and are mad at each other because that's what social media is for. So they work it out by choosing a neutral activity they can compete in fairly. For this one they chose wrapping beef, which is weird cuz these types of idiots are usually vegans...

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
It's a celebrity thing. So in this particular case, you have Lamar (that ugly NBA guy that used to bonk a Kardashian), Drake (a famous duck), and Kendrick (that tiny actress from those flicks where people sing aggressively at each other, which is a stupid concept that is not real).

They are all famous for different things and are mad at each other because that's what social media is for. So they work it out by choosing a neutral activity they can compete in fairly. For this one they chose wrapping beef, which is weird cuz these types of idiots are usually vegans...
As a product of the 80s and 90s I'm used to my rap beefs starting over regional drug cartel disputes, lasting maybe 1 or 2 volleys of dis tracks over a few years, and then ending in gunfire.

So this seems really f***ing silly.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
As a product of the 80s and 90s I'm used to my rap beefs starting over regional drug cartel disputes, lasting maybe 1 or 2 volleys of dis tracks over a few years, and then ending in gunfire.

So this seems really f***ing silly.
I don’t know what boxes everyone else checks, but it was explained very clearly on Twitter that I’m not allowed to even have thoughts about this, much less discuss it…. :sarcasm:

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Oh man. Steve Albini died. That one hurts.

Steve Albini, US alt-rock musician and producer, dies aged 61

Even if you don't immediately recognize the name, you've almost undoubtedly listened to several major 1990s alt-rock albums that he recorded/produced/"engineered."

(It's not anywhere near as well-known as some of the other albums he recorded, but Brainiac's Hissing Prigs in Static Couture is one of my absolute favorite albums of all time, across all genres.)

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
I don’t know what boxes everyone else checks, but it was explained very clearly on Twitter that I’m not allowed to even have thoughts about this, much less discuss it…. :sarcasm:

Yeah, I'm tuned out on new music. so I barely even know who they are. And what I do know is trivia. So like Drake is Canadian, right? He was on a teen soap. So I guess that's my generation's equivalent of being Webster, or Arnold's friend on Diff'rent Strokes. At best he might be Cockroach from Cosby.

ay5mk5zt.gif
ImpOAu3t.gif
NGUSgE6t.gif

So he shouldn't be talking shit to anyone. He could maybe be a street thug if he wanted to, but that street would have to be Sesame Street...

OJVPfiim.jpg

So it might technically be a rap beef, but it's a Nerf rap beef. Like if a fortuneteller said you were going to be attacked by a lion tomorrow and the scene on your front porch in the morning was...

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad