Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Do you bring back Merk to play C or Lysell to play wing?

Not sure which thread to put this in :).

But with Zacha, Geekie, Coyle, Frederic, Beecher, Boqvist on the big club they have options.

You wonder if it’s something longer term if they would feel better about having a kid on the wing vs C.

Reactions: HustleB

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
i want lysell up to play wing. they dont give young centers time/responsibility and i think the time after you get sent down is almost more valuable than the call up. get lysells feet wet and give him some nhl homework for the rest of his time in provy

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
Mast and Keyser heading back to Providence…that must mean Bussi is getting the call to Boston. Ya buddy!!!

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Do you bring back Merk to play C or Lysell to play wing?

Not sure which thread to put this in :).

But with Zacha, Geekie, Coyle, Frederic, Beecher, Boqvist on the big club they have options.

You wonder if it’s something longer term if they would feel better about having a kid on the wing vs C.
Dont think the Bruins need to call up anybody.

Marchand-Coyle-DeBrusk
JVR-Zacha-Pasta
Heinen-Geekie-Frederic
Lauko/Boqvist-Beecher-Steen

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
Dont think the Bruins need to call up anybody.

Marchand-Coyle-DeBrusk
JVR-Zacha-Pasta
Heinen-Geekie-Frederic
Lauko/Boqvist-Beecher-Steen

But they should call up Lysell.

Would love to reinforce the notion that hard work and good play is rewarded. Plus he skates real nice and stuff.

Reactions: HustleB

remer

Oct 18, 2005
But they should call up Lysell.

Would love to reinforce the notion that hard work and good play is rewarded. Plus he skates real nice and stuff.
I would agree. Might be time to give Merkulov and Lysell some time. Other call ups have not really been that productive. Lauko 28 games -3 points, Steen 24 games- 1 point, , and Brown 10 games- 1 point.

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020

I saw that Hall has 3G-3A in 5GP and was 2nd star in Maine’s last game. Very interesting that they called up Mechura over him. That’s a message if I’ve ever seen one!
Excited to see how Mechura looks, big kid with a lot of skill…hoping they slot him in replace of Merk. Let’s go Prov!!!

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
One of Providence's better games of the season. They had a ton of chances but the WBS goalie kept stoning them (or they would miss the net altogether). Kudos to them for sticking with it.
Lysell had another really good game. He was generating chances left and right and had very few negative plays.
Good to see Harrison getting some meaningful ice time. I can't say he played great (but not terrible either) but his comfort level on the ice does seem to be growing.
Conversely, Toporowski is nearing press box status for me. I don't know what the deal is but he looks like a shell of the player we saw last year.
Abate can join him. I've been complimentary of him in the past but all he's been doing lately is taking bad penalties.
I was critical of the vets early in the year but Richard and Megna (and Boqvist before being recalled) have played a lot better lately. Add in some solid play from Brown and it's easy to see why the team has been more successful lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad