Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
thoughts on dipietro? may have been mismanaged by canucks
Might be a coaching thing. I know nothing about goalies but I was thinking he looks different last night. I was also wondering why I didn't notice it prior, so my opinion should be easily ignored.

• Haha
Reactions: neelynugs

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Please help me understand a few things.

1 - why is Mechura playing over Harrison? Yes he’s young, but why not play him every game?

2 - why is Mechura playing 2LW over Kuntar? I don’t recall ever seeing Kuntar moved up the line up beyond 3LW…seems odd to me.

3 - why would Mechura get called up over Hall who has solid numbers and is on a BOS contract?
Harrison and Brunet are on the Leo Carlsson plan and I don't see that changing until maybe Spring

Mechura was playing well for Maine and Mougenel gets to see what he's got for organizational depth

No idea about Kuntar, he's had a pretty solid season thus far

Unfortunately it's not gonna happen here for Hall,glad he's playing well in Maine

Reactions: Grumpy Grizz

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
Harrison and Brunet are on the Leo Carlsson plan and I don't see that changing until maybe Spring

Mechura was playing well for Maine and Mougenel gets to see what he's got for organizational depth

No idea about Kuntar, he's had a pretty solid season thus far

Unfortunately it's not gonna happen here for Hall,glad he's playing well in Maine
Thanks for feedback. I really like Brunet, feel like he’s got a ton of upside! And Harrison has been slow to start but feel like he’s slowly getting acclimated to the pro game…maybe he’ll have a big 2nd half!
Kuntar is still. Head-scratcher, I feel like he could be as effective as Farinacci given the same opportunity. And ya, Hall will stay buried in Maine unless he gets thrown into a trade. Looks like he scored again today.

Switching gears, did you see today’s BOS line-up? Boqvist at 2C, Lauko/Steen at 4W but no Beecher…he’s done really well acclimating to 4F responsibilities…is there an outside chance we see him in Prov?!?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Thanks for feedback. I really like Brunet, feel like he’s got a ton of upside! And Harrison has been slow to start but feel like he’s slowly getting acclimated to the pro game…maybe he’ll have a big 2nd half!
Kuntar is still. Head-scratcher, I feel like he could be as effective as Farinacci given the same opportunity. And ya, Hall will stay buried in Maine unless he gets thrown into a trade. Looks like he scored again today.

Switching gears, did you see today’s BOS line-up? Boqvist at 2C, Lauko/Steen at 4W but no Beecher…he’s done really well acclimating to 4F responsibilities…is there an outside chance we see him in Prov?!?
There is

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
2-1 WBS after 1
Shots 14-4 WBS
Softie by Bussi tied it
Bruins passing is off
Merkulov rang the post
Megna a late scratch, Arseneau in

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
2-2 after 2
Shots 23-12 WBS
Solid period from Regula
Merkulov on the PK
Winnable game

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
Lysell snipes one 3-2 Providence

That thing was a missile

Brazeau goal

I thought Lysell doesn't use his teammates well? I thought he tries to do everything on his own?
That pass on the Brazeau goal is emblematic of one of his strengths (that he uses quite often)...he uses his skating to draw 3 (!) defenders to him and deftly slips the puck to an open teammate (who then hits another open teammate on the doorstep). Time for box score and Twitter clip watchers (a.k.a. most prospect "experts") to get a new narrative about him.
With that said, he didn't have a great game overall. He couldn't keep the puck on his stick for most of the first half of the game and also took a dumb/obvious/unnecessary penalty in the offensive zone (and later got away with interference while filling in for a pinching D). Yet despite that, all it took was two plays for him be a difference maker (and #1 star) in the game. He is slowly but surely "getting it" and is inching towards being ready for primetime IMO if he keeps on his current trajectory.

Other thoughts from tonight:
-- Prov was pretty sloppy overall. They were lucky to win this one.
-- The first goal was a bit of a softy and he wasn't asked to make a ton of difficult saves but good to see Bussi back in the swing of things. I was hoping Boston would give him a game with Ullmark out but alas.
-- Good to see Harrison get ice time with Merkulov. He made a nice play on Merk's goal. He's still very up and down but he continues to make progress.
-- Mitchell had a rough night.

Reactions: HustleB

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
Honestly that looks to me like Harrison just lost control of the puck, and Merkulov happened to be there. I'm not buying that it was a pass
Hahaha completely agree, puck slid off his stick turning towards boards, but still a solid play to skate puck into OZ, shield it and Merk did the rest. Love how this team continues to find ways to win even when they suck!

Reactions: bruinsfan1968

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I thought Lysell doesn't use his teammates well? I thought he tries to do everything on his own?
That pass on the Brazeau goal is emblematic of one of his strengths (that he uses quite often)...he uses his skating to draw 3 (!) defenders to him and deftly slips the puck to an open teammate (who then hits another open teammate on the doorstep). Time for box score and Twitter clip watchers (a.k.a. most prospect "experts") to get a new narrative about him.
With that said, he didn't have a great game overall. He couldn't keep the puck on his stick for most of the first half of the game and also took a dumb/obvious/unnecessary penalty in the offensive zone (and later got away with interference while filling in for a pinching D). Yet despite that, all it took was two plays for him be a difference maker (and #1 star) in the game. He is slowly but surely "getting it" and is inching towards being ready for primetime IMO if he keeps on his current trajectory.

Other thoughts from tonight:
-- Prov was pretty sloppy overall. They were lucky to win this one.
-- The first goal was a bit of a softy and he wasn't asked to make a ton of difficult saves but good to see Bussi back in the swing of things. I was hoping Boston would give him a game with Ullmark out but alas.
-- Good to see Harrison get ice time with Merkulov. He made a nice play on Merk's goal. He's still very up and down but he continues to make progress.
-- Mitchell had a rough night.
Assuming he stays on this pace and assuming he stays healthy and is able to work out the full offseason I don't see a reason why he wouldn't be in Boston in October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino