Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Finally caught up on this weekends action and to state the obvious, Richard and Boquist are red hot,Lysell is starting to make the case for a call up and the most interesting? shocking ? Stat
Alec Regula is +25 in 30 games
Is he someone that could end up being a third pair option for the big club?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Is he someone that could end up being a third pair option for the big club?
Not sure, he doesn't stand out to me which is probably good, they seem to be grooming him and Callahan for bigger and better things down the road
He could be rounding into an NHL Dman and we're just starting to see the potential or ....
He's just a decent AHL defenseman that's had favorable match-ups and luck
But he's clearly doing something right

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Not sure, he doesn't stand out to me which is probably good, they seem to be grooming him and Callahan for bigger and better things down the road
He could be rounding into an NHL Dman and we're just starting to see the potential or ....
He's just a decent AHL defenseman that's had favorable match-ups and luck
But he's clearly doing something right
Would lean to your observations above anything else but I feel like you have to rule out luck at this point…he leads the entire league with a +25

Renouf is next with a +18 and then it trickles down from there but that’s a pretty sizable difference

10 points in 30 games is also solid production

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
Would lean to your observations above anything else but I feel like you have to rule out luck at this point…he leads the entire league with a +25

Renouf is next with a +18 and then it trickles down from there but that’s a pretty sizable difference

10 points in 30 games is also solid production
I agree with Eric. While I tend to focus more on what players do with the puck on their stick vs. their defensive play, Regula hasn't really struck me as a guy who has been completely locking down the opponent this season. The Bruins have allowed the 5th most goals in the entire league and have the third worst PK %. Considering they have two very good goalies, I would expect those numbers to be a lot better if they had one of the best defensive d-men in the league logging big minutes. This is another situation where I would like to see what the advanced metrics say but I tend to agree his +/- is more of an anomaly as opposed to evidence of "defensive domination" as Dom recently posted.

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020

Finally!!! What on earth where they waiting for?!?! Better to burying him in Maine than in the stands. Well done Prov!

Question - with Canada losing, will Poitras come back to Boston, or will they send him to OHL? Asking for selfish reasons…would much prefer to see Merkulov stay up and get a handful more games under his belt as I truly believe he’s a better prospect than Poitras, albeit older.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Finally!!! What on earth where they waiting for?!?! Better to burying him in Maine than in the stands. Well done Prov!

Question - with Canada losing, will Poitras come back to Boston, or will they send him to OHL? Asking for selfish reasons…would much prefer to see Merkulov stay up and get a handful more games under his belt as I truly believe he’s a better prospect than Poitras, albeit older.
I like Merk a lot. What about him do you like over Poitras? Is it primarily his shot?

I just think Poitras’ ceiling is uncapped. I’m not saying he’s a sure fire 1st liner but I’m definitely not ruling it out. In theory I could say the same for Merkulov but the 3 year difference seals the deal for me.

Reactions: Dangleittus13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad