Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020

So wait…coaching staff think their team is better off with Arseneau and Abate in the line up over Kuntar? Fawk…I need to pick another sport!
And yesterday, I thought Providence had retired Brazeau’s number, #15 had to have logged 25 mins - thought entire team was wearing his jersey he played so much!
Good win today from the boys, but FML I’m in a twilight zone!

Reactions: bruinsfan1968

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
So wait…coaching staff think their team is better off with Arseneau and Abate in the line up over Kuntar? Fawk…I need to pick another sport!
And yesterday, I thought Providence had retired Brazeau’s number, #15 had to have logged 25 mins - thought entire team was wearing his jersey he played so much!
Good win today from the boys, but FML I’m in a twilight zone!
Haven't watched many Providence games this year but looking at stats it seems Arsenault and Abate are scoring at about the same goal rate as Kuntar. I agree Kuntar should be in every night to develop as he has more of a future with Boston than two players on AHL contracts but Arsenault brings needed organization wide toughness.

Looking at last nights line up I would have sat McLaughlin or Brown and dressed Kuntar.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Haven't watched many Providence games this year but looking at stats it seems Arsenault and Abate are scoring at about the same goal rate as Kuntar. I agree Kuntar should be in every night to develop as he has more of a future with Boston than two players on AHL contracts but Arsenault brings needed organization wide toughness.

Looking at last nights line up I would have sat McLaughlin or Brown and dressed Kuntar.

Do we know Kuntar was a healthy scratch? could be dinged up.

Seems the team has been playing rather well with Brown in the lineup.

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020

McLaughlin will never sit a shift let alone a game. He must have something on the coaches lol!
Kuntar brings a lot more to a game than just points. He often tip toes the line of being a sheer Kenny Linsman rat and I love watching him as long as he’s not ending up in the box. Abate for whatever reason just bugs me, maybe it is solely bc I don’t like seeing AHL contracts playing over NHL contracts…my own hang-up.
Nice to see Harrison starting to heat up a little…and love to see Dick heating up - 14G in 3 less games that Merk.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I’m assuming Kuntar getting a game off is just for rest, he’s done the same thing with other rookies in Brunet and Harrison as well.

They can afford to do it with the zillion vets they have on roster.

Arseneau shoild use that much needed organization wide toughness and stick up for the 5-11 176lbs 1st round pick getting beat up while laying on the ice. Guy is pretty much useless if you ask me, it took him an extra game but at least Abate eventually got even.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I’m assuming Kuntar getting a game off is just for rest, he’s done the same thing with other rookies in Brunet and Harrison as well.

Arseneau shoild use that much needed organization wide toughness and stick up for the 5-11 176lbs 1st round pick getting beat up while laying on the ice. Guy is pretty much useless if you ask me, it took him an extra game but at least Abate eventually got even.

Nice fight

Reactions: Blade of Schmautz

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020

I highly doubt a 22 yr old rookie is being sat to “rest.” Wouldn’t that be a move for one of the Wiley vets? Anyone sitting is being scratched as the coaching staff have clearly illustrated they do not sit anyone beyond 4-5 players regardless of performance and team outcome. #coachingatitsfinest

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I highly doubt a 22 yr old rookie is being sat to “rest.” Wouldn’t that be a move for one of the Wiley vets? Anyone sitting is being scratched as the coaching staff have clearly illustrated they do not sit anyone beyond 4-5 players regardless of performance and team outcome. #coachingatitsfinest
These guys haven’t played a season anywhere near as long as the AHL one, Kuntar is used to 30 games a year. He played 61 in the USHL but that was 6 years ago, a breather doesn’t hurt here and there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany