Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XI - Providence Bruins to play abbreviated season in Massachusetts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
the providence bruins #1 objective is to win. Developing players is the byproduct of playing the games. If they aren’t good enough to play they shouldn’t. A deep playoff run or building a winning culture is much more important to the actual top prospects like studnicka and lauko and Frederic than it is to lose and play fringe prospects like shen

Not sure about this to be honest. The AHL is a developmental league, thus the veteran rule, for example. If the object was solely to win, then why have that at all? And of course there are a bunch of crappy AHL teams that still manage to develop prospects for the NHL. Shen might be a fringe prospect right now, but who knows what he will become? As opposed to Fitz who is a fringe prospect for sure and is not likely to play a single game in Boston. Anyway, I do get the point of this, but I don't like it.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Not sure about this to be honest. The AHL is a developmental league, thus the veteran rule, for example. If the object was solely to win, then why have that at all? And of course there are a bunch of crappy AHL teams that still manage to develop prospects for the NHL. Shen might be a fringe prospect right now, but who knows what he will become? As opposed to Fitz who is a fringe prospect for sure and is not likely to play a single game in Boston. Anyway, I do get the point of this, but I don't like it.

Shen gets way more ice time and a bigger role than he would get in Providence, I don’t see an issue at all. Providence is loaded

Tbh he probably has the same chance of being in the league as Fitzgerald does

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Winner of 11 straight your Providence Bruins takes on a wounded Hartford team tonight
No idea who's in goal
No idea of the lines
Doesn't matter
First place on the line

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Vladar in net
Appears to be the same lineup as Sunday
Breen and Ritchie still hurt
Sherman, Koppanen and Lantosi scratched
Shen sent to Atlanta
Game on!

MillerTime86

Nov 30, 2018
Just announced that the Dunkin Donuts Center will be postponing all scheduled events for the next 2 weeks.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Brave shot block by Senyshyn with seconds left in the period, he limps off the dressing room at the buzzer

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
After 1
Bruins up 1-0
Concerned for Studnicka, didn't look good
Providence had some decent chances,need to bury a few more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad