Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XI - Providence Bruins to play abbreviated season in Massachusetts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I don’t they could suspend regular season, and hope to get the playoffs in at a later date like later in May.But not very optimistic ,oh well we will have another Presidents Trophy. Yeah! Yeah :ha:

Reactions: bbfan419

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Sucks but that's life. It'd be selfish to demand the players to play for our benefit, despite the travel risks and everything, right? I dunno...

On the other hand I can't wait to see guys like Studnicka in preseason next year! I hope the kid's ok

SportsLit

Mar 12, 2020
IMG_6985.jpg

continue​

SportsLit

Mar 12, 2020
Hi All,
I haven't used a forum before so let me know if this is the right way to make a post. With that said, I co-host the podcast SportsLit based out of Toronto where we interview athletes and authors regarding sports books. Recently had Woonsocket's Bryan Berard (current Providence resident) on the show to talk about his memoir titled Relentless - My Life in Hockey and the Power of Perseverance. I have pasted some links below as I figure it might be of interest to hockey fans in New England.

Thanks.

(iTunes)
‎SportsLit: SportsLit (Season 4, Episode 2) - Bryan Berard - My Life in Hockey and the Power of Perseverance on Apple Podcasts

(Spotify)

SportsLit (Season 4, Episode 2) - Bryan Berard - My Life in Hockey and the Power of Perseverance - SportsLit

(Google Play)

SportsLit (Season 4, Episode 2) - Bryan Berard - My Life in Hockey and the Power of Perseverance - SportsLit

(Stitcher)

SportsLit (Season 4, Episode 2) - Bryan Berard - My Life in Hockey and the Power of Perseverance from SportsLit

(Soundcloud)

Reactions: BruinsNetwork

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
What will Providence Bruins look like in the fall? They have 2 goalkeepers, 5 defensemen and 10 forwards signed thru next season. Some will get qualifying offers, some won't.

Goal

Jeremy Swayman 22
Kyle Keyser 21

Defensemen
Urho Vaakanainen 21
Josh Didier 28 AHL-contract 21-22
Steve Kampfer 32
Cooper Zech 22 AHL-contract 20-21
Nick Wolff 24

Forwards
Jack Studnicka 21
Trent Frederic 22
Jakub Lauko 20
Oskar Steen 22
Cameron Hughes 24
Pavel Shen 22
Joona Koppanen 22
Paul Carey 32
Brendan Woods 28 AHL-contract 20-21
Sam Asselin 22 AHL-contract 20-21

RFA's who should get qualifying offer
Daniel Vladar 23
Jakub Zboril 23
Wiley Sherman 25
Zach Senyshyn 23
Karson Kuhlman 25
Robert Lantosi 25

Questionable RFA's to get qualifying offer
Brendan Gaunce 26
Peter Cehlarik 25
Ryan Fitzgerald 26
UFA's
Alex Petrovic 28
Max Lagace 27
Tom Marchin 25
Scott Conway 25
Chris Breen 25

PBruins could use another defenseman, preferably a right shot defender to replace Petrovic. If Sherman isn't qualified I guess they need another defensemen cause I don't think Zboril and Vaakanainen will be back. One perhaps but not both. Don't think Zboril will pass waivers but I could of course be wrong.
Among forwards Senyshyn and Kuhlman are guaranteed qualifying offers. Maybe Gaunce, Cehlarik and Lantosi to but not all that certain.
Vladar of course will be qualified and it's his job to lose unless he's in Boston but I don't think so. Swayman will be challenging him and I hope Kyle Keyser will be back for a full season whether it's in Providence or in ECHL.

I had hoped they would add a couple of forwards from college free agency. May have to wait on that but surely one or two should get signed.
They probably won't be the top free agents but could help PBruins depth.

Reactions: Alan Ryan

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
What will Providence Bruins look like in the fall? They have 2 goalkeepers, 5 defensemen and 10 forwards signed thru next season. Some will get qualifying offers, some won't.

Goal

Jeremy Swayman 22
Kyle Keyser 21

Defensemen
Urho Vaakanainen 21
Josh Didier 28 AHL-contract 21-22
Steve Kampfer 32
Cooper Zech 22 AHL-contract 20-21
Nick Wolff 24

Forwards
Jack Studnicka 21
Trent Frederic 22
Jakub Lauko 20
Oskar Steen 22
Cameron Hughes 24
Pavel Shen 22
Joona Koppanen 22
Paul Carey 32
Brendan Woods 28 AHL-contract 20-21
Sam Asselin 22 AHL-contract 20-21

RFA's who should get qualifying offer
Daniel Vladar 23
Jakub Zboril 23
Wiley Sherman 25
Zach Senyshyn 23
Karson Kuhlman 25
Robert Lantosi 25

Questionable RFA's to get qualifying offer
Brendan Gaunce 26
Peter Cehlarik 25
Ryan Fitzgerald 26
UFA's
Alex Petrovic 28
Max Lagace 27
Tom Marchin 25
Scott Conway 25
Chris Breen 25

PBruins could use another defenseman, preferably a right shot defender to replace Petrovic. If Sherman isn't qualified I guess they need another defensemen cause I don't think Zboril and Vaakanainen will be back. One perhaps but not both. Don't think Zboril will pass waivers but I could of course be wrong.
Among forwards Senyshyn and Kuhlman are guaranteed qualifying offers. Maybe Gaunce, Cehlarik and Lantosi to but not all that certain.
Vladar of course will be qualified and it's his job to lose unless he's in Boston but I don't think so. Swayman will be challenging him and I hope Kyle Keyser will be back for a full season whether it's in Providence or in ECHL.

I had hoped they would add a couple of forwards from college free agency. May have to wait on that but surely one or two should get signed.
They probably won't be the top free agents but could help PBruins depth.

Think Jauko and Uro will be in boston

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad