Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XI - Providence Bruins to play abbreviated season in Massachusetts

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
But Halak's contract is finished after this season. Extend the 35 yr. old, or have Vlady be backup for less cap hit?

Also with Rask's contract up next season they desperately need to know whether Vladar is an option for 21/22 or not. Halak has been great in his time, but I do think next year is time for him to move on, and Vladar to get his chance

Reactions: bbfan419

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Daniel Vladar has played 67 AHL games over four seasons. His performance in those games is almost a 50/50 split between brilliant and crap.

A team like the Boston Bruins will never go into a season reserving a roster spot for a player based on ~33 brilliant AHL games. Vladar has taken an enormous step in Providence this season. He's eliminated his prior inconsistency, but he's done that over a small sample of games. He needs to return to Providence next fall and consolidate his game's maturation while taking on a professional starting goalie's workload.

If he's successful doing that, then he's someone you can start to make summer plans with.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Bruins played a smart game yesterday, but they really need to figure out the power play. They should have buried Hershey in the second with all those man advantages (oh and a 2 minute 5 on 3). A missed chance at first place against the team that currently holds it.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site

Shen sent down to Atlanta. Does anyone know if he speaks English, i though i remember there being some talk either when he was drafted or over this summer that he did not. Probably a good thing to be with another Russian speaking player.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Shen sent down to Atlanta. Does anyone know if he speaks English, i though i remember there being some talk either when he was drafted or over this summer that he did not. Probably a good thing to be with another Russian speaking player.

I just don't care for this. Team has been on a roll sure, but surely the point is not to win, but to develop players. Better for the P Bruins to suck in the standings and have guys they signed to contracts get AHL playing time than try to win trophies and send players to the ECHL which, outside of goalies, is pretty much a waste of time for players with potential.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I just don't care for this. Team has been on a roll sure, but surely the point is not to win, but to develop players. Better for the P Bruins to suck in the standings and have guys they signed to contracts get AHL playing time than try to win trophies and send players to the ECHL which, outside of goalies, is pretty much a waste of time for players with potential.[/QUOTE
Its a 2 way street,development and winning, have to keep the Owner happy too with the bottom line
Shen will get big minutes in all situations in Atlanta, had he stayed in Providence not sure who I'm removing from the lineup, team is on a roll,freaking Lantosi sat last 2 games,it's brutal

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Fair Enough- I get it from a practical standpoint, but I still don't like it. Don't like benching Lantosi either. Someone like Fitz is never cracking the Bruins lineup, Carey should never be up again, either. I'd rather sit them and play the young guys. But again, I get it, there is a bottom line for the owners (isn't there always?) and true, a winning culture is its own reward.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I just don't care for this. Team has been on a roll sure, but surely the point is not to win, but to develop players. Better for the P Bruins to suck in the standings and have guys they signed to contracts get AHL playing time than try to win trophies and send players to the ECHL which, outside of goalies, is pretty much a waste of time for players with potential.

the providence bruins #1 objective is to win. Developing players is the byproduct of playing the games. If they aren’t good enough to play they shouldn’t. A deep playoff run or building a winning culture is much more important to the actual top prospects like studnicka and lauko and Frederic than it is to lose and play fringe prospects like shen

Reactions: wintersej
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad