Providence Bruins General Discussion thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Frederic's stat line matched his game tonight as did Studnicka's. Both players were excellent. Zboril was steady as was Vaakanainen.

The T-Birds announcer is horrible. He was especially horrid when the 3rd period scrum broke out. Relax, dude.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Frederic's stat line matched his game tonight as did Studnicka's. Both players were excellent. Zboril was steady as was Vaakanainen.

The T-Birds announcer is horrible. He was especially horrid when the 3rd period scrum broke out. Relax, dude.

is frederic back in the middle?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Frederic dominant ,I want more of that consistently
Love the Zech/Kampfer pairing
Steen was noticeable for the first time in a while

Wonder if he got off to that fast start (based on what you and others have said here) and maybe he just hit a bit of a fatigue stage as the style of play and how often they play is a grind? Not making excuses just thinking about possible reasons. How long is the SHL schedule? 40-50 games?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Wonder if he got off to that fast start (based on what you and others have said here) and maybe he just hit a bit of a fatigue stage as the style of play and how often they play is a grind? Not making excuses just thinking about possible reasons. How long is the SHL schedule? 40-50 games?
Very probable it's schedule related

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Very probable it's schedule related

I only mention that as you and @BruinsNetwork seemed to be pretty impressed with him in the early part of the year then it sounded a bit like his play had fallen off quite a bit, just thought maybe he hit that rut that we see from young players often, let alone one`s that don`t come from the background of long road trips and lots of games

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I only mention that as you and @BruinsNetwork seemed to be pretty impressed with him in the early part of the year then it sounded a bit like his play had fallen off quite a bit, just thought maybe he hit that rut that we see from young players often, let alone one`s that don`t come from the background of long road trips and lots of games
In Sweden it's usually 4 practices for every game,in the AHL its almost 1 for 1,best case is 2 game weekend, then 2 practices and 1 skill session, rinse repeat followed by the dreaded 3 games in 3 nights with a Wednesday night game thrown in, young guys like Steen get behind the 8 ball rather quickly

Reactions: Estlin

BruinsNetwork

Frederic was a beast last game. Hope he builds off it.

What a weird situation. Frederic personally claims in a conversation with me last weekend that he feel he can add more offense at left-wing. Last night, Frederic plays center and looks energized with the most offensive prowess I’ve seen from him this year.

I don’t know if he’ll be a center or a winger, but I do know I wouldn’t give up on this prospect as he’s clearly got the skills to go along with his rare physical traits.

BruinsNetwork

Steen? I think he’s just adjusting and we’re seeing a young player struggle to take the next step in some capacity. I’m not saying he won’t get there, because the evidence before this season started is suggesting otherwise, but he’s been disappointing in the last 12-games or so.

It’s a tough adjustment for sure, so I’m not really worried at all. Just think the adjustment, rigorous schedule and ramped up pace/physicality is a lot to take in at once. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him take a turn for the better after the holiday, sometime in mid January.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
What a weird situation. Frederic personally claims in a conversation with me last weekend that he feel he can add more offense at left-wing. Last night, Frederic plays center and looks energized with the most offensive prowess I’ve seen from him this year.

I don’t know if he’ll be a center or a winger, but I do know I wouldn’t give up on this prospect as he’s clearly got the skills to go along with his rare physical traits.

If he plays like that more consistently, he will definitely be an NHLer.

I noticed the skating for the first time as well. I loved his game. He was a legitimate power-forward.

C4R105

Nov 9, 2014
Guys how does Zbořil look this season? Do you expect him on the first team anytime soon? Which part of his game should he improve most?

BruinsNetwork

Guys how does Zbořil look this season? Do you expect him on the first team anytime soon? Which part of his game should he improve most?

Zboril hasn’t been noticeable a lot this season, which is actually a good thing. He’s quietly making plays and his consistency seems to be better. Would love to see him unleashed at the PP1QB. He might just finally be rounding third and sliding into home.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

I wonder if it's as simple as he just believes he has more defensive responsibility at center, which is true, so he can't focus as much on offense. In his mind, he's spending more time thinking about offense when he plays wing, so he thinks that he can add more as a result.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005

Oh the humanity lol

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Shen out
Marchin in
Zech out
Triple P in
Vladar in net
It would appear the Florida bid for Hall fell short...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad