Providence Bruins General Discussion thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
why was he sent to Atlanta? Logjam at the AHL level?
There were 5 players that were sent down that in a normal year would have made the roster in Providence
Asselin
Conway, who's also up
Marchin
Hannoun
And defender Alexi Solovyev
Start of the season there were multiple defenseman and forwards sitting out in Providence ,now its all hands on deck assuming you're healthy enough to get there,next few weeks should be crazy with transactions

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
There were 5 players that were sent down that in a normal year would have made the roster in Providence
Asselin
Conway, who's also up
Marchin
Hannoun
And defender Alexi Solovyev
Start of the season there were multiple defenseman and forwards sitting out in Providence ,now its all hands on deck assuming you're healthy enough to get there,next few weeks should be crazy with transactions
much appreciated, thx

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Will wait for the reviews

Studnicka by all accounts is the real deal - skills translate to top 3 center just where ?

big responsible player who can see the ice and pass

Reactions: bbfan419

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
P Bruins win 4-3 in a shootout.

Cehlarik with 2 assists and 5 shots.
Studnicka with a goal, assist and a goal in the shootout.
Lantosi (playing with Cehlarik) had 7 shots, a goal in regulation and the shootout winner.
Did you go? If so thoughts on Lantosi and Zech

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya

Studnicka by all accounts is the real deal - skills translate to top 3 center just where ?

At 33 and 34, the Bruins will have to move on from one, or both, of Bergeron and Krejci. I said the same thing about Chara, but it is prudent to have a young backup plan. If Studnicka is the real deal, the Bruins have all the pieces for the next generation in my opinion.

Reactions: DKH

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Did you go? If so thoughts on Lantosi and Zech

SE Do you continue to see an engaged Cehlarik?

My take - Something tells me the bruins have shared his path whether that is by trade or fixture on the bruins. All the call ups are an opportunity for each of the forwards to display their best for the bruins/other teams interested in trades.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

i think studnicka could be elite 3C/solid 2C down the line. definitely needs seasoning.
leave him in providence all year like they did with debrusk in his first year. another
summer of good training and let's see where he is in september. a lot to like long term
about him though.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
SE Do you continue to see an engaged Cehlarik?

My take - Something tells me the bruins have shared his path whether that is by trade or fixture on the bruins. All the call ups are an opportunity for each of the forwards to display their best for the bruins/other teams interested in trades.
Haven't watched last nights game yet but so far Cehlarik's playing well,he's doing his part,up to Sweeney now to do his

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Last nights game

Zech, started poorly in his own end but figured it out as the game wore on,is completely dynamic offensively
Asselin,solid ,nice way to kick off his AHL career

Steen is still ghosting,had a nice set up early but faded

Can't say enough good things about Studnicka,does all the little things right however would like him to shoot more

High marks for Hughes game tonight,went right after Sean"exceptional status" Day after boarding Steen

Conway's shorthanded goal finish was gorgeous,he's quickly developed into a Leach favorite

D core had a pretty good night vs a very good team with the exception of the last 2 minutes where they kind of fell to pieces

Choosing Power Play Petrovic to shoot first was a bit optimistic

Shen had a good game and Lantosi continues to impress

#free Gaunce

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Asselin,solid ,nice way to kick off his AHL career

Conway's shorthanded goal finish was gorgeous,he's quickly developed into a Leach favorite

interested to hear more about these guys - i haven't really seen much. is conway in the kuhlman
mold? asselin i've heard more about, and nice to see him bumped up to the A. look forward
to your reviews as always.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Unwatchable feed quality tonight. If I didn't have the season pass I would get a refund for tonight.
Third period was unwatchable. I will say Hartford announcers are a million times better than Providence guy who struggles with basic rules and identifying players.

On a performance level, while there is a desire to say give Studnicka a shot now they need to give him a full year in Providence. At most let him play last game of season as a reward if he continues to improve. He has improved since start of the season to now and hopefully it continues. He looks like a second line center in the making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->