Providence Bruins General Discussion thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsNetwork

Dude impressed me at one of the prospect challenges tourneys. He reminds me of Kuraly.

SE how has Cehlarik played? Hasn't been lighting it up lately? Is he going through the motions or working to improve aspects of his game?

I’m not sure there’s anything else Cehlarik can or will improve upon in the AHL. I think he has to learn and play in the NHL to see if he can stick somewhere, but I don’t think it’s gonna be Boston.

Reactions: bbfan419

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Dude impressed me at one of the prospect challenge tourneys. He reminds me of Kuraly.

SE how has Cehlarik played? Hasn't been lighting it up lately? Is he going through the motions or working to improve aspects of his game?
Last few weeks he's taken a few games off,when he wants to play he's usually one of the better players on the ice

Reactions: Blowfish

BruinsNetwork

You could be right...Anything can happen however he's trade filler now.

I think he’s an NHL’er, but Cassidy doesn’t like him. That’s fine, coaches have preferences and not everyone can play in those settings. I think he’ll stick somewhere around the league, though.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I think their circumstances are different though, wouldn’t you agree? One was in the bottom-six because of his assignment and areas of focus. The other has been in the bottom-six because he’s proven he can’t bring offense elsewhere— hence his 2G in over 40GP last year.

I think he’s still got potential to be a bottom-six defensive forward, but I’m not high on him anymore. His offense has never really been there, aside from WJC where that was probably due to his size and professional experience. Maybe he’s finding another gear? Not sure about it, but I wouldn’t hate to be wrong.
I think we're seeing why Boston signed him so early, would you agree he's the most improved player from last year?

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Koppanen got some nice reviews after he was first drafted when he attended the summer rookie camp. That was drills, of course, and I don't remember him flashing during the scrimmages. Then he got shipped off to wherever, followed by exile in SC, so I figured he was the forward version of Ryan Button, who people would tout the first day of any camp only to have him get the Houdini treatment once actual hockey was on the menu.

I haven't seen him since he got recalled to Providence, but it's sure as can be a great sign that he's not going to be a complete flop. Who knows, he adds a bit more finish/skill, he's tall enough to pass for Martin Hanzal.

I'm just waiting for someone to explain how Big Sherm has somehow pulled the reverse O'Gara, with his play and productivity hibernating until he hit his mid-20s.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
So did the Bruins officially write Vladar off? Only 4 games played, while Legace, a likely career AHLer, keeps on pilling the starts. Always thought highly of Vladar, surprised he isn't the Providence starter by now.
Also, how is the ice time distributed throughout the lineup? Zboril only on the 3rd pairing, despite there being reports of him being the best or one of the best defensemen down there (not to mention his draft pedigree.) Same goes for Lauko, 4th line minutes are not the way to go with a teenager. Unless of course the line-ups are just paper stuff and all the players get plenty of ice time.

As you can tell I am not watching the AHL at all, so I would appreciate any feedback.
I'm going to assume that you didn't take my advice and start from page 1 so I'll fill in the blanks
Vladar just came back from injury, thus the reason his starts are low,he should start tonight and his first game back last weekend he was outstanding, I'm optimistic

Zboril was the most consistent defenseman prior to the Vaakanainen callup, however since his return Vaakanainen has passed Zboril, I still rank Z slightly higher than Lauzon ,of late Z has had good PP time along with the usual PK time,he just needs an opportunity elsewhere

Lauko, If memory serves me correctly you're not a fan of his,correct?
Not sure the reason why as he checks alot of boxes for me,speed,grit,developing hands,stronger than advertised hockey IQ and reliability he's got some Marchand, Sobotka and if you're old enough to remember Nevin Markwart in him.
Really good prospect, he's a keeper

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Not sure the reason why as he checks alot of boxes for me,speed,grit,developing hands,stronger than advertised hockey IQ and reliability he's got some Marchand, Sobotka and if you're old enough to remember Nevin Markwart in him.

lauko is in my personal do-not-trade category. although sweeney doesn't usually deal any of
his binkies so i'm not too concerned. cehlarik may still be in boston in 2031.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
How are you guys liking Lantosi? Odds of him getting a 2way contract after this season?
I like him
Has some holes in his game but otherwise has been surprisingly good
Hard to say how it plays out contractually until we see how he does in the playoffs
Also possible he takes his talents to the KHL

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
I'm going to assume that you didn't take my advice and start from page 1 so I'll fill in the blanks
Vladar just came back from injury, thus the reason his starts are low,he should start tonight and his first game back last weekend he was outstanding, I'm optimistic

Zboril was the most consistent defenseman prior to the Vaakanainen callup, however since his return Vaakanainen has passed Zboril, I still rank Z slightly higher than Lauzon ,of late Z has had good PP time along with the usual PK time,he just needs an opportunity elsewhere

I did read most of this thread, however I didn't find anything regarding Vladar so thanks for that, had no idea he was injured.
Regarding Lauko, if projecting him as a good 3rd liner makes me not a fan, then so be it. I don't get to watch the AHL as I said in my previous post, so I am just going off the international games Lauko took part in. He has excellent straight forward speed, good shot and doesn't mind getting physical, however I don't ever see him as a top 6 player in the NHL, which is what many on this board are projecting him at. At the WJC he will get plenty of ice time and will be expected to be an offensive leader (along with Arizona's pick Jan Jenik, who is torching the OHL) so maybe he can change my mind there. But until then, I consider Lauko a relatively safe B-level prospect; which is about what you expect from a 2nd/3rd rounder.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I did read most of this thread, however I didn't find anything regarding Vladar so thanks for that, had no idea he was injured.
Regarding Lauko, if projecting him as a good 3rd liner makes me not a fan, then so be it. I don't get to watch the AHL as I said in my previous post, so I am just going off the international games Lauko took part in. He has excellent straight forward speed, good shot and doesn't mind getting physical, however I don't ever see him as a top 6 player in the NHL, which is what many on this board are projecting him at. At the WJC he will get plenty of ice time and will be expected to be an offensive leader (along with Arizona's pick Jan Jenik, who is torching the OHL) so maybe he can change my mind there. But until then, I consider Lauko a relatively safe B-level prospect; which is about what you expect from a 2nd/3rd rounder.
He's 19,right now he's a safe 3rd liner,sky's the limit going forward

Reactions: bbfan419 and Wooren

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
Werid injury to Lauko. Made a hit, seem to get hit in the face area, puts his glove up to his face then just collapses to the ice a couple seconds later. Stretchered off.

Frederic follows a few minutes later with a ridiculously selfish roughing/board penalty.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Haven't seen any confirmation on this but if he wasn't transported shame on the medical staff
I get a general sense the Beings don't take concussions seriously enough. If I remember correctly both McAvoy and Debrusk finished games and then missed time afterwards. People over wins. These players should be protected as much as possible.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think we’re getting way ahead of ourselves, we don’t know what happened. He would have been transported if it was serious

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
lauko is in my personal do-not-trade category. although sweeney doesn't usually deal any of
his binkies so i'm not too concerned. cehlarik may still be in boston in 2031.
If the Rangers specifically ask for him in the soon to be Kreider discussion what does Sweeney tell Gorton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad