Providence Bruins General Discussion thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
i'm with you danny boy. NFW i trade vaak or studnicka (or beecher).
bruins have enough assets to figure out a RW upgrade without moving
guys who will be key roster pieces for 10 years.

lauzon or zboril goes. donny loves trading picks, too.
Exactly for me Vaak, Beecher, Studnicka and to a lesser degree Lauko are off limits right now, we have other prospects like: Frederic, Cehlarik, JFK, Lauzon, Zboril, Senyshen, Steen and Shen that can be packaged in deals, also I would deal Grizz for help at top 6 F before I trade our best prospects.

Reactions: Strafer

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
The thing about Hall is...it's like a 50/50 shot he has a major injury between now and the playoffs.

Also, the Bruins don't NEED another #1LW to compete.

They NEED a competitive, reliable #2RW...or at least a right-shot C with versatility.

Save your assets on Hall.

Spend less on a RW or a Righ handed C who can play wing.

Here are some options that could be had for less.

JG Pageau (UFA - $3.1M) imagine him with Bergeron and Marchand.
Mikael Granlund (1UFA - $5.75M)
Craig Smith (1UFA - $4.25M)
Kyle Palmieri (2UFA - $$4.65M)
Josh Andersen (1RFA -$1.85M)
Brandon Saad (2UFA - $6m)
Agree would rather add a couple good players Palmieri, Tuch?, Anderson, Pageau, Lindholm? If we could get 2 guys from this I would much rather that to Hall.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Loss
Better team won
Still 4 out of 6 points
Game Wednesday vs Syracuse at home
Now we wait on info for Lauko and see if Kampfer clears

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
After 2
Hartford 3
Providence 1

Effort is there,Hartford keeps punishing our mistakes
Points haven't been there but Hughes playing well
Points haven't been there but Steen isn't playing well
Looking forward to adding Blidh Senyshyn and possibly Kuhlman to the lineup

Steen is somewhat surprising. I wasn't all that impressed with him during prospects game.

Is it a matter of playing it safe knowing his future isn't 2020 but most likely 2021 2022?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Steen is somewhat surprising. I wasn't all that impressed with him during prospects game.

Is it a matter of playing it safe knowing his future isn't 2020 but most likely 2021 2022?
He had a good camp but the sugar high has worn off,he's not consistent enough night after night,season is a grind and I need to see more from him

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
He had a good camp but the sugar high has worn off,he's not consistent enough night after night,season is a grind and I need to see more from him
Think a big part is North America schedule vs European schedule, not playing anywhere near as aggressive as in pre season. It will probably take a couple seasons for Steen to get used to schedule and a more physical game.

BruinsNetwork

So, Kampfer to join P-Bruins after clearing

I think that’s a good thing for the forwards and the left-shot D in Providence, depending on who sits. Kampfer should be a high-level player for that league and I think they could all benefit from that, to be honest. That group down there could use a bit of energy, that’s for sure.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I think that’s a good thing for the forwards and the left-shot D in Providence, depending on who sits. Kampfer should be a high-level player for that league and I think they could all benefit from that, to be honest. That group down there could use a bit of energy, that’s for sure.

A very good veteran add on the back end.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
So how many vets do they have over the 260 games played rule. Gaunce, Petrovic. Kampfer, Carey, Didier and Breen. That's it isn't it. If so they should be fine with the veteran rule even when everybody is healthy. If they stay healthy they should be a very good team going forward

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Kampfer came through for the team last season when it had several injuries on D. He played well when called upon this year. Nice to know he's available again.

Reactions: CDJ

BruinsNetwork

What's the team going to look like up front once Senyshyn is returned and then one of Kuhlman/Lindholm/Ritchie are sent down? (after Kuhlman is cleared of course)

Frederic-Gaunce-Senyshyn could be a lot of fun if the opportunity presents itself. Although, I always liked Cehlarik-whichever center here-Senyshyn on the few occasions we’ve seen them together.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
What do you mean, something ain't right?

Thought he would be a mainstay based on the following...

keyser nips zach for #8. roman bychkov added to next round.

HF Bruins Top 25 Prospects:

1) Urho Vaakanainen - D (58.5%)
2) Jack Studnicka - C (79.4%)
3) John Beecher - C (42.7%)
4) Jeremy Lauzon - D (29.8%)
5) Jakub Lauko - W (32.2%)
6) Oskar Steen - W (39.3%)
7) Trent Frederic - C (37.5%)
8) Kyle Keyser - G (29.4%)

Reactions: Ratty
Status
Not open for further replies.