General Discussion (Team/Player/Trade Rumors/Speculation/News), Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I thought the whole point of getting rid of Tallinder was for Larsson or Fayne to start every game?

No apparently it was so we could ice Peter ****ing Harrold every single game. He's such a gamebreaker with upside, ya know?

There is no logic anymore to the decisions being made. None. Zero.

God I want someone to come in and just LAY DOWN THE ****ING LAW on Lou and Peter.

SansaStark

Apr 11, 2013
I honestly cannot remember the last time I've seen an organization completely ruin a young player, in any sport, like what these jabroni's are doing with Larsson. Greg Schiano vs. Josh Freeman might be the closest thing I can think of. Its totally indefensible what Deboer and Stevens are doing and yes I'm starting think Stevens probably has more input than he should. The disgusting thing about it is there doing the SAME thing with Fayne as well. Thats TWO young D-Men that this ****** is now responsible for stunting there development. That alone is a fireable offense.

except freeman had the one really good year - larsson hasn't had a comparable season like that yet. plus freeman wasn't expected to be the Nik Lidstrom equivalent of a QB. Larsson was touted like the 2nd coming. I'd like to see some footage of Lidstrom in his early rookie days and see what it looks like.

like everyone says its too early to say w/larsson but you would have thought we would have seen some more flashes by now.
Shoot I saw arguably more flashes from Gelinas this preseason than I've seen from Larsson since ??? maybe....big maybe ...his rookie year.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
No apparently it was so we could ice Peter ****ing Harrold every single game. He's such a gamebreaker with upside, ya know?

There is no logic anymore to the decisions being made. None. Zero.

God I want someone to come in and just LAY DOWN THE ****ING LAW on Lou and Peter.

This team could really use a John Madden. A leader who will start chucking pucks at Pete. Or a Holik. Who would tell TG what he truly thinks.

Such a boring team in every aspect. At least give me some idea that you care please. Any of you,

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
except freeman had the one really good year - larsson hasn't had a comparable season like that yet. plus freeman wasn't expected to be the Nik Lidstrom equivalent of a QB. Larsson was touted like the 2nd coming. I'd like to see some footage of Lidstrom in his early rookie days and see what it looks like.

like everyone says its too early to say w/larsson but you would have thought we would have seen some more flashes by now.
Shoot I saw arguably more flashes from Gelinas this preseason than I've seen from Larsson since ??? maybe....big maybe ...his rookie year.

If Gelinas was here Pete wouldn't play him. And when he DID play he's be so nervous and rusty he'd look like dog poop.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
"You feel if you make a mistake you can make up for it on the next shift.

With Pete, it's one mistake and you're like shaking for the rest of the game." - Kulikov

Can I please get a link to that. I want to send it to TG in an email. I want to do his job for him.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL

Its the principle of the thing. He absolutely should not be sitting. Hes not going to learn from his mistakes by eating pizza in the player suits. He needs to play every night no matter what unless he gets hurt. Larsson is too important to this organization to screw around with, mentally like this.
This team could really use a John Madden. A leader who will start chucking pucks at Pete. Or a Holik. Who would tell TG what he truly thinks.

Such a boring team in every aspect. At least give me some idea that you care please. Any of you,
This is why I think we may have exceeded our veterans quota. I obviously don't know what goes on behind closed doors but I have a hard time believing that a lot of these guys, who are 33+, have a burning pit in there stomach after these losses. Elias might be the exception. This is why it would be great if we had some young blood in the lineup who HATES to lose and will go through a brick wall to win something. I think there might be too much complacency going on because these guys have been through the wars so much and have already won rings.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Can I please get a link to that. I want to send it to TG in an email. I want to do his job for him.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2011/11/some_panthers_have_score_to_se.html

Repik also has some similar words, in that article. I really hate to see Larsson being developed improperly but there's not much we can do. When he just came here, sure he made his share fair of rookie mistakes but he played more of his game and looked really promising. Now he looks afraid to do anything out there, and with these quotes I can understand why.

SansaStark

Apr 11, 2013
If Gelinas was here Pete wouldn't play him. And when he DID play he's be so nervous and rusty he'd look like dog poop.

very true.

I agree with those saying lets just keep losing so everything gets blown up. its the only way i can see thats going to get this team moving in the right direction.
except we have no ****ing 1st round pick. so its going to take atleast 2 seasons most likely 3-4 because of all the wholes.

we are all ****ed as fans. completely ****ed.

edit: let me also add that I thought teddy was a bright spot last night. and no way he should be benched for olez or gio. he has creativity with the puck that barely anyone has. i'd thought for a milisecond i saw it from lokti but lord knows i was probably hallucinating.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Posting from my phone so I can't link it but tg responded to our questions by saying larssson was not officially ruled out yet

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Posting from my phone so I can't link it but tg responded to our questions by saying larssson was not officially ruled out yet

Well I hope tomorrow when Larsson is officially ruled out he asks why.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 10m
For those asking why DeBoer wasn't asked why Larsson isn't playing tomorrow, answer is simple: He never said Larsson isn't playing tomorrow.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 10m
I found out Fayne and Josefson are playing Saturday by asking them after they came off ice and after the coach talked.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Ahh. Reporters should do a better job of communicating where they get their info from. Good to know Tom will listen at least. Keep pressing him to ask tough questions and we might get good answers.

I feel like "Hey, Lou, are you at all concerned that your coach has had a history of poor player development and it might be hurting the development of 3 of your first round picks, Henrique, Lokti, and Fayne?

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Just got my tickets for a road trip up to Boston next weekend.. It'll be interesting to see if the Devils beat my last away game when they lost 5-1 to Pittsburgh

azupe3ej.jpg

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I really don't wanna be the one to start this, or blow this out of proportion. If Larsson did depart for Europe next year though, it wouldn't be a complete curve ball to me. Dumbeor has been dicking him around for 3 years now. He probably deserved it the first time, but not really for the last 2 years.

Now I blame the 8 D man rotation last year more on Pete than I do Lou. Pete is running it the same way this year with only 7. Only last year guys like Volchenkov and Tallinder actually were scratched. Not this year though.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Non of the panthers players really liked Deboer.
Those comments are make him look awful.

Garbage coach. I was never convinced he was a good coach. Didn't like the hire to begin with. I think he rode off of Kovalchuk, Parise, and a throwback Marty for the playoff run. Not to mention Oates and Robinson. He's looked like a novice ever since they left.

To be fair though, his system worked well in 11-12. It doesn't anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad