General Discussion (Team/Player/Trade Rumors/Speculation/News), Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

That's also a possibilty.

I wonder who will replace him, though?

Chris? Marty?

Burke? :laugh:

I would've loved Brian Burke but with him joining the Flames and all, I don't see him bolting a year later but stranger things have happend.

One thing is for certain, he'd get **** done and fast. One thing I like about him is that he has a specific plan and goes all out to make it happen.

The last thing we'll hear from Burke is "status quo", that's for sure :laugh:

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
Burke would trade away every first round pick each year. That won't go over well with this fanbase eventhough the first rounders drafted lately haven't amounted to much anyways.

He'd also be more grumpy than Sutter and Langenbrunner combined.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Burke would trade away every first round pick each year. That won't go over well with this fanbase eventhough the first rounders drafted lately haven't amounted to much anyways.

He'd also be more grumpy than Sutter and Langenbrunner combined.

Draft picks are nothing more then wildcards. When is the last time one of our 1st round picks actually did anything special over the past decade and when you have a coach that isn't playing rookies, what's the point of keeping our picks if they aren't molded properly to begin with?

We have this 20 year old d-man who everyone was raving about 2 to 3 years ago and his lurning curve has actually went south because of our bench boss and that's something Lou should worry about. We have a possible gem on our hands and we're treating him like he's a unsigned player coming over from the German elite league.

Burke would be the total opposite of what Lou is but it doesn't mean it would be for the worst. I like having someone who isn't afraid to take the bull by the horns and that's exactly what Burke would do.

Enough of this status quo BS and let's fix the crap that's broken, period.

slammer

Oct 28, 2010
Hessen
so, in the GM Mode @ NHL14 i did a trade:

Volchenkov
AHL Prospect (not one of the "soon to be NHL"-Rookies)
2nd Round Pick 2014

for

Heatley

any chance this could happen? I would like it a lot to get Heatley!!!

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Heatley is UFA after this season and only makes $5 million in real dollars this year.

I'd do it simply for that.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Heatley is UFA after this season and only makes $5 million in real dollars this year.

I'd do it simply for that.

So basically giving away a 2nd rnd and a prospect to unload Volch's contract? I know about the uncertainty of draft picks, but given the recent and continued lack of picks I'd not do this. Much prefer just buying volch out in offseason.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
So basically giving away a 2nd rnd and a prospect to unload Volch's contract? I know about the uncertainty of draft picks, but given the recent and continued lack of picks I'd not do this. Much prefer just buying volch out in offseason.

sorry, I missed the 2nd round pick part of it. that would be tough to swallow especially if nothing happens with the 1st.

slammer

Oct 28, 2010
Hessen
Didn't watch him lately, but always liked his playing style and he has a great shot. besides, he is partly german.
sucks to hear he's getting slow :shakehead

MartysBetterThanYou

Jan 15, 2013
New Jersey
It just occurred to me: Is Ilya Kovalchuk to us what Mark Messier was to the Canucks?

He caused a lot of disruption and upheaval in order to get here

Indirectly caused our captain and heart-and-soul of the team to leave

And ultimately did not do much for us while he was here.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
It just occurred to me: Is Ilya Kovalchuk to us what Mark Messier was to the Canucks?

couldn't agree more. the whole team went backwards, outside of the fluke run to the finals.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

how long after he left the canucks fan base talk about messier's exit? if there are indeed parallels, i would hope it died down quickly

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
Another new mask for Schneider

1385749_10151939919509819_1605736202_n.jpg

"The Art of NJD - The Saga Continues"

Cory Schneider, New Jersey Devils, NHL, 2013

Schneider´s mask saga continues

"The Art of NJD - The Saga Continues" is the name of Cory #Schneider ´s next #NHL mask for the #NewJersey #Devils. The design is a direct continuation of Cory´s previous mask that made such huge success. It was so exciting to create it. I love to always try to think outside the box and come up with new and unique design ideas, never stand still.

This design is built with the same elements as Cory´s last mask, and we just changed some fundamental coloring. Every mask I create is 100% unique, I never do copies of my own work.

Me and Cory brainstormed a lot during summer, we wanted to create something new, a totally new style with the NJD artworks. This design series crystallized in front of our eyes, Schneider´s totally unique mask look was here.

Our plan was a design that works in all angles, and a so called 2 in 1 design, a design that works both on a distance in the arenas, and close up in the TV cameras. At a first glimpse it´s an old school design, and when you come closer and closer a new dimension opens up and the design transforms into a new design in front of your eyes.

As usual it is loaded with all the #DAVEART trademark effects, such as #3DPaintTech, #MetallicFX, #HolographixFX, #NanoDetailPaintTech, just to name a few

Love to be your painter Cory

Much more to come…

Thank you all for your interest in my paintings.

Iceman78

Jan 6, 2006
Bayonne, NJ
I know I'll take plenty of flak for this, but the Devils' struggles early this season are primarily on Lou. He easily and legally could have blocked Ilya Kovalchuk from returning to the KHL, but chose to be a nice guy instead. There was a time when Lou was a coldly calculating hockey mastermind, but I fear that time has passed. I don't know if it's the result of getting older, but perhaps Lou is starting to lose his edge. The results speak for themselves: 1-17 without Kovalchuk since the lockout ended in January.

Now you could say that Kovalchuk would have sulked if forced to stay, but if I recall, we went through a similar situation with Scott Stevens. He eventually would've gotten over it like any other human being in a situation they're not in love with. And we may have been better off for it.

What it comes down to I think is that Lou wasn't crazy about Kovalchuk, despite the evidence being that we are an absurdly better team WITH him than without him. For a GM that always prides himself on doing what's the best for the team, I seriously have to question Lou's decision to let him walk scot-free.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Yotes fan coming in peace. Know it's been a tough season so far for you guys, and hoping the Devils right the ship.

That being said, if the Devils still keep losing, would that make Ryder available (2G and a -5 so far)? He showed good chemistry with Ribeiro in Dallas and we really need to have someone with his finishing ability paired with Ribs in Phoenix. And if Ryder is made available, what would the Devils want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad