General Discussion (Team/Player/Trade Rumors/Speculation/News), Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Pretty excited to see this lineup. If Lokti or Gio sat for Josefson, then I might have to pinch myself, but hey, the young'uns have a chance here to step up.

Let's. Go. Devils.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Looking at the ticketmaster map... tonight is going to be embarrassing attendance-wise.

Last I checked, StubHub was a much better option.. This one is definitely a bit overpriced, but the team's play hasn't really done much to draw fans either.. Their prices at this level would make more sense if we were looking like a solid playoff team right now

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Simple... "we would've lost 8-1 with Harrold".

DeBoers reaction: "would have won 10-0 if Harold was in..."

I dont expect this to be a pretty game. Id just like to see some of these guys get the chances Volchenkov and Harrold have had instead of yanking them after one not so great performance.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Or or you sell high on Zidlicky, sell Volch and give us:

Greene - Fayne
Gelinas - Merrill
Salvador - Larsson

It's a dream I know.

I think Zidlicky could net us at the very least a second round pick the way he's stat padding. You need to sell high on Zidlicky and package him with maybe Teddy and get a first.

yes, this.

the best news in all of this is that, given how pete defended harrold, it seems as though lou has stepped in.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I know our captain is going threw a rough time ATM, but just look how better our blueline looks when we remove one of the two cement skaters from it.

I'd take our captain over #28 every day of the week but still, adding Gélinas + Larsson and removing both Sal and Harrold is already a MASSIVE step in the right direction.

If Goligoski was actually on the market (and for cheap according to sources) and we'd be able to send #28 the other way with a prospect and pick, we'd have a much much much improved blueline...

Greene-Fayne
Goligoski-Larsson
Salvador-Zidlicky
Harrold

Keep in mind I'd send Gélinas back to Albany for the rest of the year and he would automaticly replace the departure of Zidlicky, who we shouldn't resign this summer.

Geez Goligoski is such undersized garbage. Two teams have tried to sell-high on him while they could. Why do we want to bring this in with Merrill and Severson in the pipeline, and why would you want to give away one of really two or three young potential forwards that might actually make this team. Do we need to get back to 8 d-men for some reason?

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Geez Goligoski is such undersized garbage. Two teams have tried to sell-high on him while they could. Why do we want to bring this in with Merrill and Severson in the pipeline, and why would you want to give away one of really two or three young potential forwards that might actually make this team. Do we need to get back to 8 d-men for some reason?

According to you, he might be undersized garbage but guess what, we have oversized garbage as well and I'd rather have a offensive minded blueliner on a offensively brain dead group of #6 then what we currently have.

His contract is for the next 3 years and he'd basically replace Zidlicky, who's a pending UFA next year. In my proposal, we were also flipping #28++ for Goligoski, so that means we can slide in Gélinas in our lineup as a regular next year.

Regarding Merrill and Severson, I think you're reaching here cause I don't see both players being ready to make the jump as a full time player just yet. Merrill will most probably be in the same situation Gélinas is right now and Severson is maybe 2 or 3 years away IMO.

Khione

Swede or Turnip?
Jul 24, 2013
Duna
Please win now when Harrold is out! Please score Larsson, please score Gelinas. Please i beg you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad