#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Anchorman-celebration-gif.gif

about time

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
I know our captain is going threw a rough time ATM, but just look how better our blueline looks when we remove one of the two cement skaters from it.

I'd take our captain over #28 every day of the week but still, adding Gélinas + Larsson and removing both Sal and Harrold is already a MASSIVE step in the right direction.

If Goligoski was actually on the market (and for cheap according to sources) and we'd be able to send #28 the other way with a prospect and pick, we'd have a much much much improved blueline...

Greene-Fayne
Goligoski-Larsson
Salvador-Zidlicky
Harrold

Keep in mind I'd send Gélinas back to Albany for the rest of the year and he would automaticly replace the departure of Zidlicky, who we shouldn't resign this summer.

Or or you sell high on Zidlicky, sell Volch and give us:

Greene - Fayne
Gelinas - Merrill
Salvador - Larsson

It's a dream I know.

I think Zidlicky could net us at the very least a second round pick the way he's stat padding. You need to sell high on Zidlicky and package him with maybe Teddy and get a first.

HischierSeDgewOrk

May 6, 2007
Monmouth County, NJ
Or or you sell high on Zidlicky, sell Volch and give us:

Greene - Fayne
Gelinas - Merrill
Salvador - Larsson

It's a dream I know.

I think Zidlicky could net us at the very least a second round pick the way he's stat padding. You need to sell high on Zidlicky and package him with maybe Teddy and get a first.

And then we can slot Urbom in Salvador's place when he is gone and we have a young mobile d corps.....oh wait.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
And then we can slot Urbom in Salvador's place when he is gone and we have a young mobile d corps.....oh wait.

Or Severson? Losing Urbom for free sucks, but lets not act like we don't have anymore good defensive prospects in the system.

DevilInDisguise

Nov 28, 2009
NJ
may god have mercy on you pete deboer. all we need is to get merril into this lineup. i like the babysteps so far. i'm a big believer in gelinas i hope he doesn't disappoint tonight

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Severson and Merrill should both be legit top 4 guys. If Larsson finds his game we should be set with a dream top 4 of:

Merrill Larsson
Severson Santini

Exactly, the defense on this team moving forward is not something I'm worried about, and if Schneider re-signs then goaltending is looking great as well. It's the forward group in the future that looks scary as all hell

HischierSeDgewOrk

May 6, 2007
Monmouth County, NJ
Exactly, the defense on this team moving forward is not something I'm worried about, and if Schneider re-signs then goaltending is looking great as well. It's the forward group in the future that looks scary as all hell

Definitely. It still bothers me though losing homegrown talent. We know Urbom won't be a top pairing guy but he has the potential to be a 2nd or 3rd pairing dman. I know it's beating a dead horse...just hate losing assets for a journeyman like Harrold.

As far as the forwards, Boucher has to be a legitimate top 6 guy and Matteau a top 9 guy. If not we are in big trouble.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm actually more surprised Lokti is playing than I am Harrold's finally not playing.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
PP should be

Elias - Loktionov - Brunner
Henrique - Zajac - Jagr

Ryder - Greene
Larsson - Gelinas

(I don't think Zajac fits at the point. Let him stand in front of the net. If he can't do it slot Olesz in there)

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Definitely. It still bothers me though losing homegrown talent. We know Urbom won't be a top pairing guy but he has the potential to be a 2nd or 3rd pairing dman. I know it's beating a dead horse...just hate losing assets for a journeyman like Harrold.

As far as the forwards, Boucher has to be a legitimate top 6 guy and Matteau a top 9 guy. If not we are in big trouble.

Yea I definitely agree, losing a young prospect for free hurts, especially over a guy like Harrold. But given Deboer's love for the guy I don't think Harrold would have ever been the guy to be sent down, so it was inevitable, which sucks. If we didn't have as many defense prospects that we do I'd be pissed, but given our glut of wealth in that department, it's a small loss in the grand scheme of things.

Boucher and Matteau need to pan out as expected, or better, or else Lou is going to have to pull some magic to fix this forward group in the future.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
I'm actually more surprised Lokti is playing than I am Harrold's finally not playing.

Baffled really.

Second clue that Lou is running the show. First being the defensive pairings.

Third clue would be what kind of system we go out there and play tonight. If the kids are more care-free and comfortable Lou gave them some job security.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

Harrold got hurt at the end of the last game. Loki is a surprise given the way DeBoer ripped him in the post-game, but there's really not much you can do. Who ya gonna play? Tedenby was awful (again) defensively the other night. YaYo is the only other possible choice.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 52s
DeBoer said Gelinas will get some power play time tonight.

YES YES YES

I kindof suspected that given he's an easy substitution for Harrold given their similar roles. Gelinas should be an upgrade to the point on the Devils powerplay immediately.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Let's hope for some more Gelinas bombs from the point tonight.

EDIT: Apparently Henrique Iglesias and I are thinking on the same page at the same time.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Harrold got hurt at the end of the last game. Loki is a surprise given the way DeBoer ripped him in the post-game, but there's really not much you can do. Who ya gonna play? Tedenby was awful (again) defensively the other night. YaYo is the only other possible choice.

I kindof suspected that given he's an easy substitution for Harrold given their similar roles. Gelinas should be an upgrade to the point on the Devils powerplay immediately.

Well yeah I definitely figured Josefson for Lokti, but maybe Josefson is still in the doghouse based on last year. That said, Lokti is only a first liner the way Matteau was last year, he'll play a couple shifts there and then slot down.

Gelinas I figured would be in the lineup cause Pete needs a lefty to be anal with his d-pairings. Having Gelinas lessens the need for Harrold to be a PPQB2, so voila finally everyone's happy for a night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad