General Discussion (Team/Player/Trade Rumors/Speculation/News), Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karus

Mar 10, 2008
Kolozsvar
What I don't like about this organization for a few years now is that it seems to oppress creativity by all means. Players like Brunner, Loktionov, Josefson, Tedenby are forced to play dump and chase hockey where it is evident that this playing style is not suited for them.

I remember DeBoer saying in his first year that Tedenby and Josefson need to play a North-South type of game in order to be successful. When they actually looked somewhat decent, they were roaming in the offensive zone, creating plays.

I agree that a player has to be good defensively too, but we already have too many Pandolfos on this team.

A good coach doesn't try to force a system on his players, he creates a system that fits the players.

We have a fourth line and a couple of players (Zubrus, Zajac, Henrique) that are suited for his system, but half of the forwards on this team are not.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
I don't know how any of these young guys can succeed when they play 8 minutes a game and get benched constantly. None of the vets ever get benched or called out for their ****** play. Of course you have to produce but any offensive type forward just needs roll and get consistent minutes to get their game going, not rot on the bench and stiffen up and get thrown out 2 or 3 shifts a period. I'm talking about a few games too, not just throw them in for one game and rotate them out, you'll never get your game going that way.

It makes no sense at all especially when you're down 2 goals in the third an you bench 3 skilled players and throw out CBGB every other shift. For this team to go anywhere the young guys need to play, we can't roll 2-1/2 lines every game. Of course they need to step up but it's impossible with such a short leash.

Marty had to join Lou - your avy has never been so, ok almost never so appropriate.

:(

Semak

We have the technology.

:laugh:

Be it Lokti or JJ or whoever you're rooting for, the young ones need to play.

Good coaches learn from their experiences and adjust. Even Jacques in his last stint here adjusted his game and realised that the D needed to be part of the offensive scheme for the team succeed in this NHL. But in his second coaching stint, Pete is still not developing young players like a good coach in the NHL should. That too me is a big red flag with a team that's looking to transition in next few seasons.

It's almost like he tried with Larsson in his first season here, then thought he played him too much and then went back to his old ways.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Apparently, the Stars would be open to move Goligoski and they're looking to add a more reliable defender.

He's basically on the same contract as #28, so maybe a straight up swap with a prospect and a mid round pick would do the trick.

Someone like Goligoski, who isn't the best defender in his own zone, would be the type of d-man we need. His offensive tools are beyond anything our current players can give us and we'd add more speed, mobility, creativity and a legit PP QB.

This is the time to buy low and let's be honest here, the guy can't be any worse then #28. The real problem here would the selling pitch of #28 going the other way and we all know that it would be a uphill battle right there.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Apparently, the Stars would be open to move Goligoski and they're looking to add a more reliable defender.

He's basically on the same contract as #28, so maybe a straight up swap with a prospect and a mid round pick would do the trick.

Someone like Goligoski, who isn't the best defender in his own zone, would be the type of d-man we need. His offensive tools are beyond anything our current players can give us and we'd add more speed, mobility, creativity and a legit PP QB.

This is the time to buy low and let's be honest here, the guy can't be any worse then #28. The real problem here would the selling pitch of #28 going the other way and we all know that it would be a uphill battle right there.

This. Been a Goligoski fan since he started with the Pens. He's a very good PP QB and would help the offense on the blueline big time. Pair him up with Sal and I think it would be good.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I honestly don't care who we get, if we do make a move, as long as we land someone mobile.

We don't have a single blueliner who's able to rush the puck out of our zone with ease if there's no valid options on the breakout. When was the last time we saw one our guys take the puck and just skate it up the ice with the intention of actually creating something in the opposing zone.

Zidlicky does it once in a bluemoon but Goligoski would be 10x better. He's a smooth skater and sees the ice very well. He'd be a breath of fresh air when looking at our slow blueline, that's for certain.

Devilsfanatic0421

"You're next"
Feb 24, 2012
Devs' D pairs: Greene-Fayne; Volchenkov-Zidlicky; Gelinas-Larsson; Harrold.

Volch-Zidlicky is scary, but otherwise...

jonah-hill-shock.gif

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Looks like I called the D right (which I think puts me on the same wavelength as Pete, unless Lou is coaching from afar, which is scary to think I can be that dumb):

Elias - Henrique - Ryder
Zubrus - Zajac - Jagr
Olesz - Loktionov - Brunner
Carter - Josefson - Bernier

Greene - Fayne
Gelinas - Larsson
Volchenkov - Zidlicky

I'm disappointed there's no JaJo. But patience guys. We'll get there.

Semak

I see what you were doing Peter. Harrold was keeping Gélinas seat warm. Silly me. I never doubted you.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Forwards: Patrik Elias-Andrei Loktionov-Jaromir Jagr; Rostislav Olesz-Travis Zajac-Brunner; Dainius Zubrus-Adam Henrique-Michael Ryder; Ryan Carter-Stephen Gionta-Steve Bernier; Extas: Mattias Tedenby, Jacob Josefson.

Defensemen: Andy Greene-Mark Fayne; Anton Volchenkov-Marek Zidlicky; Eric Gelinas-Adam Larsson; Peter Harrold.

Goaltenders: Cory Schneider, Martin Brodeur.

- See more at: http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/...or_todays_morning_skate/#sthash.5wHk82m8.dpuf

Don't like Trav and Brunner together. Would have preferred a Brunner/Jagr swap. But I can live with it given the defense. I'm pumped. I'll be there tonight.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I know our captain is going threw a rough time ATM, but just look how better our blueline looks when we remove one of the two cement skaters from it.

I'd take our captain over #28 every day of the week but still, adding Gélinas + Larsson and removing both Sal and Harrold is already a MASSIVE step in the right direction.

If Goligoski was actually on the market (and for cheap according to sources) and we'd be able to send #28 the other way with a prospect and pick, we'd have a much much much improved blueline...

Greene-Fayne
Goligoski-Larsson
Salvador-Zidlicky
Harrold

Keep in mind I'd send Gélinas back to Albany for the rest of the year and he would automaticly replace the departure of Zidlicky, who we shouldn't resign this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad