General Discussion (Team/Player/Trade Rumors/Speculation/News), Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I doubt they'd trade Ryder since he's on a two-year deal.

Jagr, Zidlicky and Fayne are all FA's, they'd probably be the only ones dealt.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i think we need to keep ryder, beyond his contract even. he's shown that even on this terrible team, in this awful system, he can still produce.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Yotes fan coming in peace. Know it's been a tough season so far for you guys, and hoping the Devils right the ship.

That being said, if the Devils still keep losing, would that make Ryder available (2G and a -5 so far)? He showed good chemistry with Ribeiro in Dallas and we really need to have someone with his finishing ability paired with Ribs in Phoenix. And if Ryder is made available, what would the Devils want?

got any extra 1st round picks laying around?

goalsequalvictory

Apr 28, 2013
Rangers fan here in peace. Any guess on who is starting tomorrow? From my limited searching, I can't tell if there's some sort of order to it or if it's basically a random decision. Thanks!

goalsequalvictory

Apr 28, 2013
You're getting the Cory for sure. It was almost certain unless Marty pitched a shutout or something spectacular. It's been a 1 for 1 rotation looking for a win and after last night it may be play Cory for stability's sake.

Thanks, hope it's an exciting game for both sides sake.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Rangers fan here in peace. Any guess on who is starting tomorrow? From my limited searching, I can't tell if there's some sort of order to it or if it's basically a random decision. Thanks!

Cory makes sense so you get Marty.

Pete will tell you it's because he wants to get his starting goaltender consistent time now. And the off says between the NYR game and the next game would be too long.

DevilInDisguise

Nov 28, 2009
NJ
This is a very simple fix. Get rid of the gremlin and zidlicks crap and call up gelinas and Merrill. Insert fayne into the lineup for Peter Harold. The offense is fine just needs a little tweaking. Most importantly Schneider needs to start as many games as he can play. A new coach would prob make these moves. Ok I am done.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I'm fine with trading Ryder and Clowe if we are out of it by deadline.

Add Zids, Jags, Sal and Volch to the list.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I'm fine with trading Ryder and Clowe if we are out of it by deadline.

Add Zids, Jags, Sal and Volch to the list.

There is not one single on our roster or in the minors that is labeled as a "must keep". This team will know what a rebuild is sooner rather then later and I don't care what quote Lou will throw out there but when you're on the verge of missing the playoffs 3 out of 4 last seasons... you're in rebuild mode.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Gionta was 2nd star last night, btw. lmao. Shows perfectly that Canadian media, who know hockey, see a player who hustles and rewards it.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Gionta was 2nd star last night, btw. lmao. Shows perfectly that Canadian media, who know hockey, see a player who hustles and rewards it.

Yea doesn't matter though, he could have scored a hat trick. But he is playing and Yayo isn't, so he is the worst hockey player of all time.....

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Yea doesn't matter though, he could have scored a hat trick. But he is playing and Yayo isn't, so he is the worst hockey player of all time.....

No, you are misinterpreting what is being said, for the most part. Yeah some think Gio is terrible and I don't think that is fair. However, he IS a dime a dozen 4th liner that can be found most anywhere. The fact that he is in the lineup over a guy who was drafted in the first round, has potential, hustles and is currently a better player than him is ridiculous.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
No, you are misinterpreting what is being said, for the most part. Yeah some think Gio is terrible and I don't think that is fair. However, he IS a dime a dozen 4th liner that can be found most anywhere. The fact that he is in the lineup over a guy who was drafted in the first round, has potential, hustles and is currently a better player than him is ridiculous.

Who is a better player than him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad