General Discussion (Team/Player/Trade Rumors/Speculation/News), Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
no he certainly has not.

alright you convinced me.....

Ill just say, if Ted or Yayo played like Gionta has been these boards would want them on the first line.

And the other way around, if Gionta played like Ted did last night, these boards would say to waive him or give someone our 2015 1st to take him off our hands.

The blind hate blows my mind.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Tedenby was actually pretty decent last night.

again, no one her HATES Gionta. so I am not sure why you continually mistakenly say that. but its a fact that he is not one of the top 12 forwards on this team.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Josefson is better than Gionta right now. The only thing Gio has on Josefson is that he isn't as injury prone. Carter-Josefson-Bernier is a better line than CBGB IMO.

I really don't know, at the start of the season I really wanted to see Yayo play and still do. But before I was okay with it being at the expense of Gionta. Not anymore, he is one of the few guys on the team not making consistent mistakes.

And I actually like him on the PK, people never good a good reason other than "Gionta on the PK!?!?"

But I like how he rarely lets the pp qbs get comfortable on the point long enough to take a decent shot.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
No one said Gio had a bad game last game, he played well but that is not his norm.

If you really can't see why people want Josefson play over Gionta then I don't know what to tell you. Josefson is a better possesion player, better at faceoffs, better at defense, and has a size advantage. And not to mention we rather have the first round pick from 2009 playing instead of rotting away in the pressbox. I have nothing against Gio but I doubt he would be the 4th line center for any other team in the league especially when you have options.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Tedenby was actually pretty decent last night.

again, no one her HATES Gionta. so I am not sure why you continually mistakenly say that. but its a fact that he is not one of the top 12 forwards on this team.

Are you serious??? If you are the one I was arguing with after the Pits game about the "Stat Line" I don't think this convo can go any further.

If it wasn't you, sorry, but either way he was typical Tedenby. Flashes of great puck control skill while producing nothing and being a liability.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
alright you convinced me.....

Ill just say, if Ted or Yayo played like Gionta has been these boards would want them on the first line.

And the other way around, if Gionta played like Ted did last night, these boards would say to waive him or give someone our 2015 1st to take him off our hands.

The blind hate blows my mind.

I don't think the hate is blind. I just think he is the most logical player to direct frustration at when you see two guys with at least some potential to become something more than a 4th liner rot on the bench so he can play. That line is a shell of its former self and while he hustles like crazy, he is the weak link there. Not that the other two have been great, but just a bit better than Gionta.

Honestly its mind boggling how poorly pete has handled the kids. Hes pretty much driven away Fayne, destroyed the confidence of all three Swedes, and lost Urbom for nothing, though I guess thats not completely on him. At this point i dont even want Gelinas or Merrill in the lineup because he'll destroy their confidence too.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
None of the goals against were Tedenby's fault

I'm not saying they were. But this is why I say these boards blindly hate on Gionta.

I know people don't actually hate him but this right here is more evidence.

Gionta was a minus 2 and both of them he wasn't even involved in the play, one of them he stepped on the ice 3 seconds before it was scored but there was pages of Gionta hate.

And my only point is that he gets a bad rap BECAUSE he is playing over Yayo and doesn't deserve it.

Evidence to the Yayo bias is in the pre season and everyone was pissed Sislo was even playing. Then he scored an amazing goal and everyone said WOW look at the work Yayo is doing when he really didn't do anything special to make it happen.

I know he is good, and will get better and want to see him play like everyone else. But some people here want it so bad the make things up and ignore others just to prove a point everyone already agrees with. Thats what bother me.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
As former President of the cut Gionta fan club - you cannot cut or sit the guy right now. He was arguably the best offensive player on the ice last night. Seriously. That's how bad this team is.

The continuity of that line has kept us from looking like an AHL team. When the team learns to play ice hockey, then we can talk about cutting Gio.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I don't think the hate is blind. I just think he is the most logical player to direct frustration at when you see two guys with at least some potential to become something more than a 4th liner rot on the bench so he can play. That line is a shell of its former self and while he hustles like crazy, he is the weak link there. Not that the other two have been great, but just a bit better than Gionta.

Honestly its mind boggling how poorly pete has handled the kids. Hes pretty much driven away Fayne, destroyed the confidence of all three Swedes, and lost Urbom for nothing, though I guess thats not completely on him. At this point i dont even want Gelinas or Merrill in the lineup because he'll destroy their confidence too.

See thats the problem, they SHOULD be playing better than him, but they arn't and people ignore it. For the stat junkies, line up their stats side by side and cover up the names and tell me whos played the best.

Bernier aside from stats I can easily see the argument. Carter though, there is no reason to say he has been better other than the fact that he should be better...

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Faith? From a good Christian man like Lemaire - right Pete??

Seriously though if Lou is preaching patience and faith from the fans in going to jump off a bridge.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
See thats the problem, they SHOULD be playing better than him, but they arn't and people ignore it. For the stat junkies, line up their stats side by side and cover up the names and tell me whos played the best.

Bernier aside from stats I can easily see the argument. Carter though, there is no reason to say he has been better other than the fact that he should be better...

See that's just it though. The others can be better. Gionta really can't. If the guys around him aren't going, he's probably not going. He's hustling no doubt but doesn't create anything and many times is a defensive liability. Now he is a 4th liner so you dont expect him to be a great player, but its frustrating when you know there are better options sitting on the bench. Or at least options that are just as good with potential to be better.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
thank christ the schneider is playing saturday. but lou...seriously, man? wtf..so disappointed

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
:laugh: :laugh: really? i thought he looked more 'dime a dozen'-y

Well to be fair so did most of the team. I mean he was probably petrified of making a mistake so he didn't play his game. Just like Larsson who doesn't try to create anything offensively anymore because he knows if he does he's benched.

The kids looked so good in preseason. I get that the competition was weak, but they seemed so loose. They played with some creativity and took some risks. Now they look like they are wearing a shock collar that zaps them every time they try to do anything.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Yea, if Lou is preaching patience then this thing is going to go even further off the rails than it already has because I honestly don't see them turning anything around under this regime. They might be past the point of no return with Pete and his system or lack there of.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Well to be fair so did most of the team. I mean he was probably petrified of making a mistake so he didn't play his game. Just like Larsson who doesn't try to create anything offensively anymore because he knows if he does he's benched.

The kids looked so good in preseason. I get that the competition was weak, but they seemed so loose. They played with some creativity and took some risks. Now they look like they are wearing a shock collar that zaps them every time they try to do anything.

he was garbage. fair point about the rest of the team struggling too, but that does not make Teddy 'decent'

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 36m

Go **** yoursef Lou... you've lost your damn ****ing mind if you're happy about having a record of 9 wins in the past 54 games.

Jesus Christ, where did our "winning attitude" go ?!?!?!? The man sounds like he's been the Gm of the Kansas City Royals for crying out loud.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
I bet we win on Saturday since Mr.Softie isnt playing

Go **** yoursef Lou... you've lost your damn ****ing mind if you're happy about having a record of 9 wins in the past 54 games.

Jesus Christ, where did our "winning attitude" go ?!?!?!? The man sounds like he's been the Gm of the Kansas City Royals for crying out loud.

The Royals are pretty good though....... The GM of the Royals made great moves last off-season and there team almost made the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->