General Discussion (Team/Player/Trade Rumors/Speculation/News), Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
he drew a penalty and also nearly had an assist.
but hey why have a legit hockey conversation when you can make forced jokes taht arent funny?

"he nearly had an assist"- the guy who bemoaned me using AHL stats for a guy with limited NHL experience.

i think ill keep track of NA (nearly assists) going forward, fit it right next to the +/- column

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Lou didn't say he was happy with this. If he isn't using Lou speak he thinks this ship can be turned around, and the ledge jumping and the calls to push the self-destruct button are premature. Don't have to buy it if you dont want.

Figured Cory would get the start. PEte is considering other line up changes. Bet you anything Tedy will not play.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
See that's just it though. The others can be better. Gionta really can't. If the guys around him aren't going, he's probably not going. He's hustling no doubt but doesn't create anything and many times is a defensive liability. Now he is a 4th liner so you dont expect him to be a great player, but its frustrating when you know there are better options sitting on the bench. Or at least options that are just as good with potential to be better.

See thats where I completely disagree. It sure would make life a lot easier to make a call on who is better if he was a defensive liability. But he is not.

And he does create. Him and Elias last night were the only ones (at least most notable) fighting in the O-zone to keep the puck and get it to the middle.

And what has Carter shown besides being better at face-offs and the occasional fight that he is and should be better than Gionta. On paper with size and where the cam from he should be better, but I have yet to see it.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I bet we win on Saturday since Mr.Softie isnt playing

The Royals are pretty good though....... The GM of the Royals made great moves last off-season and there team almost made the playoffs.

I knew someone was going to pick up on that, so let me rephrase... The KC Royals of the past 15 years with the exception of the past 18 months.

:p:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Lamorielo: "I don’t think anyone was predicting or felt that we would have 3 points in 7 games. But we have played 7 games. We have 75 left"

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1h
Cory Schneider will start in net for Devils Saturday vs. Rangers. DeBoer said he's pondering "a couple" other lineup changes.

Tedy shouldn't play. Much rather play Olesz or JJ then Tedy.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
yes, we are, considering he put up arguably the worst stat line on the team.

is Gionta somehow above criticism?

Saying this and than saying Tedenby played pretty good while having a worse stat line.

Responding to posts while saying nothing more than essentially "You're wrong" and then complaining about other people's posts not being quality hockey conversation.

I'm starting to see a trend.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Lamorielo: "I don’t think anyone was predicting or felt that we would have 3 points in 7 games. But we have played 7 games. We have 75 left"

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1h
Cory Schneider will start in net for Devils Saturday vs. Rangers. DeBoer said he's pondering "a couple" other lineup changes.

Tedy shouldn't play. Much rather play Olesz or JJ then Tedy.

That's the attitude of a loser right there when reading the comments made by our Gm. We have 75 games left, I agree, but what's important is how we've played in those 1st seven games and we've looked like a lottery team and based on the past 54 games or so, we've won a grand total of 9 games.

Do we have to be mathematicly eliminated or 1st in the East in order to fire a coach Mr. Lamoriello? Get real, we've been nosediving for close to a full season and he's spewing his BS quotes like we're hitting a little speed bump.

I'm wishing for a complete sweep of the broom here... Gm, HC and Ass HC (yes, he's a ass)

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Saying this and than saying Tedenby played pretty good while having a worse stat line.

Responding to posts while saying nothing more than essentially "You're wrong" and then complaining about other people's posts not being quality hockey conversation.

I'm starting to see a trend.

you are literally the only person who thinks Gionta should be playing. and when you say things like he is not a defensive liability, it leads me to believe that you are very, very biased.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
let's blame olesz, lokti, and tedenby for our issues, not the guys makin dat money...smart! how about zajac, henrique, elias start scoring? if they're doing nothing, why are we expecting 3rd liners to do anything?

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
you are literally the only person who thinks Gionta should be playing. and when you say things like he is not a defensive liability, it leads me to believe that you are very, very biased.

At least I can back it up by saying he has been on the ice for 3 goals against, while 2 of them he had not control over. Don't know about the 3rd don't know when it happened.

You say he is a defense liability with no backing and expect me to say, okay you are right.

And I might be the only one who thinks he should be playing but that is because I am not biased about Yayo. I want him to play, but that doesn't make me ignore Giontas play and label it bad.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
CBGB was our best line last night and yet people still ***** about Gionta playing? Give the guy a break, he isn't the reason this team can't win a game and he isn't the reason they are losing either. He's a guy that plays on a line that is supposed to swing momentum the other way and put some pucks on net.

Give me a break.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
CBGB was our best line last night and yet people still ***** about Gionta playing? Give the guy a break, he isn't the reason this team can't win a game and he isn't the reason they are losing either. He's a guy that plays on a line that is supposed to swing momentum the other way and put some pucks on net.

Give me a break.

that line had 0 points before last night.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I dont want Olesz in at all. He has dont literally nothing to show he deserves to play

i do however want Josefson in.

Wasn't directed at you

It is amusing that the consensus wants Gio out and now Olesz is being thrown as a guy to be in

Josefson should have been getting a look games ago

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
At least I can back it up by saying he has been on the ice for 3 goals against, while 2 of them he had not control over. Don't know about the 3rd don't know when it happened.

You say he is a defense liability with no backing and expect me to say, okay you are right.

And I might be the only one who thinks he should be playing but that is because I am not biased about Yayo. I want him to play, but that doesn't make me ignore Giontas play and label it bad.

if his line is going to click like that, im all for keeping gio (although preferably not at center). so no, you are not 'literally' the only person who thinks that

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I do agree that Gionta is getting alot of heat when there's about 15 other players we should be focusing on.

A 4th liner earning close to league minimum should be the least of our worries ATM. Our garbage of a blueline should be priority #1, our underacheiving players (Henrique, Zajac, Ryder, Brunner, Jagr... heck, just throw everyone in there) should be priority #2 and that's about it.

If Stephen Gionta is the main reason to complain after a loss, we're set to hand out the 1st overall pick to Bettman, in Philly no less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad