Prospect Info: General Discussion of Prospects

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
With play picking up is it worth bumping this thread to consolidate general updates that aren't discussions?

Reactions: Fezzy126

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Pilut gains the zone, Traktor maintains possession and they score after the D change. It'll be interesting to see if they want to try to find a place for him or find him a new NA home this summer.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Pilut gains the zone, Traktor maintains possession and they score after the D change. It'll be interesting to see if they want to try to find a place for him or find him a new NA home this summer.

I doubt they could get a 7th for him in the next draft.

Wouldn't be surprised if Yzerman swoops in to sign him after his rights expire

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
What are the odds we are able to sign both Portillo and Levi before they finish college tho?

Ugh

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Greater than zero.

Let’s leave the worry to the Johnson situation at this point.

Excuse my ignorance as I’ve taken a hiatus from HF boards for the most part over the last year so I’m out of the loop on some things — but why have I seen mentioned in a few different places about the idea or concern that Johnson won’t sign? Is that just empty speculation or are there legitimate reasons or evidence to suggest it may be an issue (beyond perhaps him seeing a stacks LD behind Power & Dahlin and perhaps Samuelsson)?

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Excuse my ignorance as I’ve taken a hiatus from HF boards for the most part over the last year so I’m out of the loop on some things — but why have I seen mentioned in a few different places about the idea or concern that Johnson won’t sign? Is that just empty speculation or are there legitimate reasons or evidence to suggest it may be an issue (beyond perhaps him seeing a stacks LD behind Power & Dahlin and perhaps Samuelsson)?

For many months I enjoyed trolling that Johnson must be traded because he is a high profile junior and he is headed to CalPete land. I think that is the context we are operating under. Without CalPete context, there isn't a reason to think that he wouldn't sign.

Reactions: jmelm

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

In my opinion the LHD thing would concern me if I was Johnson. Right now he's clearly behind Dahlin/Power...Samuelsson is around his level as a prospect, and Bryson has been killing it so far. Some people have floated that Dahlin can shift to RHD..yea maybe he can, but he's played on the left for most of his NHL career so far.

I'm a big fan of Johnson after his most recent performance at the WJC - I think he's a more polished, better defensive version of Bryson. So I hope none of what I said is based in reality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad