Providence Bruins General Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Off to the desired start in taking down the foes 3 zip! Two shorties on the night - was not thinking of that possibility when hoping they would stay out of the box in the series. MacInytre posting the goose egg to cap a off a great win.

Have to tone down the excitement, after all the big B's took their first in Ottawa as well. Time to end that trend in game 2!

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Off to the desired start in taking down the foes 3 zip! Two shorties on the night - was not thinking of that possibility when hoping they would stay out of the box in the series. MacInytre posting the goose egg to cap a off a great win.

Have to tone down the excitement, after all the big B's took their first in Ottawa as well. Time to end that trend in game 2!

Final was 3-1. Hershey scored with an empty net.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
So close to making it a sweep in Hersey and now head home for the next 3 in Providence. Great start to the series on the road. Do expect the series to remain tight and to be long. Appear to be handling themselves well so far.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
http://www.aroundthea.com/2017/05/08/ata-may-8/

For my money, there is not a team that works harder more consistently than the Providence Bruins do.

Providence forwards do not cheat for offence. They track back relentlessly. They grind down opponents, finishing checks wherever possible without running around out of position. They employ a very aggressive and disruptive penalty kill that is physically demanding and requires a strict adherence to defined roles to avoid being picked apart by a good power play.

An experienced group of defencemen consistently win down-low battles through effort but also has the puck-moving skills that today’s game demands.

Mix in speed and tenacity, and you have a very nice recipe, to say nothing of the excellent goaltending that Zane McIntyre provides nightly.

Some of the credit has to go to the culture that first-year head coach Kevin Dean and his staff have fostered. Affable, unassuming, and easygoing, Dean brings the structure and standards that he learned as a prospect in the New Jersey Devils’ remarkable talent pipeline of the 1990s. A strong collection of unsung veterans — captain Tommy Cross, Alex Grant, Jordan Szwarz, and so on — set the tone for the sort of honest brand of hockey that the P-Bruins play.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Game tied 1 - 1 late in the third. Yet the ProBs have a 31 - 13 SOG advantage. Gotta get past Phoenix!

2-1 loss with 40-15 in shot totals??? Wow.. Thats sounds like a classic game of EASHL.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Watched the last half of the game or so. PB's kind of went into shell in the third, but the one guy that jumped out to me was DeBrusk. Really tenacious down low, made some smart plays. Not sure what happened at the end as it was a bit off screen or at edge but looked like Sill gave Zane a slash or spear after the final buzzer

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
On review he was turning to deal with Breen who shoved him at the horn. I don't think he intended to hit Zane, but bleep them anyway, give him a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad