Providence Bruins General Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Not sure if people realize what a big deal this series win is. We beat the top team in the league, not led by career AHLers, but our top young prospects. Now we have a good chance to go on a long run, getting these prospects a lot of extra games.

Prospects that could easily see games in the NHL next year: DeBrusk, Heinen, Kuraly, O'Gara and Grzelcyk.

Those who follow minor pro sports know that the prospect-laden teams usually struggle against teams loaded with veterans (like WB/S) because of age and experience. This is a HUGE deal for the P-Bruins. They'll face a very similar team in Hershey - the Caps tend to load them with a lot of experienced/older players.

tjsilva

Dec 10, 2008
Peabody
tickets

Hoping to take the family to the second division final game on May 12th. Any idea on price for lower bowl? Wife does not like the heights in balconies. Thanks for any info.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Since there is no broadcast from Providence anymore, for those of us who don't have AHL Live & want to follow, here's the link to Hershey's radio broadcasts. Their PXP announcer, Zack Fisch, is a friend who I got to know in the USHL & ECHL.

https://www.iheart.com/live/whp-580-am-4027/

Constantly pleasantly surprised at the many, many connections contributors here have to people from all walks of life involved in some way with the hockey world. Thanks for passing along the info. Enjoy the games!

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Is 50 saves good?

Awesome to see guys like heinen and Debrusk playing key roles and succeeding

I know GG is on cloud 9! I'm happy you get to see more meaningful hockey. We all should be excited about the future of this team- things are looking bright

Last edited:

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
wait, so is Heinen now no longer a bust or what?:)

Nope still a bust:sarcasm:

I haven't seen any P Bruins games since January so I can't and won't pass judgment but I am thrilled that they are going to get playoff experience for the prospects.

I notice Gabrielle hasn't played in the playoffs and Senyshyn has only played one game. Is it due to injuries or just going with a more experienced line up?

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Nope still a bust:sarcasm:

I haven't seen any P Bruins games since January so I can't and won't pass judgment but I am thrilled that they are going to get playoff experience for the prospects.

I notice Gabrielle hasn't played in the playoffs and Senyshyn has only played one game. Is it due to injuries or just going with a more experienced line up?

I would imagine that they are going with the players that got them there. Could provoke a rebellion if guys are getting into their first pro games at the expense of guys who have played all year.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Hoping to take the family to the second division final game on May 12th. Any idea on price for lower bowl? Wife does not like the heights in balconies. Thanks for any info.

$33 for the lower bowl, $23 for upstairs in the playoffs. Honestly, the upper bowl is not that steep in the first few rows, plus if you get seats in ROW A in most sections you're kind of sitting in a "well" with a knee high concrete "table" in front of you.

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
$33 for the lower bowl, $23 for upstairs in the playoffs. Honestly, the upper bowl is not that steep in the first few rows, plus if you get seats in ROW A in most sections you're kind of sitting in a "well" with a knee high concrete "table" in front of you.

They're finally offering 10 bucks off any ticket this playoffs. So its 12.50 for upper ends/corners and 24.25 for lower and 20.50 for middle upper.

Also as said the civic center has almost no sense of height to the upper sections.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Maybe out of nowhere: what has Blidh's playoff game been like? More the same? Any development in game? Thanks,

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
Maybe out of nowhere: what has Blidh's playoff game been like? More the same? Any development in game? Thanks,

I think he played a little more conservatively in the first round than he usually does. Still hitting and putting in the effort as he always does, but perhaps not getting under the skin of other players as much as usual. Of course, it may have appeared that way in comparison to some of the W-B players.

On an unrelated note, here's Mark Divver's take on the Randell-Sestito fight from 4/27:

"One of the big moments in the series for Providence was Tyler Randell’s fight with Tom Sestito seven seconds into the third period in Game 3. No one in the AHL plays the heel better than Sestito, who made a lot of P-Bruins nervous with his antics/chirps in last season’s Pens’ sweep. Not this time. The fight was a draw, but Sestito wasn’t noticeable for the rest of the series."

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I think he played a little more conservatively in the first round than he usually does. Still hitting and putting in the effort as he always does, but perhaps not getting under the skin of other players as much as usual. Of course, it may have appeared that way in comparison to some of the W-B players.

On an unrelated note, here's Mark Divver's take on the Randell-Sestito fight from 4/27:

"One of the big moments in the series for Providence was Tyler Randell’s fight with Tom Sestito seven seconds into the third period in Game 3. No one in the AHL plays the heel better than Sestito, who made a lot of P-Bruins nervous with his antics/chirps in last season’s Pens’ sweep. Not this time. The fight was a draw, but Sestito wasn’t noticeable for the rest of the series."
A draw????? Randell put him down!

BruinsHockey

Jun 9, 2008
Rhode Island
The thing about Sesito is he plays a good heel. Interacts with fans from the penalty box, but he also has good hands I think he had one goal as well. He's not just a fighter not saying he's top lines but for a fighter he has nice hands.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada

Strange though, the Pens will call up Sestito for rough games and yet we couldn't give Randell ONE game this year --not even the 82nd game where the Caps were going to be running around. We could burn a year off of JFKs contract and give him a game, but not Randell (who acquitted himself nicely in the NHL the year before).

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Strange though, the Pens will call up Sestito for rough games and yet we couldn't give Randell ONE game this year --not even the 82nd game where the Caps were going to be running around. We could burn a year off of JFKs contract and give him a game, but not Randell (who acquitted himself nicely in the NHL the year before).

Apparently the league is getting away from that stuff, or so I've been told.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Randell is worse than Jimmy Hayes at actually playing hockey, though.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Nope. Randell at least brought something valuable to the team. In the end, Hayes was so shot mentally that he tried being a "fighter" ...to very sad results.

Just watched a video on YouTube entitled "12 minutes of Matt Tkachuk pissing people off". Instead of Randell, why don't the B's get a guy that can fight AND play. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
if he does improve his skating he would look good on the 4th line.
I wonder if he even score more goals than Hayes

it`s now just not about him improving his skating but improving his all around game and forcing the hand of the coach and management and convincing them that he is the better option than those who asserted themselves very well this year and moving forward

I don`t know, I appreciated his game when he got his chance but wasn`t nearly as "sold" on him as many here were. I love the fisticuffs, love the physical game and him having a ridiculous shooting percentage would never have been maintained but what I also saw was a player who struggled to keep up with the play or have the foot speed on the fore check to force an opponent to make a play too quickly so that physical side he can bring was pretty much eliminated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad