Providence Bruins General Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Randell needs to have an offensive aspect, in addition to being an enforcer, and he'd have a better shot of staying.....

Shawn Thornton ring any bells, folks, the "staged fighting" is obsolete, and there are now better prospects now in the system, at Providence, etc... that the club wants to see, whether Randell has now been passed by those prospects is why he never got a chance this year, the philosophy didn't change until Cassidy took over, and by then, it was likely too late to bring Randell up, or Sweeney knows already what they have in TR.

BruinsHockey

Jun 9, 2008
Rhode Island
Randell needs to have an offensive aspect, in addition to being an enforcer, and he'd have a better shot of staying.....

Shawn Thornton ring any bells, folks, the "staged fighting" is obsolete, and there are now better prospects now in the system, at Providence, etc... that the club wants to see, whether Randell has now been passed by those prospects is why he never got a chance this year, the philosophy didn't change until Cassidy took over, and by then, it was likely too late to bring Randell up, or Sweeney knows already what they have in TR.

Randell coming up the system was 1000 percent better than this year Randall. End of the season, he was only in lineup when the other team had a fighter in the lineup. If you look at Mark Divver's Game 1 tweets Randell was not in the lineup until sesito was.

PacificNWBruin

Apr 23, 2015
Netherlands
it`s now just not about him improving his skating but improving his all around game and forcing the hand of the coach and management and convincing them that he is the better option than those who asserted themselves very well this year and moving forward

I don`t know, I appreciated his game when he got his chance but wasn`t nearly as "sold" on him as many here were. I love the fisticuffs, love the physical game and him having a ridiculous shooting percentage would never have been maintained but what I also saw was a player who struggled to keep up with the play or have the foot speed on the fore check to force an opponent to make a play too quickly so that physical side he can bring was pretty much eliminated

This. That's why he never really got another shot.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Going to the game next Friday with my girlfriend , Mom, sister - in liue of going to commencement the next morning, we are doing a joint Mother's Day/graduation celebration the right way, with some playoff hockey :D

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Going to the game next Friday with my girlfriend , Mom, sister - in liue of going to commencement the next morning, we are doing a joint Mother's Day/graduation celebration the right way, with some playoff hockey :D

Awesome! Congratulations on your graduation and good luck with your next steps in life following school. Not a better way to celebrate than with your family, especially for your mom. Always appreciated that so many schools hold commencement on or around Mother's Day. Just seems so fitting.

Enjoy the game K of B!

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
As far as Randell goes I love him , love a tough team and love a guy who can fight anyone ex ryan reaves . This does bring a certain value to the team. In all honesty though the nhl has very very few of these guys these days . If it was 2010 he would be on the team . His scoring in the nhl was kind of a fluke stat and he was constantly behind the play . Here are his ahl stats this yr..... 59 1 9 10 81 -6 ///// As for you guys saying lets get guys that can play and fight well they fight in a different league than Randell and don't add the one thing randell could add.

If you are confused whether I am for or against him being on the team I don't blame you lol. Basically I would be fine with him on the team but I understand he really isn't good enough hockey wise .

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
As far as Randell goes I love him , love a tough team and love a guy who can fight anyone ex ryan reaves . This does bring a certain value to the team. In all honesty though the nhl has very very few of these guys these days . If it was 2010 he would be on the team . His scoring in the nhl was kind of a fluke stat and he was constantly behind the play . Here are his ahl stats this yr..... 59 1 9 10 81 -6 ///// As for you guys saying lets get guys that can play and fight well they fight in a different league than Randell and don't add the one thing randell could add.

If you are confused whether I am for or against him being on the team I don't blame you lol. Basically I would be fine with him on the team but I understand he really isn't good enough hockey wise .

These days, I`m far more interested and intrigued at the possibilities of true prospects like DeBrusk/Heinen, the latter who quietly appears to have had a nice season, few ups and downs but looks like is having a very strong playoff.

DeBrusk seems to get the ink here (and rightly so) but I feel Heinen will also be a very key piece to the puzzle moving forward, there were things he did in the 8-9 games with the B`s that I loved, the offense wasn`t there but there were other areas I was pleasantly surprised to watch, loved his intelligent positioning, took excellent angles when attacking the puck etc...I know, not sexy, he still needed to develop and may very well need even a bit more time next year but I really liked what I saw.

Many here seemed to be really down on him, not this fan

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
DeBrusk: 28 points in his last 31 games. Great to see his hard work paying off with production

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
NORTH SMITHFIELD, R.I. — The Bruins have numerous holes in their lineup. One is at left wing. This summer, general manager Don Sweeney will have various methods at his disposal to plug the holes. He could make a trade. He could go the expensive free agency route.

But there are a couple of young players in Providence who surely hope Sweeney finds his guy — or guys — in-house. And right now, they’re putting their best feet forward toward earning a good, long look in training camp.

Jake DeBrusk and Danton Heinen followed up strong debut pro seasons with good first-round playoff performances for the AHL Bruins. They both get more chances to impress the Bruins brass when they open a best-of-seven series against the Hershey Bears tomorrow.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...urce=bostonherald&utm_medium=trending_stories

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
I would love to see these two in the top 9 next year.

Marchand-Bergeron-Bjork
Debrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak
Vatrano-Backes-Heinen

If they do decided to sign a ufa free agent something like this could be good too.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Debrusk-Krejci-Oshie
Vatrano-Backes-Heinen

Also like the idea of an all kid 4th line Blidh-Kuraly-Accairi/Cehlarik

NORTH SMITHFIELD, R.I. — The Bruins have numerous holes in their lineup. One is at left wing. This summer, general manager Don Sweeney will have various methods at his disposal to plug the holes. He could make a trade. He could go the expensive free agency route.

But there are a couple of young players in Providence who surely hope Sweeney finds his guy — or guys — in-house. And right now, they’re putting their best feet forward toward earning a good, long look in training camp.

Jake DeBrusk and Danton Heinen followed up strong debut pro seasons with good first-round playoff performances for the AHL Bruins. They both get more chances to impress the Bruins brass when they open a best-of-seven series against the Hershey Bears tomorrow.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...urce=bostonherald&utm_medium=trending_stories

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
just a random question but will Butch, DS be taking in the series? I`m guessing one of them for sure will be there keeping a close eye on things?

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
just a random question but will Butch, DS be taking in the series? I`m guessing one of them for sure will be there keeping a close eye on things?

I'm sure there will be a lot more than two of them.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I see no reason why they can't both be there. In Sweeney's case, it's his job to evaluate and form opinions on next year's roster. Butch has had a couple of weeks off after the playoffs, exit interviews and staff evaluations. I used to see Claude at MiL games when Boston wasn't playing.

Besides, the golf courses are waterlogged and unplayable now!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Most assuredly.

RB77 will also likely be in the house at least once or twice.

Bourque takes in PB games? Nice

I assumed there would be some eyes from the big club there, I also suspect there are at least one set of eyes at the World Championships right now too

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Bourque takes in PB games? Nice

I assumed there would be some eyes from the big club there, I also suspect there are at least one set of eyes at the World Championships right now too

Since his kid plays for Hershey, he'll be there for at least two games.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Awesome! Congratulations on your graduation and good luck with your next steps in life following school. Not a better way to celebrate than with your family, especially for your mom. Always appreciated that so many schools hold commencement on or around Mother's Day. Just seems so fitting.

Enjoy the game K of B!

Thanks Wally and O,

I agree, and this will actually be a graduate degree and I never got to see her much through my first years so celebrating the time since then and the positive climbs familially will be something else, hoping for a win!

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
Some here have argued that DeBrusk is merely a bottom 6 Winger. I am not so sure? His AHL production in the second half of the season says otherwise. He may be playing on Krejci's wing next year.

https://www.nhl.com/bruins/news/providence-notebook-debrusk-riding-high/c-289272204

DeBrusk was projecting as a bottom 6 winger in the first half of the season. His late surge definitely changes his projection to the positive. He's looking more bottom 9 than bottom 6 right now

BruinsHockey

Jun 9, 2008
Rhode Island
Something I love about being an AHL fan, especially rookies.

DeBrusk took ALOT of shots and not many points, than it clicked and has been a great forward.

Heinen had a OK year long stretches without many goals. Than in the playoffs could be said he is the best forward. (Bettter than Czarnik, who I hope shows up soon 1A last series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad