General COVID-19 Talk #4 MOD Warning

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
Hmm, first time seeing/hearing this - is there a link/source for this, by any chance? Incidentally: not being combative (FWIW, I agree with a good portion of your post); really am curious here...

Bob Woodard recorded an interview on Feb 7 of 2020 which was later released for his book that he was writing with 45's knowledge. The interview is widely available online. 45 said he hid the information because he didn't want people to panic and didn't want to negatively affect our economy.

Fast forward the video to 37 seconds to bypass any editorializing and you can hear it yourself. But you can also look it up via Bob Woodard tapes, Covid. Bob Woodard was also one of the reporters who covered Nixon's famous tapes. But the interview speaks for itself, regardless of who discovered it.

Hospitals take the direction from the CDC in what safety precautions to enact, like N95s or simple mask and negative pressure rooms to filter out the virus so our air is cleaner to protect us, so if info is being withheld and someone did in fact know about it, downplayed it, the health care workers are basically getting thrown to the slaughter because we were not taking the proper precautions. Changes were not made until health care workers started getting sick. Now moreover, if someone is calling the CDC and demanding they walk back recommendations while sitting on that type of info, it looks even worse, like this pandemic in how we managed it could have been avoided.

But you can also look it up on multiple news sources depending on your preference of info. Below is a short clip, it's not the full interview, but it is largely the meat and potatoes.

Last edited:

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Hmm, first time seeing/hearing this - is there a link/source for this, by any chance? Incidentally: not being combative (FWIW, I agree with a good portion of your post); really am curious here...
Airborne is used pretty charitably when talking about pathogens. Don't think hot air balloon or drone. Think Aerosol

Covid-19: What do we know about airborne transmission of SARS-CoV-2?

Scientists distinguish between respiratory infectious diseases classed as “airborne”—which spread by aerosols suspended in the air—and infections that spread through other routes, including larger “droplets.”
Aerosols are tiny liquid particles from the respiratory tract that are generated when someone exhales, talks, or coughs, for example. They float in the air and can contain live viruses, such as measles and chickenpox. Both are examples of highly infectious diseases classed as airborne because they are known to spread by aerosols.
On the other hand, illnesses such as influenza are thought to spread primarily through larger respiratory droplets.1 These do not float as easily and are more likely to fall to the ground within 1-2 m of the source.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
upload_2021-4-26_14-5-56.png

6 straight days under 100 cases!!
1.2% positives today
Hosp took a big jump on Saturday. Twas 100 on Friday
ICU also jumped over the weekend , twas 15 on Friday

Rolling 7 day cases
Mon-80
Sun- 69!
Sat-85
Fri-65
Thu-69!
Wed-53
Tues-127

78.28 up from 76.57 on Friday

Rolling 7 day death count
Mon-0
Sun-9
Sat-6
Fri-8
Thu-8
Wed-2
Tues-4

5.28 up from 4.57 on Friday

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
upload_2021-4-27_13-4-13.png

We have a first! 7 straight days under 100 cases
200.gif

1.2% positives today
Hosp and ICU both up again. Hosp was 115 yesterday and ICU was 23

Rolling 7 day cases
Tues- 90
Mon-80
Sun- 69!
Sat-85
Fri-65
Thu-69!
Wed-53

Avg of 73 down from 78.28 yesterday

Tues-6
Mon-0
Sun-9
Sat-6
Fri-8
Thu-8
Wed-2

5.57 up from 5.28 yesterday

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
upload_2021-4-28_14-6-40.png

8 straight days under 100 cases!
0.7% positives today
Hosp down from 128
ICU down from 27

Rolling 7 day cases
Wed-73
Tues- 90
Mon-80
Sun- 69!
Sat-85
Fri-65
Thu-69!

Avg of 75.85 up from 73 yesterday

Wed-5
Tues-6
Mon-0
Sun-9
Sat-6
Fri-8
Thu-8
Avg of 6 up from 5.57 yesterday

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
It's quite odd that California is doing the best on this currently (at anything really). Maybe it's just timing, a lull in CA, dumb luck, etc. But whatever it is, hopefully it's valid/permanent and we're over the worst of it forever going forward.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
It's quite odd that California is doing the best on this currently (at anything really). Maybe it's just timing, a lull in CA, dumb luck, etc. But whatever it is, hopefully it's valid/permanent and we're over the worst of it forever going forward.
Timing
We got wrecked so bad in the fall and winter that we achieved some level of immunity between that and the vaccine

Rumpelstiltskin

Serial Ruminator
Jun 14, 2007
Los Alamitos, CA
Got my vaccine shot (J&J) yesterday afternoon. Felt great until about mid-day today, when one of the worst headaches I've ever had - along with a stomachache and, oddly, leg muscle soreness - hit.

Just a warning to those considering the J&J vaccine: my Rx aide warned me that their office has a higher instance of side effects for J&J vs. the mNRA vaccines - and this was one I "lost" (still preferable to potentially ending up in the ICU, though).

Reactions: Lt Dan

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
upload_2021-4-29_12-32-3.png

Under 100 cases for 9 days

0.3% positives today
Hosp down from 125 yesterday
ICU up 1

Rolling 7 day cases
Thu-43
Wed-73
Tues- 90
Mon-80
Sun- 69!
Sat-85
Fri-65

Avg of 72.14 down from 75.85 yesterday

Thu-4
Wed-5
Tues-6
Mon-0
Sun-9
Sat-6
Fri-8

Avg of 5.42 down from 6 yesterday

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Got my vaccine shot (J&J) yesterday afternoon. Felt great until about mid-day today, when one of the worst headaches I've ever had - along with a stomachache and, oddly, leg muscle soreness - hit.

Just a warning to those considering the J&J vaccine: my Rx aide warned me that their office has a higher instance of side effects for J&J vs. the mNRA vaccines - and this was one I "lost" (still preferable to potentially ending up in the ICU, though).
Question here ?
Do you have a history of injuries in that leg?

I had knee and soreness in one wrist.. My knees sucks from sports and my wrist because I had a 5 year stretch without a girlfriend and I had to take matters in to my own hand.

Rumpelstiltskin

Serial Ruminator
Jun 14, 2007
Los Alamitos, CA
Question here ?
Do you have a history of injuries in that leg?

Nossir; that's what made that odd. OTOH, it may have a "residual" from the fact that I jogged to/from my office to the pharmacy (about 2/3 mile each way)...

I had knee and soreness in one wrist.. My knees sucks from sports and my wrist because I had a 5 year stretch without a girlfriend and I had to take matters in to my own hand.

11-2-lol-face-meme-png.png

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Roller coaster ride trying to get my vaccine heh

first day i signed up for moderna--waited in line for 3 hours and gave up

2nd day i signed up for j+j--they shut it down that day

so finally i got my first Pfizer. I worked out before which was stupid. But I felt amazing the rest of the day, figured my body was priming me for an asskicking. Slept like a baby, had some major fatigue this am--cancelled my meetings and slept till 10 and now i'm presumably in the clear feeling awesome

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Roller coaster ride trying to get my vaccine heh

first day i signed up for moderna--waited in line for 3 hours and gave up

2nd day i signed up for j+j--they shut it down that day

so finally i got my first Pfizer. I worked out before which was stupid. But I felt amazing the rest of the day, figured my body was priming me for an asskicking. Slept like a baby, had some major fatigue this am--cancelled my meetings and slept till 10 and now i'm presumably in the clear feeling awesome
Since you had Covid, this should be the worse of the two shots. Shot 2 should be like a

In fact, this song should be worse than shot two

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
upload_2021-4-30_13-48-5.png

10 days in a row under 100!
0.6% positives today

Hosp down from 116
ICU down to 22

Rolling 7 day cases
Fri-68
Thu-43
Wed-73
Tues- 90
Mon-80
Sun- 69!
Sat-85

Avg of 72.57 up from 72.14 yesterday

Fri-9
Thu-4
Wed-5
Tues-6
Mon-0
Sun-9
Sat-6

Avg of 5.57 up from 5.42 yesterday

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Got my 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday afternoon. After the first shot, I felt a little out of sorts the day after, but I was still able to get out and exercise etc. I was still awake watching TV yesterday and 11 hours after the shot, I started feeling flu-ish. I really should've gone to sleep earlier but I watched the Kings game and then caught up on some shows (Shadow and Bone on Netflix is interesting and Invincible on Amazon is very good). Didn't sleep well at all, fever dream type sleep but I only have a very low level fever if that. 2 degrees or less over normal for me. After a few naps, feeling pretty decent right now. At least I didn't get the bad headaches like some co-workers got. Anyway, thought I'd share my experience, at least so far today.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Second Moderna shot received on Friday afternoon. Arm is a little sore, and I am a little tired, but other than that no problem.

Probably tired due to several active days in a row and not getting to bed until midnight last night.

verbalkint47

Heroes and Villans
Aug 12, 2009
Emerald State
After my 1st Moderna I felt good all day. The next day however I had a really bad headache and had some body aches and chills. I took a hot shower, literally to the point it was almost burning my skin, and still felt cold. Threw a couple extra blankets on my bed and slept 12 hours, have felt great since.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
I about blew up at a Karen at Menards. I didn’t have a mask and was looking to find 1 of the free ones. She tells me “you have to buy a mask if you don’t have one and that’s the only way you can shop here”. I’m cancelling my card and shopping elsewhere from now on...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad