General COVID-19 Talk #3 NHL Qualifiers begin August 1 MOD Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Conflicting reports coming out of Washington, DC. The New York Times has already reported President Trump has minor symptoms, while other news outlets are saying both the First Lady and President Trump are asymptomatic at this time. I am sure they are both getting whatever therapeutics their doctors believe will be most effective.

Mnuchin tested negative this morning, as did VP Pence and his wife.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
No matter what side you are on, there is one basic thing you should have learned as a kid and hopefully live by / pass along to others: two wrongs do not make a right. Or said another way, treat others as you would want them to treat you.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
A lot of people are just taking their lead from him. He's been outing himself as completely reprehensible human being for the last 4 years (being generous here, it's been going on long before he got into office), publicly and unapologetically. That being said I hope they recover, I don't wish death on anyone.

Maybe people don’t like the fact that he has constantly downplayed the virus and been against masks from the start causing many Americans to act just as stupid. Causing an endless cycle of open up and shut down instead of doing what we should have from the start. It was inevitable that he’d eventually get it. I’m sure he will be ok tho with his wealth. Probably come out of it fine and embolden deniers even more.

Yeah that's a concern. If you really want to put on your tinfiol hat you might believe he's lying about it entirely just so he can say it was no big deal. Nothing would surprise me. In any case if he did die so close to the election, what would happen? I imagine the Republicans would nominate someone else, presumably Pence?

Reactions: LAKings88

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Oh dang! haha. Figures. Basically that the nuclear launch controller planes were airborne on the east coast and the west coast about 30 min before the President's announcement--interpretation was not to be alarmed but they're just trying to be seen as a 'don't eff with us now' move which is very typical. Was a very 2020 way to break the story.

Reactions: Bandit

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
Oh dang! haha. Figures. Basically that the nuclear launch controller planes were airborne on the east coast and the west coast about 30 min before the President's announcement--interpretation was not to be alarmed but they're just trying to be seen as a 'don't eff with us now' move which is very typical. Was a very 2020 way to break the story.

Any idea how often we have done this in the past? I don't think this necessarily happens to send messages. Have we moved up the DEFCON alert as well?

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
A number of people who were at the Amy Barrett Supreme Court nomination announcement last Saturday have now tested positive for COVID. Barrett already had COVID and tested negative. But the Trumps, Hope Hicks, Senator Mike Lee and the President of Notre Dame were all there and all tested positive in the last day or two. Probably will be others.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

DrHansReinhardt

Nov 12, 2019
Drafting 14th

Reactions: RocketKing

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I believe this was just protocol. I think they do this anytime the president has an illness or just in a time of weakness just to be on the safe side.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
President Trump has received a dose of yet to be approved drug which contains antibodies. The drug has shown promising results in Phase 1, 2, and 3 trials.

They will be checking the President in at Walter Reed to determine the viral load he is currently experiencing, and he will remain there for 2 or 3 days where he can be closely monitored.

Regeneron's antibody cocktail for coronavirus: Early data shows promising results - CNN

White House doctor: Trump received experimental antibody cocktail, remains 'fatigued' after COVID-19 diagnosis

Last edited:
Reactions: RocketKing

Schrute farms

Jul 7, 2020
Actually, that sounds scary. Unless the POTUS is in serious condition, I don't want them taking an unapproved drug....idc how promising and how many trials there have been. I'm sure the drug cocktail is not a dangerous thing, but still....

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i think that sounds more dramatic than it really is, there's apparently "presidential offices" there and i think it makes more sense to recover at a private hospital than it does to wait until you're potentially more ill and then sort out the transport logistics

good fodder regardless

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Actually, that sounds scary. Unless the POTUS is in serious condition, I don't want them taking an unapproved drug....idc how promising and how many trials there have been. I'm sure the drug cocktail is not a dangerous thing, but still....
Magic Johnson received similar experimental drugs when he contracted HIV many years ago. At least my memory of that situation is the drugs were still in trial runs and Magic became part of the trial.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
i think that sounds more dramatic than it really is, there's apparently "presidential offices" there and i think it makes more sense to recover at a private hospital than it does to wait until you're potentially more ill and then sort out the transport logistics

good fodder regardless
Yeah, the indications are President Trump will be working in the offices at Walter Reed. It sounds like his doctors will be able to monitor him more closely there.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Magic Johnson received similar experimental drugs when he contracted HIV many years ago. At least my memory of that situation is the drugs were still in trial runs and Magic became part of the trial.

The difference being that Magic Johnson was not the head of state of the most powerful country in the world.

Schrute farms

Jul 7, 2020
Plus, Magic disease/virus was basically a death sentence at the time...just a matter of time. I'm sure this drug cocktail is not very risky though.

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
The problem with the testing is that the more tests you do, the more cases you have. Someone needs to tell the White House medical staff to SLOW DOWN THE TESTING!!

Reactions: Bandit

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
Walter Reed is specifically designed to handle this situation. It's a no-brainer to have the President moved there even if he seems relatively okay at the moment. He's in a high age group and obese so he's at particular risk. Things could change quickly. He did a video before leaving the White House and sounded fine.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
My uncle made the vaccine and treated magic johnson personally. It is a vaccine and not a cure because it doesnt work on 100% of people every time but it does work on a good majority of people.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The difference being that Magic Johnson was not the head of state of the most powerful country in the world.
There is no difference. Your doctors don't make medical decisions based on your job.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
There is no difference. Your doctors don't make medical decisions based on you job.

I think it applies to both guys being so powerful but I disagree anyway. 1. you're more powerful = you have access to better doctors and experimental treatments in general anyway and 2. if someone has a secret 'hail mary' it would be these guys.

If you don't think doctors are influenced might want to tell Trump's guy who proclaimed to the world that his fat ass was the perfect physical specimen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad