General COVID-19 Talk #2, NHL Phase 2 begins early June Mod Warning post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
I had Covid and for a week and a half. Recovered fully, but so far after a week I still haven't regained my sense of smell. it is weird to only taste, sweet, sour, salty, and bitter. I will say if you look at the way I dress I never had a sense of taste. :rimshot:

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
I had Covid and for a week and a half. Recovered fully, but so far after a week I still haven't regained my sense of smell. it is weird to only taste, sweet, sour, salty, and bitter. I will say if you look at the way I dress I never had a sense of taste. :rimshot:
Hope your recovery continues to go well and you are back to full health quickly.

Last edited:

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
Hope your recovery continues to go well and you are back to full healthy quickly.

Thanks, I feel 100% better and then some. I will say for me tonic water with quinine and 50mg of zinc really turned the tide. I basically had a fever and aches everyday, my doctor friend told me to try the quinine and zinc and two days later I woke up with no symptoms at all. It may not be for everyone, but it seems to have helped my case.

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Thanks, I feel 100% better and then some. I will say for me tonic water with quinine and 50mg of zinc really turned the tide. I basically had a fever and aches everyday, my doctor friend told me to try the quinine and zinc and two days later I woke up with no symptoms at all. It may not be for everyone, but it seems to have helped my case.
Interesting, I found this article after looking up that mix.
False claim: Tonic water and zinc will kill the coronavirus

This too.
Can tonic water and zinc help prevent coronavirus? Doctors say no.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That's really interesting.

Quinine in tonic water: Safety, side effects, and possible benefits

quinine is the malaria treatment that can have gnarly side effects in therapeutic doses but in tonic water it's not enough to be bad. We know zinc is helpful too so it's basically like a daily covid vitamin he had you ingesting. Just one more possible "1% better" treatment that can help but almost certainly can't hurt. I mean maybe it's placebo effect but it's certainly not a bad idea.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
upload_2020-7-23_14-26-8.png

Bad day for deaths.
905 cases is high vs 767 yesterday
13.8% positive tests today
Hospitalization down 9
ICU number the same

Rolling 7 day average of non-SNF Deaths

Thu-16
Wed- 7
Tues-17
Mon-1
Sun: 0
Sat: 18
Fri: 0

a 16 replaced a 5 so the number goes up to 8.42 per day

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
That's really interesting.

Quinine in tonic water: Safety, side effects, and possible benefits

quinine is the malaria treatment that can have gnarly side effects in therapeutic doses but in tonic water it's not enough to be bad. We know zinc is helpful too so it's basically like a daily covid vitamin he had you ingesting. Just one more "1% better" treatment that can help but almost certainly can't hurt.
Oh yeah. That is exactly whey they added it

Here is a fun fact with quinine, only about 70% of people can taste it. Tonic water just tastes like tap water to that 30%

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
Latest data: Deaths up 40% in the last 24 hours. So back up to what was reported on Wednesday morning. Admissions are flat as are ICU admissions, although it might just be that deaths are keeping the ICU numbers down. No significant increases anywhere. Most is a 4% increase in admissions at San Bernardino affiliated hospital.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Latest data: Deaths up 40% in the last 24 hours. So back up to what was reported on Tuesday morning. Admissions are flat as are ICU admissions, although it might just be that deaths are keeping the ICU numbers down. No significant increases anywhere. Most is a 4% increase in admissions at San Bernardino affiliated hospital.
The updates are much appreciated

I am a numbers and statistics guy, so I am trying to figure out the time lag between your more real time reports and what the county reports. I am figuring the county lag is somewhere around 36 hours. They report to the state and the new media seems to also get their numbers and report on them before the county publishes them.

So either today or Saturday will be a high number death from the county. I think Saturday

Thanks again man. I can never convey how helpful your info is. I have a few friends that still don't understand the situation and your reports are a very welcome unbiased view of what is happening. Although it is only one hospital system it is still a very valid representation of what is going on

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
The updates are much appreciated

I am a numbers and statistics guy, so I am trying to figure out the time lag between your more real time reports and what the county reports. I am figuring the county lag is somewhere around 36 hours. They report to the state and the new media seems to also get their numbers and report on them before the county publishes them.

So either today or Saturday will be a high number death from the county. I think Saturday

Thanks again man. I can never convey how helpful your info is. I have a few friends that still don't understand the situation and your reports are a very welcome unbiased view of what is happening. Although it is only one hospital system it is still a very valid representation of what is going on

Step One: Establish credibility as the provider of unbiased truthful information about COVID on the Internet.

Step Two: Begin selling COVID "home remedy cure" on the Internet.

Step Three: Profit.

Reactions: Chazz Reinhold

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I am thinking (more hoping) that your numbers hit today HeadInjury

upload_2020-7-24_13-42-21.png

Cases are down today, from 905 yesterday
Hospitalizations are down from 690
ICU had a big drop from 233
Positive tests today were 17.5%, ouch!

Rolling 7 day of non SNF deaths:

Rolling 7 day average of non-SNF Deaths. a 9 replaces a so up we go to 9.714

Fri:9
Thu-16
Wed- 7
Tues-17
Mon-1
Sun: 0
Sat: 18

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I really don't have a problem with Dr. Fauci removing his mask for a drink of water or leaving it off all together as he is likely at the game with members of his family. If it is okay for Dr. Fauci though, it must be okay for me to go to the beach with my family as long as we are socially distanced from other families, right?

fauci-yankee-game-mask-off.jpg

Last edited:

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
wasn't too concerned with that photo til i saw his comments blowing it off about how he "just took it off to have a drink of water" which he clearly didn't in that series of photos

then his wife rips hers off and he sits there chatting with it on his chin the whole time, later walks away with it over his mouth only

hypocrisy from government officials, what's new i guess. would've thought he'd at least be the one setting the example

LA Kings Cup Champs

Oct 1, 2007
KINGS of Hockey
Context
That whole reply was based on La Kings Cup champs' weird obsession that we are in a civil war
No, I dont think it would ever come to that

A small very loud portion of the population is killing cops and rioting and there isn't enough popular support for a civil war anyway.

I am not a fan of the left or the right, but both sides think they have way more support than they really do. The average American is worried about their own life, putting food on the table, and more worried about Miller Time than the 2020 election.

These protests will very likely be over within a week. There will be broad promises made of reform, etc. but very little will actually happen
Just like 1992 and 2008. La Kings Cup Champs is still very young and is expecting grandiose change. This will be the first of him realizing that the man is in charge, he always wins , and he will give us just big enough of a carrot to keep us happy

Looks like I was right. The protesters are out to remove the "White Man" as the sole beneficiaries of what the Constitutions' purpose FOR ALL was supposed to be.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Looks like I was right. The protesters are out to remove the "White Man" as the sole beneficiaries of what the Constitutions' purpose FOR ALL was supposed to be.
Looks like your ban is over?

You aren't right not even close and you still have no concept of what a civil war actually is.
This is a cyclical thing that literally happens every 30 years. It happened in the 90s, 60s and 30s as well.
Go read some history there Sparky

Last edited:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

You aren't right not even close and you still have no concept of what a civil war actually is.
This is a cyclical thing that literally happens every 30 years. It happened in the 90s, 60s and 30s as well.
You don't want to take Sparky's name in vain. You see what he did to the Nogales Junior College and College Station Community College buses?

...he really hates Nogales Junior College

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Got my hair cut outside on Friday. Pretty cool. My barber is now opening at 8 and closing at 3 so he can close before the tents start getting hot.

Reactions: KINGS17

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI

This exactly.

Just amazed at how many young people like to go on the internet and talk about how eager they are for a 2nd Civil War, people like the person you are replying to just have zero idea about the conditions needed for any kind of armed civil conflict. And are just completely unaware of just how many people would die if hypothetically there was some kind of ideological civil war that somehow split the military in the country.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad