Fri: 0
Thu: 5
Wed: 21

9 yes f***ing 9 non SNF deaths a day on average. Oof

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Wonder how much has to do with testing capability too. We had an issue with that a couple weeks back.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I'm pretty sure that Tuesday results feature lag from the weekend. Was following a death rate trend thing on Twitter when this all started and he mentioned that Tuesday seemed to include numbers from the weekend.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I'm pretty sure that Tuesday results feature lag from the weekend. Was following a death rate trend thing on Twitter when this all started and he mentioned that Tuesday seemed to include numbers from the weekend.
Yeah, the 7-day moving average is probably a better indicator.

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
Latest data from doctor friend. Admissions are falling at OC hospital. Down 9% from yesterday. ICU admission at same hospital also down 9%. Throughout the affiliated hospitals, admissions up about 4% and ICU admissions up about 4%.

Big spike in deaths (reported) in the last 24 hours. More than 3 times the average from Saturday to Monday. I think this is an example of the Weekend Effect.

Reactions: Lt Dan

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Latest data from doctor friend. Admissions are falling at OC hospital. Down 9% from yesterday. ICU admission at same hospital also down 9%. Throughout the affiliated hospitals, admissions up about 4% and ICU admissions up about 4%.

Big spike in deaths (reported) in the last 24 hours. More than 3 times the average from Saturday to Monday. I think this is an example of the Weekend Effect.
If we look back at the calendar, it's about two weeks after Independence Day. Large gatherings among adults (especially indoors) creates greater community spread. If someone had information about being exposed on July 4, they would be nearing the end of their quarantine period.

Last edited:

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Day 2 after testing positive for Coronavirus. 5 year old Son has tested positive as well. Child is running a fever of 100.4 and has been playing Mario deluxe and doesn’t even know he is sick. I have the water shits and have lost 10 pounds but other than using the shit out of the bidet I really don’t feel bad at all. Can’t taste the rice and chicken burritos I’m eating and my sense of smell is very feint. Fever is hovering around 101 but, the regular flu is way worse.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Not bad today. I am assuming that the deaths HeadInjury referred to are in tomorrow's numbers

upload_2020-7-22_13-33-7.png

Hospitalizations- down by 1 (every one counts ,bitch!) [read this like Jesse Pinkman)
ICU down by 1 (every one counts, bitch!)
10.1% of the tests were postive

Rolling 7 day of non-snf deaths

Wed- 7
Tues-17
Mon-1
Sun: 0
Sat: 18
Fri: 0
Thu: 5

today's 7 replaced a 21 so the 7 days non-SNF death average drops to 6.85

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Day 2 after testing positive for Coronavirus. 5 year old Son has tested positive as well. Child is running a fever of 100.4 and has been playing Mario deluxe and doesn’t even know he is sick. I have the water shits and have lost 10 pounds but other than using the shit out of the bidet I really don’t feel bad at all. Can’t taste the rice and chicken burritos I’m eating and my sense of smell is very feint. Fever is hovering around 101 but, the regular flu is way worse.

Get well soon man! At least you can keep eating the crap out of burritos.

Reactions: cyclones22

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005

Thanking for sharing and best of luck to you and your son.

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
Not bad today. I am assuming that the deaths HeadInjury referred to are in tomorrow's numbers

I think it may be the opposite. I'm posting at 7 to 8 a.m., so the update today captured all deaths in the 24 hours since Tuesday morning. You're posting 8 to 9 hours later and perhaps a lot of the deaths due to the Weekend Effect came in yesterday after 8 a.m.

So hopefully rate of new deaths drops when I post tomorrow.

Reactions: Lt Dan

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Hang in there man!

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
So far it’s not that bad at all. Not a great time by any means but honestly it’s like a light case of the flu but the losing sense of taste is just weird.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
So far it’s not that bad at all. Not a great time by any means but honestly it’s like a light case of the flu but the losing sense of taste is just weird.

I know taste and smell are interrelated and those are by far the weirdest symptoms haha. Glad you're on that end of the spectrum.

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
Here's today's data: Admissions up 6% in OC hospital. ICU admissions flat. (Basically over time, OC admissions have been stable, trending downward slightly). Admissions at San Bernardino affiliated hospital up slightly. Admissions up 10% in Riverside affiliated hospital. Overall, throughout the affiliated hospitals, admissions down 3% and ICU admissions up 4%.

Deaths down about 40% from yesterday, but still double the rate over the weekend. Overall, deaths in last 24 hours are exactly what deaths have been averaging daily since last Thursday.

ICU admissions are 35% of all admissions.

Last edited:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
A little anecdote from the other side of the coin. I spoke with my Mom yesterday. Her 70-year old neighbor became ill, and tested positive.

The guy is not in great shape, and likely has some underlying health issues, but he isn't a smoker. After testing positive he returned to his home to self-quarantine, had a fever of around 102 degrees for a few days, felt lethargic, but never any problems breathing. Two weeks later re-tested and was negative. Lung capacity tested, no problem. Donated blood so his convalescent plasma can be used to help someone else, and he is fine. COVID-19 isn't a death sentence if you are over 60 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad