Arrested: General Arrested/Conduct Thread Part 3

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

my guess is after he crashed his car, he went to that house where a family member lives to get a car to drive himself home.

Betcha

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It sounds to me that someone else was driving his car

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
It sounds to me that someone else was driving his car

My view is that its sounds more likely he was inebriated and crashed his vehicle and then went to relatives home and they wouldn't let him take car in his state and he became agitated

We shall see

Your scenario is possible but if it was merely someone else crashing his car why allegedly fight police and get K-9 treatment?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Press conference was just held

- Shermans car drove into construction zone (With workers)
- Hit a wall or obstruction at site then left site and took off with significant damage to vehicle (911 was called by it appears workers)
- Car abandoned half a mile away
- Sherman shows up an Inlaws house and tries to force entry after argument , 911 called
- Police arrive on scene officer who knew him from long ago tried to deascalate
- Situation escalated and K-9 ended up being used
- Sherman arrested and had blood drawn for intoxication test

And now this

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
This is ridiculous. Sherman is a great guy. He's a dick on the field but one of the few NFL players you can genuinely and simultaneously call an intelligent and good person.

Hopefully this doesn't stick.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
This is ridiculous. Sherman is a great guy. He's a dick on the field but one of the few NFL players you can genuinely and simultaneously call an intelligent and good person.

Hopefully this doesn't stick.

What is ridiculous? Hoping this doesn't stick , WTF?

If he was driving drunk and did all this he damn well better get held to account

Given his lack of criminal record it would most likely be lower charges on a plea deal with some probation + community service and likely counseling

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
My view is that its sounds more likely he was inebriated and crashed his vehicle and then went to relatives home and they wouldn't let him take car in his state and he became agitated

We shall see

Your scenario is possible but if it was merely someone else crashing his car why allegedly fight police and get K-9 treatment?
I didn’t read about the k-9 until now but I thought I had read that they found the car after they arrested him but that doesn’t mean it happened.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Well it was two different police forces (Highway at one , County at other) with two different scenes so its possible they connected dots on what happened after

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Now I am completely confused on timelines

Another 911 call this sounds like before incident at house in which Sherman is trying to run his wife off road , Then blocks her car in and and threatening to hurt her (According to her uncle) if she didn't put kids in car

He also says Sherman had a kitchen knife

Maybe this incident happened before crash which happened before house incident

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So if he was chasing her car trying to force it off road and threatening her before crash and house incident that raises even more issues potentially for Sherman and paints an even darker picture of this incident

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I didn’t read about the k-9 until now but I thought I had read that they found the car after they arrested him but that doesn’t mean it happened.
A while back a fire chief hit a car while intoxicated but he went home and the police showed up an hour or 2 later. By that time he just claimed he started drinking when he got home.

He got out of it because they couldn’t prove it, but we all know what happened.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
This is the worst. Shitfaced, suicidal and threatening? Fighting with cops?
This sounds like opposite-land from the Sherman we knew. I hope he steps back to level off and gets help because he's plainly going through something awful right now. I can barely believe he'd commit such dangerous behavior.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
This is the worst. Shitfaced, suicidal and threatening? Fighting with cops?
This sounds like opposite-land from the Sherman we knew. I hope he steps back to level off and gets help because he's plainly going through something awful right now. I can barely believe he'd commit such dangerous behavior.

.the Seattle O-lineman who was arrested for beating his S/O after going off his mental health medications got no such wishes to get healthy.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
.the Seattle O-lineman who was arrested for beating his S/O after going off his mental health medications got no such wishes to get healthy.

That guy was like a practice squad player, so no one was familiar with him and had no sense of his baseline personality. In fact most were barely aware of his presence on the team until he was arresting for doing something horrible. That's why it's more surprising with Sherman, he's very well known.

However once the knowledge of missed bipolar meds came to light, that seemed a monstrous flick of the switch also. These meds are not something you can just stop taking.

I hope this country begins to recognize how serious mental distress and illness are.

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
However once the knowledge of missed bipolar meds came to light, that seemed a monstrous flick of the switch also. These meds are not something you can just stop taking.

I hope this country begins to recognize how serious mental distress and illness are.

How exactly is someone deciding not to take their meds anyone but that person's fault?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad