Arrested: General Arrested/Conduct Thread Part 3

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Buzbee's precieved doucheiness on social media (the "I was a marine" thing, constant big talk) definitely comes off more as a way to draw attention away from the accusers. And perhaps to even allow more to feel empowered to speak up.

The man has an ego as large as the state he practices in but it's clear he knows exactly what he's doing. Making a point about how he's gotten death threats and how he doesn't give a damn is also evidence of that.

Respect for the dude honestly.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Agreed, but at the same time, it's time for the lawyer to start providing some hard evidence (and not some silly texts that tells us nothing). All he keeps saying is that more and more women are coming forward without bringing a shred of any evidence. This sounds like either a smear campaign or extortion.
I am all for letting the process play out here. The insiders are strangely quiet. It changes the work they’ll have to do since they’ve hyped up the trade demand.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Of course, where there's smoke, there's some fire. I'm just saying I'm ready to see some evidence before I make a determination as to how guilty Watson is.

Usually I would agree. I just can't think of a reason for why Watson would come into contact with all of these women other than that he is a creep and a predator looking for some prey. If he was just into massages or was looking for sexual encounters, a superstar like him with that type of money wouldn't have to stalk instagram in search of massage therapists. He could just hire the best of the best to work for him full-time or do business with certain agencies to make it happen.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Usually I would agree. I just can't think of a reason for why Watson would come into contact with all of these women other than that he is a creep and a predator looking for some prey. If he was just into massages or was looking for sexual encounters, a superstar like him with that type of money wouldn't have to stalk instagram in search of massage therapists. He could just hire the best of the best to work for him full-time or do business with certain agencies to make it happen.

I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting an attractive female masseuse to give you a massage if you're a guy. Of course, there's a line you can't cross once you're in that room and we don't know if Watson did cross that line.

Just looks incredibly sketchy to me that the lawyer, in an attempt to incriminate Watson, releases text messages sent by Watson that does nothing of that sort. Simply apologizing because you may have made her uncomfortable or asking if she does glutes is not an indication of any sexual assault going on.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
It’s hard to believe believe this many people are involved and have there be nothing. The Texans traded for Ryan Finley and gave a lot of money to Tyrod Taylor, they’re definitely preparing for Watson to not be there
You probably wouldn't pay Taylor $12.5 million to be your backup.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Agreed, but at the same time, it's time for the lawyer to start providing some hard evidence (and not some silly texts that tells us nothing). All he keeps saying is that more and more women are coming forward without bringing a shred of any evidence. This sounds like either a smear campaign or extortion.
Lawyers don't generally provide hard evidence before a trial/lawsuit, because then they lose client-lawyer privilege.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
he's not gonna have to worry about playing for the texans even if he doesn't want to.. he is probably gonna be playing no where now.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Lawyers don't generally provide hard evidence before a trial/lawsuit, because then they lose client-lawyer privilege.

Then what was the point of releasing those texts which provided no insight of any wrongdoings if for no other reason than trying to entice Watson into a private settlement? This was their goal and the lawyer has said as much.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Then what was the point of releasing those texts which provided no insight of any wrongdoings if for no other reason than trying to entice Watson into a private settlement? This was their goal and the lawyer has said as much.
Of course, the lawyer's goal is to win the case for their client, and a quick settlement is often preferred. Showing a little bit to the media now is designed to scare Watson that he should settle quickly to avoid more coming out at trial.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Of course, the lawyer's goal is to win the case for their client, and a quick settlement is often preferred. Showing a little bit to the media now is designed to scare Watson that he should settle quickly to avoid more coming out at trial.

The one thing that baffles me is why Watson wouldn't settle behind the scenes before this all came out. It actually sounds like he had a way out - no matter how cynical.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The one thing that baffles me is why Watson wouldn't settle behind the scenes before this all came out. It actually sounds like he had a way out - no matter how cynical.
Arrogance, ignorance, maybe he thought there would be no way to prove it, or he’s actually innocent. Who knows at this point.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008

I imagine if you're rich and famous, you have to deal with this stuff constantly. You can't just always throw money every time to make it go away. He probably doesn't believe that he's done anything wrong in this case.

Reactions: chicagoskycam

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Considering the current climate, you'd really have to be profoundly stupid and/or an easy mark for PR worms and lawyers to go down that road if there's actually anything there.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Settling implies guilt. He might fear that would result in a suspension and/or loss of endorsements.

However, sometimes it is better to lose that battle in order to win the overall war.

Because fighting it and being found liable in civil court can have far worse consequences.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I wonder why the women aren't opening a criminal complaint? Civil suits are more lenient on the burden of proof, but I find it odd that not even one of the women want to pursue a criminal conviction. Maybe the lawyer is advising them not to.

Chris5225

Dec 29, 2019
I wonder why the women aren't opening a criminal complaint? Civil suits are more lenient on the burden of proof, but I find it odd that not even one of the women want to pursue a criminal conviction. Maybe the lawyer is advising them not to.

The lawyer has stated that he will be providing all of their evidence to the police in a package.

Reactions: Static

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Criminal cases are not under the control of the victims. The state has to be willing to press charges. Some places might let citizens write complaints. Others require the police to move forward or not.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Settlement legally may not imply guilt, but does so in the court of public opinion.

If Watson has an open and shut defense, such as these women were in the "shadier" part of the business(meaning they're on places where some degree of sexual favor is the norm like bedpage, preferred411, etc) and the meeting was fully consensual, they don't even have a civil leg to stand on.

It is possible that if they are giving bodyrubs, that some other client could have been the actual perp but because Watson got dough, they simply attribute it to him instead.

The American system is a system designed for lawyers to profit off of. (Given the many of the founding fathers were knee deep in law, that is not a surprise)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad