TV: General Anime Discussion (Part 3)

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I keep telling myself I'll catch up on Monogatari. Fell behind after Nise.

Spring seems like a lot of sequels to things I haven't watched yet so I'll probably just... watch earlier seasons of some stuff. At least LWA will still be going.

Hopefully Granblue is alright. I'm guessing they'll just be doing the main story.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Found this funny even though I actually liked Neon Genesis Evangelion :laugh:. Not recommended for anyone who hasn't seen NGE. It's humor but still spoilerish IMO:

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Not sure why but I'm in the mood to watch another sad anime. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Might I recommend the following?

Now & Then, Here & There
Bokurano
Dog of Flanders

If you're really in the mood to be depressed...

Grave of the Fireflies

or if you really want to punish yourself...

Ringing Bell

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Finished Akame ga Kill recently and I quite enjoyed it. However, I do have some complaints about it. First and foremost, it should have been a series that expanded upon the world, society, battles, and the characters. There was SO MUCH potential that could have taken place to bring more emotional attachment towards them*. And not just on the protagonist sides, the Jaegers would have benefited from it as well. I'm not talking about going the route of Bleach, Naruto, or One Piece, but 70-80 episodes would have been sufficient.

* =
[spoil]Bringing background elements and full episodes of their stories when they joined either side before killing them off would bring any viewer closer to the story and adds a human element to it.[/spoil]

Second, some of the characters were quite useless like Najenda and some of the emotional connections seemed forced as Lubbock's love for her. This is one part where you're like, what the eff is this? There has been no relationship between the two until a random part when you know what will happen to Lubbock. I had the same issues with Wave and Kurome.

[spoil]I actually have no effin idea how Kurome die's. One more aspect which just seemed rushed and could have talked about it more. I have no idea if Chelsea's mission was successful or not against her.[/spoil]

I think the producers could have made Honest more devilish instead of seeing only one part of his side majority of the time. This would have been successful if they showed his inner thoughts much more or give him a more psychotic glimpses here and there.

For only being 24 or 26 episodes long, it was still well done and contributed effectively in caring what happened to the characters. Leone was one character who was quite enjoyable and what happened to her was very well done. Mine was awesome and I quite enjoyed all the Jaegers especially Esdeath. If he decided to have a tournament arc, that would have been awesome and it would have deeper implications to her feelings for Tatsumi.

One other aspect I enjoyed was the darkness about it, I read a bit on the manga and if my deduction is correct, the manga has a much different ending. A much happier ending which I show like this doesn't do justice to IMO. I quite enjoyed the ending in the anime and overall appeal that not every promise will be able to be fulfilled. The other concept I liked was that good prevailed, but it wasn't without a cost. It's not like a Disney movie where it is just good, good, good, good, evil, and then major good.

All the other parts of the show I enjoyed like the weapons and how each one is different. But it's also a show that after you finished it, you have a lot of wishes as I did. [7.5/10]

Now I will probably start Re/Zero sometime and I am quite hyped for it.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
I enjoyed AgK quite a bit. Poor bbies. I haven't looked into the manga at all so I'm not sure if the anime covered all of what it is but I would have liked it too be a bit longer too but oh well.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Spring season is gonna be sooo good

Boku no Hero S2
Attack on Titan S2
Saekano S2
Shingeki no Bahamut S2 (still need to get around finishing 1)
Danmachi spinoff?

And that's just continuing stuff and not even shows I haven't even really look at yet

Boku, Attack, & Shingeki will be awesome. Seems like a few of the new ones looking pretty good too. Been awhile since I have been looking forward to a new season

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
New Game S2 in summer... they do not seem to have named it New Game+ like they should have.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Attack on Titan is back :yo:

That episode though :handclap:

Pretty much don't eat anything when watching. Also definitly had to read up on the wiki to remember which wall was which and what happened in the last episode. The recap portion wasnt too bad but not the best.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Previously watched Ping Pong: The Animation and thought it was great. Recently finished watching Tatami Galaxy and it's incredible. Watching Kaiba right now and it's pretty much just as good.

Seems like everything Masaaki Yuasa touches turns to gold.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
It's always the yandere...adding her to the list

tumblr_oo0d6zIHgB1s4qvrdo1_540.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00