TV: General Anime Discussion (Part 3)

May 27, 2012
Earth
So...

I just finished season 3 of RWBY and it blew my freakin' mind. :amazed: Sucky part is I absolutely despise having to wait for episodes, so I can't watch season 4 until Spring when it's all wrapped up. As for season 3, I don't think it was perfect, as I was bit disappointed that they started the tournament right at the apex of it. I was quite sad that they didn't have more "teens having fun at school before having to become mature and get real jobs" scenes before the events which took place. But wow those events made this season the darkest yet and some legitimate tears came out at certain moments.

Thanks for the heads up, I think I will pass on those not because I think they suck or anything, but because I want to follow one linear storyline (which is UBW).

There's no such thing as a linear storyline in Fate.

UBW wont be expanded though as its based on a Visual Novel that has 3 different stories and the sequel to it follows none of those stories lol

It's 3 different paths. The story starts the same but at some point they each veer off somewhere and you get those 3 routes. Fate, UBW, and Heaven's feel.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I'll never forgive the man who created the Fate universe for taking an amazing concept (realized in Fate/Zero imo) and turning it into a ****ing eroge.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
There's no such thing as a linear storyline in Fate.
I didn't mean that way where I wanted to follow the creators storyline. I meant that I wanted to watch the different sequences to make my own linear storyline (if that makes sense). That's why I am waiting for a sequel for UBW and then choose why path I want.

UBW wont be expanded though as its based on a Visual Novel that has 3 different stories and the sequel to it follows none of those stories lol
Okay that makes sense, but what I meant as the sequel is the same characters at their older ages at the conclusion of UBW. I don't care about it having to follow the same events, just want three different storylines and then I get to choose which one I want to follow.

Coincidentally before reading this I just realized yesterday that season 4 is well underway.

I don't know though, I discovered this series during season 2, so once caught up was looking forward to season 3, but it just doesn't have the same charm for me without Monty. Seasons 1 and 2 were very fun with great action and easily re-watchable. Seasons 3 and 4 the budget went up and they're focusing more on world building and story, but a big drop in the action quality with the loss of Monty. I still like the series but it's lost that initial charm for me and I wouldn't re-watch the newer stuff anymore.
With all due respect, but you didn't like Winter vs Qrow? :amazed: I thought that was one of thee best fights of the series quite easily.

I think the concerns you have is fair and whatnot, but it seems that season 3 is one of those unique seasons where they also had to animate the tournament fights, which might have dragged down the overall season in action. However, I thought Ruby vs Neo and Torchwick was a pretty awesome sequence of action as well.

Personally for me, the show is too good to say things like its not re-watchable. I totally agree that season 3 isn't as good as the first two, but it is still amazing compared to other shows I've seen. I do miss Monty, but I consider it more of a travesty if they stopped the show instead of honouring his creativity IMO. Hell, they did bring his brother or somebody from his family to take over the voice creation of Ren. It seems that RT and Oum family are too close to just stop RWBY from being stopped because of an unfortunate occurrence. I totally get why they did it, but I got the feeling that the storyline advanced a bit too much in season 3, which made it seem less "charm" than the first two.

Psyfer

Mar 1, 2008
Toronto
I'll never forgive the man who created the Fate universe for taking an amazing concept (realized in Fate/Zero imo) and turning it into a ****ing eroge.

Well Fate Zero was written by Gen Urobuchi the guy who wrote Psych-Pass so it feels different then other fate stuff.

At least there is a version available of fate/stay night that is just a regular visual novel

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
With all due respect, but you didn't like Winter vs Qrow? :amazed: I thought that was one of thee best fights of the series quite easily.

I think the concerns you have is fair and whatnot, but it seems that season 3 is one of those unique seasons where they also had to animate the tournament fights, which might have dragged down the overall season in action. However, I thought Ruby vs Neo and Torchwick was a pretty awesome sequence of action as well.

Personally for me, the show is too good to say things like its not re-watchable. I totally agree that season 3 isn't as good as the first two, but it is still amazing compared to other shows I've seen. I do miss Monty, but I consider it more of a travesty if they stopped the show instead of honouring his creativity IMO. Hell, they did bring his brother or somebody from his family to take over the voice creation of Ren. It seems that RT and Oum family are too close to just stop RWBY from being stopped because of an unfortunate occurrence. I totally get why they did it, but I got the feeling that the storyline advanced a bit too much in season 3, which made it seem less "charm" than the first two.

No I did actually really like that fight, was the only point I re-watched. And I should add that I have a really high re-watch threshold, even if I really enjoy something it's rare that I'll want to watch/read/play it again. So this was meant as a compliment to the first two seasons, and not a criticism of the latter two.

And it's a subtle thing that I can't really explain but I really liked Monty Oum's fight animation/choreography. His Dead Fantasy fanwork was something I'd stumbled upon a long time ago, so I was pretty excited when I randomly found out he had his own original series called RWBY... this was literally two weeks before he died :(

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Hope they can maintain some quality for Little Witch Academia.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Anyone have shows they are watching or plan to watch for this season?

It's ACCA and Chain Chronicle for me as of right now.

Gabriel DropOut
Masamune-kun no Revenge
Little Witch Academia (movies were great)

Still need to watch the first of a couple more. Also been meaning to watch the first season of Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! since S2 started.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Gabriel DropOut
Masamune-kun no Revenge
Little Witch Academia (movies were great)

Still need to watch the first of a couple more. Also been meaning to watch the first season of Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! since S2 started.

Whoops. I forgot to mention Konosuba s2 as well.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Anyone have shows they are watching or plan to watch for this season?

As you all know, I am so far behind, but my plan is...

- Season 2 of Durararararara X2
- One Punch Man
- Re:Zero
- Dimension W
- Akame Ga Kill!

Which should bring me to Spring...

- Season 4 of RWBY
- Rin-Ne
- Death Note (going to re-watch it since my brother has never seen it)
- Going to check out Digimon as well.

Anybody know what's going on with Knights of Sidonia, Irregular at Magic Highschool, and Noragami? I am waiting for the next seasons' on Netflix, but haven't came in years for either one of them. I should just reinvest back into Crunchyroll, but short on cash currently.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Siren, so far looks alright.
Kuzu no Honkai is definitely something.
Little Witch Academia and Konosuba S2 has been great so far.

May 27, 2012
Earth

- One Punch Man
- Dimension W
- Akame Ga Kill!

- Season 4 of RWBY
- Rin-Ne

Anybody know what's going on with Knights of Sidonia, Irregular at Magic Highschool, and Noragami? I am waiting for the next seasons' on Netflix, but haven't came in years for either one of them. I should just reinvest back into Crunchyroll, but short on cash currently.

They are making a movie for Irregular at Magic Highschool. It's coming in summer '17 in Japan. When they finished season 2 of Noragami they ended at 40 chapters. They were 62 chapters at that point. After reading a bit, it seems people were surprised it even got a season 2. So I'm not sure about a season 3 as much as would like one tho.

I don't think Netflix has the rights to Noragmi anymore. Not sure about Knights of Sidonia since I haven't watched that.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Finished bleach Manga. I heard some stuff about it being rushed, clearly it was, but compared to the rest of the series it's actually a sensible pace.

Either way I'm glad it's over.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So this season I think has been disappointing. I dropped everything I started so far. Oh wells.

Spring season though.... oh boy.... it is shaping up to be a monster.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/season/2017/spring

Noteables:

Easy Watch:
Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2
Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season
Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul

Maybes
Quan Zhi Gao Shou
Clockwork Planet
Granblue Fantasy The Animation
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations (more nostalgia then anything)
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
So this season I think has been disappointing. I dropped everything I started so far. Oh wells.

Spring season though.... oh boy.... it is shaping up to be a monster.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/season/2017/spring

Noteables:

Easy Watch:
Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2
Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season
Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul

Maybes
Quan Zhi Gao Shou
Clockwork Planet
Granblue Fantasy The Animation
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations (more nostalgia then anything)
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria

What were you watching from this season?

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
What were you watching from this season?

Youjo Senki (might go back)
Fuuka
Chaos Child (might go back)
Chain Chronicle

I am not really into the "school girl, magical girl" stuff (nothing against it, just not my thing)

Exorcist I watched like 4 years ago, so I am pretty lost story wise to pick up the 2ns season.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
I like this season:

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu is an amazing one-of-a-kind anime
Konosuba 2 is hilarious
Little Witch Academia is pretty fun
Onihei is a decent samurai-spy series

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I like this season:

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu is an amazing one-of-a-kind anime
Konosuba 2 is hilarious
Little Witch Academia is pretty fun
Onihei is a decent samurai-spy series

I admit I am more selective then I used to be. I only watch 3-4 TOTAL a season, including those that keep running (DB Super for instance).

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I was watching some of ny older stuff and I think I feel confident in saying that Cowboy Bebop is my favorite anime. Also the best.

Finally found this thread, ty SEPH.

CB rocks. The music and the atmosphere/mood is top notch. Really digged that anime.

One poster asked wheter he/she should watch HxH. Definitely, do it!

Currently watching One Piece - episode ~260 atm. No spoilers please! I hope it keeps being awesome untill the end, whenever it is..

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland

- One Punch Man
- Dimension W
- Akame Ga Kill!

- Season 4 of RWBY
- Rin-Ne

Add FMA Brotherhood to that list ;)

One Punch Man was hilarious, you're gonna love it.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Lets see I'm still watching

Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
Gabriel DropOut

A few episodes behind on Masamune-kun's Revenge

Recently picked up BanG Dream!

I have not watched any of Iron Blooded Orphans since it came back. I really need to but only so much time for stuff. There's some others I want to watch too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad