TV: General Anime Discussion (Part 3)

Tenshi

Mar 9, 2017
Orleans, Ottawa
Yeah if you have a chance to see it in theaters definitely worth it.

I don't know the limit time in other theaters but in Ottawa it was originally only going to air until today but they decided to extend it through the long weekend due to popular demand. I suggest those who wish to in N-A must go soon!

May 27, 2012
Earth
I don't know the limit time in other theaters but in Ottawa it was originally only going to air until today but they decided to extend it through the long weekend due to popular demand. I suggest those who wish to in N-A must go soon!

This weekend? Hmm. I'm a few hours away.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Spring Seasons thoughts
Persona 5 counts too right?
Season 2 of My Hero Academia: oh my goodness its amazing. 2 Cours also, this is so hype.
Not really feeling Season 2 of AoT, will probably still watch it. The hype is just not there anymore.
SukaSuka and Grimoire of Zero also had strong first showings imo, will definitely pick up those two.
Re:Creators and Tsuki ga Kirei looks alright. Wait and see mode.
Sakurada Reset is so boring, will probably drop.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So I finished watching Re:Zero the other day and absolutely enjoyed the concept and everything about it. EXCEPT one aspect and that is Subaru.

This **** has to be the most annoying protagonist I've ever watched in any form of entertainment. For all people here who couldn't stand Emiya in Fate/Stay Night, Subaru is like twenty Emiya's for me. The emotional parts of the series were so dumb since majority of them involved Subaru's selfishness. I just couldn't get into it compared to Your Lie in April where they do a much better job.

Not all is bad, because I understand the producers did this to progress and mature the character. But it's SO ****ING force it's ridiculous. In the last arc of though, Subaru becomes matured when they fight the whale where the show shines brightly. This is one of the few parts where we actually get to see the show rise and the hype it relieved.

[spoil]I like the show's concept and have nothing against it. But I think it would have been better if it cycled between his real life and his fantasy. What I mean, is he was robbed and stabbed in real life, but to save his real life, he was transported to the fantasy world. The story finishes with him becoming a knight, maturing, and having to go back in time before the events started to save himself. I thought that would have been a better concept, but I quite like the Re:Zero and how he gets to re-live his life to the situation where this power wants to lead him too.

Reminds me a lot of Hunter x Hunter where there is a lot of potential in terms of the show's universe. Fighting against the Witches Cult and the White Whale are great examples that this show can really expand among its world. If I would have to guess, I think we'll see more about the far distant lands, knights, and witch when the new season comes out. The racism or hate crime was a good touch and added more than original. We see through Subaru's eyes that this fantasy world has much different customs, but with a human-esque touch like how people see Elfs and what not.

I was talking to one of my friends and she felt so sad for Rem considering what Subaru proposed to do and the outcome of what happened at the ending in terms of the confession.
[/spoil]

The characters were quite enjoyable even if none of them were original based on anime standards. Even with the negatives, I think the show overcome some of the aspects which made it bad and lived up to its hype. Now though, since Subaru is more mature and understands what needs to be done, I suggest it will have much more potential now in the upcoming season(s). 8/10.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
I couldn't continue to watch Re:Zero because of how ****ing annoying the main character was. He joins the fatty from Accel World in my top hated characters list.

Anyway, not anime (yet) but one of the few things that get me excited these days is new One-Punch Man chapters. Nothing matches OPM for me. It's that good. Real shame that new chapters take weeks to come out, though.

My Hero Academia is also good and it gets really hype at a certain point, which should be amazing in the anime, but the more recent stuff going on in the manga hasn't really held my interest. Add to the fact that it is just a shounen after all -- and not a HxH-type shounen, if you get what I mean.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Oh man. That whole sequence and episodes just before. Introduced to one of my favorite characters.

Oh yeah, the episodes before that moment were great.

Went to see Your Name today. What an excellent piece of art. Highly recommend for everyone.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
12 episode season that took 6 episodes for something to happen. They really should've done something to fix the manga's pacing issues.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Attack on Titan

[spoil]I was caught of guard when they where on the wall. When I was reading the sub, I was trying to read it all, including the people walking away. Next thing you know, I see Colossal Titan and Armoured titan casually dropped in convo. Had to go back 20 seconds to confirm it lol [/spoil]

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I couldn't continue to watch Re:Zero because of how ****ing annoying the main character was. He joins the fatty from Accel World in my top hated characters list.

At times it was almost unbearable so I totally get it, but if you stick with it, the last arc of the latest season (season 2 I believe) is quite awesome to watch.

Probably tremendously late to the party, but I did find this and this is pretty damn awesome (if you like Trance and/or House as I do).

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Finished RWBY season 4, the other day.

RandV, you're right that the fighting choreography has gone down hill. Sun and Blake's fight against the Dragon was quite pathetic.

Even the groups' fight against one of the Queen's dudes was not very good. The final bout against that Grimm creature was awesome though.

This season did an absolutely amazing job in regards to the storyline. We saw so many different factors from characters falling into despair, ones rising hope, others developing strength, ones running away, and ones who are scared. Seeing Ren and Nora's backstory and blooming relationship was awesome and added a lot to the season. It's elements like this which makes this show as my personal favourite.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Unrelated to your question, but do you or anyone else have any clue how long of a serie will db super be? Just curious :)

I don't know but it's one of the few I hope goes long. This DB series has had way less filler than previous and even the filler isn't half bad. Plus I love Beerus :laugh:

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Started watching Death Parade last night.
3 episodes in and I'm enjoying it so far. I have heard nothing but positive things about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad