Confirmed with Link: Gemel Smith - Waived by Boston 12/18

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Hoping to see Gemel play on the third line with Donato and Heinen

But wouldn't oppose to him centering Marchand/Pasta

Knowing that Cassidy is not much of a risk taker, likely Smith plays on the 4th line and Acciari or Wagner play on the third (facepalm)

Team needs some freakin goals....at least scare the other team on the offensive end sometimes

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I'd like to see three fights in three games Gemel

Would become an instant Bruin and would make front page of all media.

I can see it now- Gemel Smith Bruins new enforcer!

5'10 enforcers are a gem lol

I don't remember the last time , such a small enforcer in the league

This team needs a spark in the worse way. The wood pieces are drenched in rain, thats how hard its been to start a fire

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011

Knowing that Cassidy is not much of a risk taker, likely Smith plays on the 4th line and Acciari or Wagner play on the third (facepalm)

Team needs some freakin goals....at least scare the other team on the offensive end sometimes
Like I've said earlier I think Cassidy has two left feet.

Much of this slump I feel is Cassidy's fault for not motivating the players properly and being too conservative with the forwards.

Undo the leash Bruce and let these guys play hockey!

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Knowing that Cassidy is not much of a risk takl, likely Smith plays on the 4th line and Acciari or Wagner play on the third (facepalm)

(Side note, hit like button when meant to reply, no slight intended!)

Smith really isn't a scorer, though- third line would work, top line, not so much. When I saw him with Stars, he seemed to be a wing a lot of the time. I like him on a 4th line with Kuraly and Wagner. They could be really good with size, speed, hitting, agitating. Unless Smith has some real untapped potential that the Bruins can get out of him, this is probably his best role and spot.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Did you watch the game last night? Heinen was the only one who did anything last night on that line. Kuraly could not even catch a pass cleanly.

I’m not a big Donato fan, but I have stated a couple of times I thought he looked better last night. Because I’m not ordinarily a fan, can I not be objective?

I'm sorry GD, but it's December and I'm tired of hearing how players 'did anything' not just Heinen. It seems every game us fans have to look for silver linings on these players that just aren't scoring at all in months on any consistent top 9 level. These prospects seem to all have hit a wall or (even worse) their ceiling.

Lets hope it's a wall and next year will be better.

Start scoring at the NHL level more than once a month or Sweeney should find NHL talent that can.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
You don't have to be tall to fight.

At least we know he's a team guy and is tough and will not back down from anyone!

I know I know...just saying, its not everyday you see a 5'10 or smaller guy fight guys that are much taller/bigger

So I'm digging his fearlessness

And this mentality could be just what the doctor ordered. Even if the other team are faster and more skilled. Don't let this bring you to your knees (which has happened recently vs the Leafs, Tampa, Panthers etc)

I do miss that 2011 team that won the cup. It had talent but wasn't the most talented nor quickest team. But man did it have balls.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Well here it is - practice lines

Marchand - Krejci - Pastrnak
Heinen - Cave - Backes
Donato - JFK - Nordstrom
Smith - Kuraly - Wagner

Krug - Carlo
Grzelcyk - McAvoy
Moore - Kampfer

Last edited:

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Then they can start a new thread and ***** about what a bust he is

Lets just see the kid play.We know he can skate and we know he plays with passion and has a bit more hands then what we have on bottom.Lets just hope the kid earns some ice and our approval.If he is bad well nothing lost and at least Donny tried to help bottom line.My bet is Acciari days are over soon.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Lets just see the kid play.We know he can skate and we know he plays with passion and has a bit more hands then what we have on bottom.Lets just hope the kid earns some ice and our approval.If he is bad well nothing lost and at least Donny tried to help bottom line.

Right. The point is they’re taking a flyer on this kid and they have literally nothing to lose and everything to gain. But to expect Gemel Smith to come in here and be an incarnation of PJ Stock is just setting up expectations of failure

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Lets just see the kid play.We know he can skate and we know he plays with passion and has a bit more hands then what we have on bottom.Lets just hope the kid earns some ice and our approval.If he is bad well nothing lost and at least Donny tried to help bottom line.My bet is Acciari days are over soon.

Yep- it was a no risk move, aside from an almost league minimum cap hit. He can't be any worse than what is there on the 4th line already, and my feeling from having seen him play is that he is an upgrade at least over Acciari.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Right. The point is they’re taking a flyer on this kid and they have literally nothing to lose and everything to gain. But to expect Gemel Smith to come in here and be an incarnation of PJ Stock is just setting up expectations of failure

No he is not that .But it is nice to know he will not take anyones crap at least.He is an energy guy not a fighter

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Some of the bottom 6 or 9, or hell I don't know who is where any more, are playing hard, but there is room to elevate things a notch or two with a few of the guys IMO. I'm not expecting Smith to come in and pick up scoring slack. He's actually a below-average overall NHL player. What I'm hoping he does is play with ridiculous energy and show some of the kids what hustle and hard play truly is. If he is able to come in and contribute in that way with the kids then it would be beneficial, even if he doesn't stick on the roster for the rest of the season. And I'm hoping he does play well enough to help the Bs out and does stick on the roster. Probably won't do enough to warrant sticking on the roster long-term, but you never know, especially given the current personnel on the team.

Reactions: Strafer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad