OT: Geek Haven: Comic Books, Comic Book movies, RPG's, Star Wars etc thread

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
July 7, 1996. It’s a day that will forever live in infamy in the world of professional wrestling and one that helped herald in a boom period in the industry, the likes of which many organizations have been trying in vain to replicate for much of the past two and a half decades.

The night of July 7, 1996 was when the New World Order was born.

Eric Bischoff New World Order NWO - TSN.ca

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Transformers: War for Cybertron: Kingdom Trailer 2.

War-For-Cybertron-Kingdom-Trailer-17.jpg

War-For-Cybertron-Kingdom-Trailer-18.jpg

War-For-Cybertron-Kingdom-Trailer-12.jpg

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
The Thanos copter is now part of the MCU!

Now THAT is an Easter Egg!

Probably not one of Marvel’s best comic stories ha ha.

I still own a copy of the first Thanos appearance (Iron Man 55). I wonder how much my old collection is even worth these days.

Reactions: Guardian17

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Now THAT is an Easter Egg!

Probably not one of Marvel’s best comic stories ha ha.

I still own a copy of the first Thanos appearance (Iron Man 55). I wonder how much my old collection is even worth these days.
To be fair, that was from an issue of "Spidey Super Stories" and was was never meant to be anything but a goofy children's story. That comic was marketed towards 7 year olds and was co-branded with The Electric Company.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Dunno if this is the right place.. But a year ago I saw a trailer for a sci-fi movie out of the 80s (possibly 70s) that just struck me as the inspiration of James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy. A rag tag team of scoundrels who team up to do good. The main guy even kinda looked like Pratt!

Anyone have any idea what this could be? The title was short, perhaps "The" and then one or two words...

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Dunno if this is the right place.. But a year ago I saw a trailer for a sci-fi movie out of the 80s (possibly 70s) that just struck me as the inspiration of James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy. A rag tag team of scoundrels who team up to do good. The main guy even kinda looked like Pratt!

Anyone have any idea what this could be? The title was short, perhaps "The" and then one or two words...

The Ice Pirates?

5bb450a52400005100560b71.jpeg

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Dolores Claman, the woman behind the catchy tune that used to introduce CBC's "Hockey Night in Canada" broadcasts, has died at 94.

Claman was working for Maclaren Advertising in 1968 when she was hired to write the theme song that opened CBC's "Hockey Night in Canada" broadcasts.

She never expected the song, often called Canada's second anthem, to become as successful as it did.

"I wanted my name on it because I was watching hockey and at the end they say 'lighting by' and 'best boy.' I phoned CBC and wrote to somebody (there). They wouldn’t give it to me. They saw no reason why."

She eventually negotiated the credit before licensing rights for the beloved track were sold to CTV in 2008, when Claman and the music agency representing her were unable to negotiate a deal with CBC’s sports division.

Hockey Night in Canada theme song Dolores Claman - TSN.ca

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I think this is the right forum, because I geek myself TF out of this movie every time it's on.

Be honest, HFJets fans: is there a better ending to ANY sports movie than this?

Reactions: Guardian17

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Has anyone here watched both the Clone Wars and Bad Batch? How would you compare them quality wise in terms of the storyline?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad