OT: Geek Haven: Comic Books, Comic Book movies, RPG's, Star Wars etc thread

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Anyone got some Alpha Flight comics they want to sell?

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

I'm not selling my issues, but, you can try Cover To Cover / Bookshelf on Portage Avenue if you live in Winnipeg.

If not, type Alpha Flight in the search bar on Instagram and you find lots of posts of businesses selling issues of Alpha Flight.

Reactions: Hunter368

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Galaxy Comics on Hendersen Hwy has a large stock of back issues, Alpha Flight should be plentiful. If the flea markets on Ellice or Osborne were still open that would be my suggestion to go to. There are usually vendors selling comics at reasonable prices. Maybe later this year they will be able to open up again.

Reactions: Hunter368

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I'll check and see if I have Alpha Flight issues around. I can't remember if I sold those off or not.

For others, if anyone is looking for specific titles I'm getting rid of pretty much all of my comics. They generally span the era from 1984-92. Predominantly Marvel and DC.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I'll check and see if I have Alpha Flight issues around. I can't remember if I sold those off or not.

For others, if anyone is looking for specific titles I'm getting rid of pretty much all of my comics. They generally span the era from 1984-92. Predominantly Marvel and DC.

Sure let me know, but I think you don’t have any based on the last time I grabbed some comics from you I asked then. But by all means check, love to get some.

RCAFguy

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
I had a very extensive comic collection back in the day. Anyone remember Valiant comics? Had them all. As well as all of Todd Macfarlane's Spider Man before he went with Spawn. MJ and Peter marriage issues was another. Alas, I sold the entire collection for bar money and hockey cards....

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
My comic book collection was about 8000+ issues at once point, I had about 35 long boxes full. I was pretty close to completing full runs of Uncanny X-Men and Avengers from mid silver age to 2003ish and a respectable collection of Amazing Spider-Man when the hobby started feeling overwhelming and I started selling them off on e-bay. I had a lot of key issues like Hulk 181 (first Wolverine), Giant Size X-Men #1, New Mutants #98 (first Deadpool). I worked at a comic book store for awhile and I got to handle some really cool stuff, we had a Fantastic Four #1, Amazing Fantasy #15 and Amazing Spider-Man #1 come through the door and even being able to hold 3 iconic comics like that was a moving experience for me haha.

I really wish I had kept that Hulk 181 and New Mutants 98 lol

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Waited over a year and finally got a comic accurate costume!

uJxg2d8t_o.jpg

cc34773ceb09b33932dd5335722009bf60d2168d.gifv

Reactions: buggs

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
According to The Illuminerdi, Marvel is moving forward on a new feature titled The Mutants which will finally introduce the X-Men to the MCU. Details are few and far between, but Feige is said to be heading up the project as producer.

X-MEN Reboot THE MUTANTS Reportedly In Development At Marvel Studios

Interesting title, because that was what the X-Men comic book was going to be called when it debuted in 1963, but Martin Goodman didn't like it so Stan Lee changed it to X-Men. "New Mutants" was kind of an homage to that. Not really as bankable as the X-Men name, though.

Reactions: Guardian17

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Very memorable individual for me. Live and Let Die was the first Bond movie I ever saw, at the Airliner Drive In with my parents. His name was so unique to me that it just stuck out and became noticeable. RIP.
He played a pretty great Bond villain (albeit a bit stereotypical). The Parker - Brett friendship was a highlight of Alien, he and Harry Dean Stanton had great on screen chemistry.

Last edited:

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
He played a pretty great Bond villain (albeit a bit stereotypical). The Parker - Brett friendship was a highlight of Alien, he and Harry Dean Stanton had great on screen chemistry.
While I love the Bond franchise, I'd have to ask if there's anything not cliché or stereotypical in the vast majority, if not all, of the movies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad