U18: GDT WJC quarterfinals

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
US probably favourites for the gold as it seems, but i wasn't massively impressed by their game against Sweden. That wasn't really a 6-1 game at all. I thought Sweden controlled that game for most of the time but they let up a couple of easy goals while they weren't able to execute.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Saarela, Kokkonen and Räsänen are big disappointments for me in this tournament. Hopefully the young lions can give USA something to worry about in the next period. But that seems unlikely. The american offensive are like concords flying against commercial planes. Even Spencer Knight looks focused and calm as hell. Sad but true.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Sweden will advance to the finals against the winner of this quarter. Now it looks like it will be USA.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Saarela, Kokkonen and Räsänen are big disappointments for me in this tournament. Hopefully the young lions can give USA something to worry about in the next period. But that seems unlikely. The american offensive are like concords flying against commercial planes. Even Spencer Knight looks focused and calm as hell. Sad but true.

Knight is future NHL goalie and what Taponen is yeah no-one can't say that yet.
The gap between USA and Finland goalies in this age group ( 2001) is that huge as it is now.

Reactions: king89

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Who is the Finnish commentator ? He is very professional, understand the game and seems to know a lot of interesting stuff. This guy should be commentating more often.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Knight is future NHL goalie and what Taponen is yeah no-one can't say that yet.
The gap between USA and Finland goalies in this age group ( 2001) is that huge as it is now.

Jääkiekkolehti pointed out recently that the fact our best goalie coaches now work for KHL clubs has left a mark on the our junior goalies. The depth and talent isn't there anymore.

Reactions: Svedu

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Seriously, the Finnish PP says how bad and insecure this coaching staff is. Kokkonen should not play in PP. They should play with a forward as quarterback because the Finnish defenders seem to crap their pants when the yanks are putting some pressure.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Jääkiekkolehti pointed out recently that the fact our best goalie coaches now work for KHL clubs has left a mark on the our junior goalies. The depth and talent isn't there anymore.

Interesting because Russia are having the most exciting goalie prospects out there nowadays. We have two, Luukkonen and Vehviläinen.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Not a good showing for Anton Lundell at all. Getting annihilated in the DZ and on the dot.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
This team has made more individual mistakes than any finnish team ever. There are couple of defenders on this team who should never backskate with those woodlegs.

Fair play to USA, really deadly team and deserves gold medal after being so close for couple of years now.

Reactions: Jussi and Svedu

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Saarela is a ghost. Has not managed to bring anything. First line my ass.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Sign of a great team and coaching when you get more anxious than happy when your team gets PP

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
How many times have Finland's defenders allowed a breakaway on the offensive blue line? I feel it's a lot by now...

Reactions: Svedu

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
3on2 for Finland and one guy tries some deke between americans legs. This is very bizarre Finnish team.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Not a good showing for Anton Lundell at all. Getting annihilated in the DZ and on the dot.
And offensively he is very uncreative player. I think this tournament has revealed his weaknessess as a player and I'd be really surprised if he goes top-10 next year. He just lacks skill and creativity you have to have nowadays to be a impactful player.

Reactions: Vesperia

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Jack Hughes is amazing but he has made alot of turnovers trying to showcase his skills. In the NHL the turnovers from tonight are likely to turn into fast counter rush! He needs to use his skills little more effectively!

Reactions: NinjaKick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad