U18: GDT WJC quarterfinals

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I'm worried about our next U20 team if Lundell is the one that is going to lead the team...

But then again, if the coaching is pure garbage like this u18 team has had, i´t won't matter which players you have.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Can we play next season first before thinking that where Lundell goes in 2020 draft goddammit.
One bad U18 WJC tournament won't make Lundell 2020 NHL draft bust understood?.
My views are from much bigger sample size than just this U18 tournament. I just think he has always been physically mature and that has deluded people into thinking he is a top-3 pick in his draft when he has managed to do solid against people older than him. But I don't think he has ever really destroyed any leagues or competition he has been in.

He is still a good player in the future, propably just not in the top-6 material.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
My views are from much bigger sample size than just this U18 tournament. I just think he has always been physically mature and that has deluded people into thinking he is a top-3 pick in his draft when he has done solid against people older than him. But I don't think he has ever really destroyed any leagues or competition he has been in.

So if player wants to be TOP3 .or TOP10 NHL draft pick he must first destroy SM liiga to earn that draft position?
WOW i didn't know you have crystal ball where you can watch what-kind player Lundell will be.

Did Lundell pee your morning cereals because there has to be a reason why you hate him.
As HIFK fan i can say that there is reason why Lundell was SM liiga regular this season.

If he would have been as bad as you say he wouldn't have played any SM liiga games this year.
So tell me why Lundell played in SM liiga this season instead of mestis?
PS it's better be excellent explanation and nothing bullshit jargon

Last edited:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Yeah, Lundell possibly isn't going to even be in top 10. In all honesty, it's looking possible that he's going to be surpassed by another player as the top Finnish prospect in 2020. Lundell has some good attributes but he just lacks that gamebreaking quality.

Reactions: king89

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Sweden-USA it is and will we see an upset? I believe so, i actually do. But this US team is the best team without doubt. Hats off.
Holy shit! Did I miss the Czech/Sweden game? I have my beer and popcorn ready and thought it started an hour from now? It is already over? What was the score? Congrats to Sweden for their sudden victory!

Reactions: kudla

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
My views are from much bigger sample size than just this U18 tournament. I just think he has always been physically mature and that has deluded people into thinking he is a top-3 pick in his draft when he has managed to do solid against people older than him. But I don't think he has ever really destroyed any leagues or competition he has been in.

He is still a good player in the future, propably just not in the top-6 material.
The problem with this argument is that it's so arbitrarily applied. Yeah, it's probably true on some level. But it's true for many other projected top 15 picks than Lundell, and he's probably not even the worst offender, but he's gotten farther on what he has than most of the others to whom it might be applied. I also feel like this argument wouldn't be applied if he was say, 5'8" 185", as opposed to 6'1" 185, when in fact, the shorter guy has just as much of a muscle advantage as the taller guy, and even the advantage of a lower center of gravity. Furthermore, as the taller guy at the same weight he has more frame to fill out left. Some prospects legit have a lot that they could fill out, both in strength and explosiveness, like say Lucas Raymond on Jean-Luc Foudy, but many other guys are just as close to their ceilings as Lundell, maybe more. It's incredibly difficult to do what he's already done this season. If I'm going to discount that, I want to be fair and discount everyone who also physically matured before their counterparts. At which point, I think there is still a very strong case that he's in the top 3.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Swedes will crush the Czechs. Without the brightest prospects and Dostal or Skarek in the net i can´t buy the 50/50 argument.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
With Söderström out, and Holtz+Raymond not clicking it really is unpredictable.
I've got Sweden 80-20 but I will cheer to the end! I like this team (hate the coach) and while I don't think Czechs can win a gold I do think they'll leave everything and put up a good fight. Plus, the quarters have been boring.. we need a good match! I was surprised the Finns fell so easily but, even despite the lousy tourney, their program is amazing and they are doing everything right!

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Nybeck is f***ing fantastic. Best swedish forward overall with his limited icetime.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
So if player wants to be TOP3 .or TOP10 NHL draft pick he must first destroy SM liiga to earn that draft position?
WOW i didn't know you have crystal ball where you can watch what-kind player Lundell will be.

Did Lundell pee your morning cereals because there has to be a reason why you hate him.
As HIFK fan i can say that there is reason why Lundell was SM liiga regular this season.

If he would have been as bad as you say he wouldn't have played any SM liiga games this year.
So tell me why Lundell played in SM liiga this season instead of mestis.
PS it's better be excellent explanation and nothing bull**** jargon
Why does it always seem like you have a stick up in your arse when you write something here? :laugh:

Reactions: king89

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad