U18: GDT WJC quarterfinals

king89

Dec 4, 2018
I think Finland can upset, but then the defense needs to step up big time.

Mysteric1000

Feb 13, 2019
Its pretty odd situation to see two dynasties at this age group playing against each other in poffs outside the gold medal game. That also means that "one less expected" team will get to that game. (Ofc the age groups never go hand to hand, but both have contender lvl roster this year aswell)

If I had to choose who will win tonight, I'll give edge to USA, due to their unique chemistry and they have played whole ssn together and they have lots of skills and firepower up front and how they have played so far in this tournament.

Finland has also players that have been together and camped together since last summer, so the group knows each other, but have we grown enough in this tournament as a team that we stand a chance? Ofc anything is possible and if we have one thing we can use as a powersource is that we met the bottom before Switzerland game that gave us "a second chance". I wonder how much these youngsters can get advantage of that confidence and good energy and bring that to the ice. I bet its a big advantage that we havent had easy tournament. I dunno if USA hasnt struggled yet to show their absolute winning spirit, but ofc they have their chances to do so aswell tonight.

I wish Finland wuld win it, but somebody in me says its going to be one hell of a thriller as its always been between these two top dogs and little marginals turns for US favor.

3-2 for USA in OT.

Reactions: MattiasSnall

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Oh my days that Finnish team and it´s defense is pure shit. Such a easy goal in a quarter. Give me a f*cking break.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
2-0 and it will be over 100%. Players like Räsänen, Pärssinen and Petman needs to play physical. Lundell and Puistola are trying to create something at least. Hopefully Leevi can give us some counter attacks. C´mon pojat!

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Americans are just to quick for them. Knight is to good to give up an easy goal as well.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
OMFG!!!!!!! PERKELE! THIS DEFENSE AND TAPONEN WILL GIVE 5-6 GOALS IN THIS FIRST PERIOD! So easy goals as well! Saarela needs to step up as well! Puistola and Lundell can´t do everything.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
The Finnish defense has been s*it through out this tournament. They stare in every situation and forget to skate with the opponents attackers. God damn.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Breathtaking how bad the Finnish defense is. I know, the american attacks are speedy and creative but still. They have no clue what to do.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Maybe Canada

I don't think Canada has the speed to keep up with the US. They'll have to rely on being able to grind it out, which will be a tough task with this group of players. They seem to have slow starts and then heat up. A slow start vs this US team could put them in to big of a hole to climb out of.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad