GDT: Winnipeg returns to the NHL OFFICIAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
"According to TSN Insider Bob McKenzie, the team in Winnipeg will play in the Southeast Division in the Eastern Conference for one year before the league realigns."

Article states they will play in the Southeast Division for 1 year before realignment. That's gonna make travel interesting. Why wait the year? Realign this summer. Its not like their short on time.

The schedules and everything had to be set. Teams have to set travel plans etc etc. The schedule is decided faster than many think.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
In my opinion, that only means that the NHL expects more movement sooner than later. Why realign the divisions now if they will change again for the 2012-2013 season?

The schedules and everything had to be set. Teams have to set travel plans etc etc. The schedule is decided faster than many think.

The league re-aligned when the Nordiques moved to Denver...and wasn't made official until July. By this time, Peter Karmanos made it public during the whole following season that he was not keeping the Whalers in Hartford, and when that season ended, nothing was official even then. Keep in mind, I'm talking about being official, not speculating, not "well it's probably going to happen, even though we have to remake the entire schedule when these teams finally move." When the Nordiques moved, they had a schedule, and re-alignment, and it was all done at a later date than now.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I wan to hear a "***** YOU GARY!" chant. LOL That'd be so awesome.

People have to realize that Bettman doesn't make the decisions half the time he just does what the BOG want him to do. They hire the commissioner he works for them...he just takes the heat but really it's the BOG let things fly or stop them in there tracks. It was the BOG who told Gary look...this Balsillie guy yeah...we don't like him at all look at the way he's doing things. Bettman then followed suit and went to the media and did his thing. Bettman has made one huge error and that was expanding into the south. Other than that every other issue has been done by the BOG. Bettman gets too much credit for the leagues mishaps.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
I'm happy for Winnipeg fans. They have waited a long time for this.

Very sad for Atlanta fans. I still think Atlanta is a good (and important) NHL market and the fans deserve better than ASG gave them.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
RT @Proteautype: Gary Bettman is rumored to be flying to Winnipeg now. Apparently, he is being delivered there by a flock of winged pigs.

I think so, I do remember that the NHL made two schedules one for ATL and one for Winnipeg so they are well prepared.

Are we sure? That wouldn't satisfy their sloth sins for not re-aligning.

jorbjorb

hello.
Dec 28, 2010
i knew it was going to be atlanta!!!!

LET'S BRING HOME THE CUP. GO JETS OR FALCONS!!

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Will be bringing you pics and video from the Forks throughout the day and the guys are heading down to Tavern United to broadcast throughout the day live for Sports Radio 1290.

With the NHL's return to Winnipeg Illegalcurve.com is would like to become the #1 source for team News.

Jets-Montage.jpg

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
This is great to hear. Finally the NHL is back in Winnipeg after many years of waiting. Congrats to Winnipeg, this is something you deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad