GDT: Winnipeg returns to the NHL OFFICIAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Can't believe this is happening! Great for the city of Winnipeg!

Although I do believe it should be Phoenix moving and not Atlanta, apparently the NHL feels otherwise.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Congrats winnipeg.. I didn't think it would happen, but it did! Now someone please bring back the expos.

Well, bring back baseball to Montreal. Unless it's the current Washington Nationals moving to Montreal, a new baseball team in Montreal should not be called the Expos.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
According to Dreger, David Thomson flew on the same plane as TSN.

17 billion dollars and he still chooses to fly commercial. Wow.

badinsults

TWO WEEKS
Mar 15, 2011
Canberra, Australia
Hopefully they are able to land, sounds like it is pretty windy in Winnipeg today.

I'm debating whether or not to stay up for the announcement (it will be at 2 am here!). Wish I could be at the Forks!

Fidel Astro

Aug 26, 2010
Winnipeg, MB
www.witchpolice.com
Does anyone know where the press conference is happening? I'm assuming MTS Centre and I'm also assuming it's closed to the public, but all of the reports I've seen have been very vague.

I work downtown, though, so I'm taking an early lunch and heading down to either the Forks or Portage and Main to check out the festivities first-hand.

Very excited.

Retail1LO*

According to Dreger, David Thomson flew on the same plane as TSN.

17 billion dollars and he still chooses to fly commercial. Wow.

Well...I'm sure there's a reason for that. They can use the time in flight to discuss how they want things to proceed.

Pinchy

Oct 19, 2008
Congrats Winnipeg fans. I'm very happy another Canadian team is coming home.

Don't let them get away again!

Ripper

Sep 19, 2006
Team Name

Who cares what the name is...holy sh*& they are back, I am rubbing my eyes...I can't see through the wetness......this is truly unbelievable!
Even though I have not lived in the Peg for many years I always held on the the Jets and the dream that the NHL would return, and you know what....dreams really do come true!

If you are at the Forks celebrating today just know that there are thousands who can't be there in body but feel us around you in spirit. If you listen closely enough you will hear the chant of "Go Jets Go"...."Go Jets Go"....."Go Jets Go".............and it will be coming from all corners.

As Cherry would say, have a couple pops for me!

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Congrats Winnipeg!! I'm so pumped for you guys. Another Canadian team which is well deserved. I'm definitely going to be watching this!! Luckily I have the day off work today ;)

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
I have a buddy who works at an office tower at Portage and Main, he just sent me a picture of one lone soldier in a Jets jersey saluting passing vehicles with a pepsi.

BackstrOvi

May 28, 2011
Great for Winnipeg and its fans, I hope this will mean a return of the Nordiques sooner or later !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad