GDT: The who care edtion @ prudentail vs some team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The biggest positive out of this game is that we scored 2 goals.

I thought it would be another 1 goal game or shutout for Padzilla.

He did us a favor by allowing the second goal to Kalinin, which was worse than anything Kinkaid allowed tonight. Hope he gets lit up in the playoffs. They can probably still get through round 1 with the wet fish opponent coming their way. A Boston team that's spinning out and will be lucky to get in at this point, or a Detroit team that's just whatever.

But Detroit did almost beat them last year in round 1.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
At this point the ability to find positives with this team is usually inversely proportional to who's actually watching it. I look at the team better not having watched the last three waste games :P (and I did have other things to do at least two of them, the other I had it on but was barely paying attention)

Of course I will have to watch Saturday, they'd better beat the stupid Maple Leafs at least. And it is fair to call out the team for a dissapointing effort to end the season although on some level I always expect a sag in effort the first few games after being eliminated from the playoffs. And the roster's not the greatest. But for most of the season Hynes was on top of the effort level, it evidently hasn't been there since the last two periods in Carolina.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Apparently Sergei scored those two goals with representatives from the Russian National team present. That's nice for him. Now next year we just have to tell him there are Russian National Team representatives at every game. ;)

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Apparently Sergei scored those two goals with representatives from the Russian National team present. That's nice for him. Now next year we just have to tell him there are Russian National Team representatives at every game. ;)

I think Kalinin can be useful as a steady 4th liner.

He hit a wall after around 50 games, not used to the grind of the long NHL schedule.

Pietila-Kalinin-DSP, not a bad 4th line in this league.

Though I still think DSP will be able to develop into a 3rd liner.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey

He hit a wall after around 50 games, not used to the grind of the long NHL schedule.

I like Kalinin's game in a fourth line (or in a pinch, third line) capacity. He has size and mostly knows what he needs to do when it comes to crashing the net. Just wish he had a little more of a finishing touch when it comes to scoring, but I like him on the fourth line better than most of the other forwards who have played that role for the team the past few years. It would be nice if next year Kalinin could be slotted in the right spot on the depth chart.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
by popular demand (because i hate to disappoint you all), a positive post from fjg. Three positives from this game:

1) kalinin scored two goals. That's cool. Happy for him. He put forth a good effort.
2) still like boucher. He has some good offensive instincts. Just needs some more honing on the defensive end of things, but he's made progress in his all-around game this season. With more experience, that can continue to grow.
3) still like larsson and severson. Both are good young players, which is why i try not to rip into either of them too much when there are so many other targets on the team.

That's my three positives. It is recommended that those of you who like positive fjg only read this post and wait for a full return of optimistic fjg.

I like this more

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space

Kalinin-JJ-DSP imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad