GDT: The who care edtion @ prudentail vs some team

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
This is my beef with the vets on this team. I don't really pin it on Greene. They guy is as consistent as you could want a player.

But Henrique is a damn dog for half the games and a beast for the other half of every year.

Zajac isn't as bad, but there are plenty of games where he is offensively invisible.

Henrique needs to be more consistent, at least in his effort, if not in his production. Similiar thing for Zajac. Greene normally is consistent, so I won't get on him. Everyone has bad nights, and this team relies on him and Larsson a ton. Greene, Larsson, and Schneider I really don't want to complain about, since this team asks way more than is fair of them.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kinkaid gets a C- for me for an end of season grade.

And that's a very generous grade IMO. I'm only giving him a C- over a D because he had to step in and play all those games while Cory was injured, which he otherwise wouldn't have played all those games consecutively.

I don't see any starter potential there, I'm not even sure if I see him as an NHL backup after this season.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
That whole thing leading up to the ENG is why I haven't been watching games.

Just not worth the aggravation.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Henrique needs to be more consistent, at least in his effort, if not in his production. Similiar thing for Zajac. Greene normally is consistent, so I won't get on him. Everyone has bad nights, and this team relies on him and Larsson a ton. Greene, Larsson, and Schneider I really don't want to complain about, since this team asks way more than is fair of them.

Are you trying to suggest Henrique takes games off? Give me a break. He is streaky but you can't just attribute that to effort, he consistently brings solid defensive play. Why does that area of his game not suffer?

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
if you thought this team was going to make the playoffs, you did not have realistic expectations.

This isn't even about the playoffs. It's about not ending the year on an insanely long losing streak. It's about playing with effort and pride, but unfortunately only about five Devils know the meaning of those words, so we see this pathetic stretch to end the season. At least we might end up with a high draft pick because of our total tank job to end the year.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Are you trying to suggest Henrique takes games off? Give me a break. He is streaky but you can't just attribute that to effort, he consistently brings solid defensive play. Why does that area of his game not suffer?

If you don't see Henrique do his invisible man act, I think you are a bit biased, and I say that as someone who likes Rico, but he can be better than he is. Needs to higher his standards.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
This isn't even about the playoffs. It's about not ending the year on an insanely long losing streak. It's about playing with effort and pride, but unfortunately only about five Devils know the meaning of those words, so we see this pathetic stretch to end the season. At least we might end up with a high draft pick because of our total tank job to end the year.

Careful you might get in trouble for using the T word.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

If she's not, I am. Yes, he takes games off. Even defensively.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
pretttttty sure we have bigger fish to fry than to call out one of the only decent forwards we've got for his effort in a meaningless game.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
If you don't see Henrique do his invisible man act, I think you are a bit biased, and I say that as someone who likes Rico, but he can be better than he is. Needs to higher his standards.

I said he is streaky, but again, you can't just attribute that to effort. There are players who are streaky and it can be for a variety of reasons (confidence, etc.). Is he lazy in his back check, defensive play, PK? No. I'm not biased, and if anything I'm one of the least biased people here.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
At this point I think Rico is what he is. He can score 25+ goals a year, but he's also going to be ice cold for stretches.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
pretttttty sure we have bigger fish to fry than to call out one of the only decent forwards we've got for his effort in a meaningless game.

Well, hopefully we discard about half our forward roster, so he'd be one of the few forwards in our long term plans. That means we'd like to see him do better, whereas we have no hope about most of the other forwards.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kinkaid wasn't terrible this year, but he wasn't any good at all either.

We need better backup goaltending next year, whether it's from him or someone else.

His leash needs to be extremely short next year. Too many soft goals. 33% of the goals scored on him are bad, that's way too much. That's a higher amount of bad goals than any backup we've had in almost a decade, not including the lockout season Hedberg.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
he has 28 goals this year on the worst offensive team in hockey

how much better do you expect him to do, honestly?

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I said he is streaky, but again, you can't just attribute that to effort. There are players who are streaky and it can be for a variety of reasons (confidence, etc.). Is he lazy in his back check, defensive play, PK? No. I'm not biased, and if anything I'm one of the least biased people here.

I'm not satisfied with his effort some nights, especially during stretches like this. If you are, good for you. I'll continue to hope for better from him and from this team. I remember a time when we had great players and high expectations. Now we don't even have a right to expect a strong effort every night. Sad time to be a Devils fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad