GDT: Sweden-USA, 7:30 p.m Local Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Patrick said:
Its the broadcast camera that was zoomed in, it was cleary over the line. Im taping the game so next commercial I will rewind and look again.

Remember the Gelinas no goal in the playoffs? Its the same angle here...inconclusive.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
I didn't see any angle on TSN that I would call conclusive. It's extremely close though, and *probably* was in. I don't think a video review would have called it in though. And I'm pulling for the US.

Unconscionable for the ref not to go upstairs, however. Leave the ego at home, there are procedures in place for just this sort of thing. I don't care how positive you were.

Marty Brodeur would have a difficult time putting up decent numbers behind this defense, by the way.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
Patrick said:
Its the broadcast camera that was zoomed in, it was cleary over the line. Im taping the game so next commercial I will rewind and look again.
If we learned anything from the playoffs last year, when the puck is flipping, its very difficult to tell if its totally over the line.

Or mabye the ref, who was right on the line, saw it best and decided to make a call and not leave it in the hands of officials watching tv moniters.

But anyways...

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
What exactly did they call there? Perhaps a make-up for missing what should have been a penalty on Eriksson earlier :dunno: ?

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Those Swedish PKers looked extremely tired...they were out there forever.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Looks like the us might be able to grind these guys down. they just need to work on coverage in their own zone.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Cawz said:
Well, the Americans beat us last year at this tournament, so whats wrong with heckling? The US has the trophy my country wants.

It's stupid to be from another country and sit there and boo the other one who's not even PLAYING their country yet.

They must still be upset that their team lost the gold medal. Not that the US won it, since they didn't of course ;).

It;s just dumb to heckle a team of kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad